“ShoBad” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Columbus, Ohio
“ShoBad”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

We used to love Shoku and went bi-monthly until a couple of years ago when the place started going downhill. A year ago we had such a horrible experience that we vowed never to go back. Tonight I decided to give it a second chance with the hope management had changed, etc. I went to the bar to order takeout and sat there for 20 minutes while two employees ignored me and never asked for my order, if I wanted a drink, etc. I walked out and drove to Akai Hana, which was fabulous. As I live in Grandview, I truly hope Shoku goes out of business so someone who cares will open a restaurant in this truly excellent location.

• Visited August 2013

Dublin, Ohio, United States
“Good sushi”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

They have a nice outdoor seating area. I enjoyed its Sushi though they are kind of pricy. I ordered a house salad, but it was very small for the cost and I will not order again. Seafood satay was goof if you like seafood.

Visited August 2013
Hudson, Wisconsin
“Pleasantly Surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

After reading some not so good reviews my daughter and I decided to try Shoku anyway. Simply because it was a beautiful evening and we wanted patio dining. Jin was our waitress and the level of service that she provided was great! Sushi was average or maybe a little better than average. We had rolls that were spicy and rolls that were not. All had good flavor. I did see reviews that there is an odor on the outdoor patio. There was no odor this evening, but the neighboring resturant has their dumpsters very near the Shoku patio, so I can see where there is potential for odor. I do not understand why they wouldn't place their trash dumpsters away from their neighbors patio...

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Central Ohio
“Nothing bad - but nothing great either.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

It had been some time since I'd visited Shoku, which I used to like a great deal. However, I suspect the management has changed, because much of the menu and the entire feel of the place has changed. Our server was very nice and efficient, and all of the food was fine, but the overall experience was not as nice as previously, and there was just nothing special about it. Not at all a bad experience, but not the destination that it used to be for us (and the removed the wonderful duck stirfry from the menu - bummer).

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“Average for foodie Columbus”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2012

We went to this restaurant for the first time and when we were handed the menus the waiter mumbled something about edemame and looking at the menu. We both thought he was asking us if we wanted to take time to look at the menu and said yes. He later returned with a plate of steaming edamame. We told him we didn't order any food yet and he said he was sorry and that he was confused. When our order came it was pretty good and we thought the tempura was very good. To our disappointment the entree was topped with chicken rather than the shrimp we had ordered. When we mentioned it he said that he would comp half of it. In the midst of eating a large piece of vegetable tempura another waiter walked by and whisked away the plate with the sauce for it. I'd been meaning to check this restaurant out for a long time and was surprised at how average it is.

• Visited February 2012