“Good food, so-so service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Rigsby's Kitchen is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #164 of 1,994 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Lincoln
Philadelphia PA USA
“Good food, so-so service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I visited my daughter who lives in Columbus and they took us to Rigsby's as their favorite in town. It was fine dining with a general Italian approach. The food lived up to its billing, the service less so. I was particularly disappointed when I asked about a specific whisky from the bar, was told by the waitress that it was in stock and is what I was served, and when I asked the bartender on the way out if they stocked what I had asked for (it was not on display at the bar and usually would be) was told that they did not stock or serve it. The waitress did not seem to understand the difference between a Lagavulin 12 and Lagavulin 16, being generous in my interpretation.

Throughout the meal, our waitress did not seem to be attentive to our table, although our hosts are regulars. The meal was served by people other than our order-taker (who I assume was the waitress assigned to the table and is the person discussed) and she did not visit the table soon after the food was served to see if everything was ok or if anything additional was needed.

That said, the decor as nice, the food very good, the atmosphere pleasant.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Columbus, Ohio
“All Bark, no bite”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

This is a hipster joint. The plates are small, and the food is blah. It is in the hipster area of the Short North in Columbus. Much better places to eat in the area.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Pasadena, California
“Too Gourmet for the Name”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I saw the restaurant advertised in the visitor's magazine at the hotel. It sounded homey and I hoped to get spaghetti or lasagna. However, it is a very gourmet restaurant. Everything came with things like truffles, wilted leeks and other things I'd never heard of. I ordered a steak - expensive - but the only thing on the menu that seemed "real". However, the balsamic sauce they soaked it in made it taste terrible and the potatoes had something weird mixed into them - I am not a gourmet. I like good, plain Italian food. There was none to be had.

• 2 of 5 stars Food
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
“Terrific Italian food in a relaxed environment”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

A great place to stop for lunch while shopping long North High St. Food is well-prepared, interesting combinations and the pasta was done perfectly. Attentive wait staff who are not intrusive. his would be a good place for business or a date night.

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Yep, it's good.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

We've been living in Columbus for a year, and this weekend we finally got around to trying Rigsby's for a "date-night". I ordered a beet salad first-course, which was both beautiful and flavorful. Then, I got the sea scallops, served with avocado and grapefruit over a bed of quinoa. I wish I could replicate the quinoa at home - it had a delicate flavor that was inexplicable. Scallops were juicy, tender, and just sweet enough. My better half started with a lobster soup/chowder, which I didn't sample but looked gorgeous. That was followed by a Barramundi main course (a "special" that evening), over a bed of lentils and under a blanket of red cabbage. A little heavy-handed on the lentils, but otherwise delicious. Nice wine selection, as well. The ambiance was high-end, modern, and comfortable. I had read other reviews which complained of the noise level, but we did not find it overly noisy (and, if we had, believe me I would join the complaints - it's a pet peeve of mine). All in all, this was an A, not an A+. I'd probably give it 4 1/2 stars, if that was an option. But, we'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere