“Our First Stop when we Return to Columbus” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #77 of 2,022 Restaurants in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Pizza
SoCal
“Our First Stop when we Return to Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2013

Rubino's is conveniently close to the Columbus airport, so when we return to Ohio to visit relatives, the first stop is Rubinos for some of their sublime thin crust pizza (and an ice cream cone from Johnson's across the street afterwards). We've been to Italy twice and had some great pizza there (in Venice, Rome, Montepulciano, Florence and Assisi, among other locations), but Rubino's still makes the best thin crust pizza I have ever had. Ultra thin and crispy, pepperonis with the right amount of spice, nice cornmeal crunch on the bottom of the crust-I'm getting hungry just typing this review! The "atmosphere" is certainly not the draw (early Midwest greasy spoon), but if you are a thin crust pizza fan, this is a must-visit for anyone living in or visiting Columbus. I understand that they now ship their pizzas overnight to anywhere in the US (partially baked), so I might try that when I am feeling especially decadent!

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Toledo, OH
“Def of amazing...rubino's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Oddly enough my wife and I ate here for our anniversary. Don't let the decor fool you. Rubino's has been around forever and it was my feeling that why remodel the place when all you need to do is let the pizza do the talking! We split a 14" which was just right. The crust is extremely thin and the toppings are top notch in my book. The pizza left me comfortable enough to enjoy a quick jaunt down to Jenny's ice cream... Will be returning for sure!

Visited June 2013
Portsmouth, Ohio
“Best Thin Crust Ever”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

By far this is the best thin crust pizza I have ever eaten. It's a little dive that has the best flavor, this place makes it own sausage, everything about it is so fresh. The service is top notch and if you stop in place an order you have your pizza in 15 minutes. I try to stop here every time the wife and I are in Columbus.

Visited April 2013
“Loved it so much we got one to go!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

loved the thin crust pizza, and the home made sausage. It's a must have stop now when we are in Columbus.

Visited April 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Good VERY crispy thin crust”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

We ate in, its a small (about 6 booths and 10 tables) old (kind of dumpy) resturant. We sat in a booth and fortunately for us they had a standing fan beside the table because it was hot in that little place. They obviously do a huge pick up business, the phone didnt stop ringing the entire time we were there. We were a little disappointed that it took 40 minutes to get our pizza. There were only 3 tables seated inside. Even the waitress apologized for the delay. They had 4 guys making pizza so I still dont understand the delay. As for the pizza. It was good, very (almost cracker like) thin pizza. The sauce is sweet, but we thought it was very good. I had sausage and onion. The sausage are slices, in lieu of chucks like in most places. It was spicy and delicious. Its kind of far from my home so I probably wont eat there again but if im in the area I may stop....but ill get it for pick up.
They serve soda in a can and its a CASH ONLY business. However if you need an atm, Chase bank
is across the street.