“Good Service and Varied Menu” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lindey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #7 of 1,987 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, French, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Bar scene, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Mohawk
Denver, Colorado
“Good Service and Varied Menu”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

I took my sister for a long delayed birthday dinner. We mentioned to the waiter the reason for our visit, and he offered a complementary dessert, but there was no other birthday fanfare, which we both appreciated. A nice variety of both choices and price range on the wine list. My sister had a spicy pasta dish, very generous serving, which gave her enough to carry home for lunch later in the week. I had a single crab cake, which was served with steamed spinach. A side dish I would not have thought of, but which was a very nice accompaniment. We had very attentive service. My only complaint would be that I wish we had been offered a table farther away from the door where guests entered and left the restaurant. It would have been quieter and more relaxing. I don't want to believe that they treated two middle aged women arriving alone with less care than they would have some other customers, but - - -

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“Just great. Nothing else to say”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

In town because my daughter graduated osu. I went to school in columbus in the 1980. Then both kids went to osu. I am a columbus kind of person. The cuisine level on this city just keeps getting better and it's very good now. In the 1980s lets just say not so much. And Lindeys goes to the top of the list. Really a perfect place. Service was top notch. The drink menus is very complete and very we'll done. Large selection of appetizers. I brought a big group and we shared a lot of them. All simply great. Desserts were very nice as well. Food is eclectic and on the mark. Great place for celebrating life in general or your daughters osu graduation. Go there. Go often. I wish I had another osu student to bring me back to Lindeys more often.

Visited December 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Very good, very popular”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Very popular, considered one of Columbus' best restaurants. We had arugula and house salads. Both non-descript and fair. Crab cake entree was very nice. Tomato/mozzarella flat bread was fair...tomato was tasteless. Rest of menu looked very good...heavy on sauces. Bread pudding dessert was very good. Service was outstanding.

Visited December 2013
“You won't go wrong”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

I really like this place. I have been in Lindey's several times and for different occasions and you never go wrong. The food is consistently good as well as the atmosphere specially in Spring and summer when you can sit outside. The lobster bisque and the tuna tartar are spectacular but I am a meat person so I usually get the steak frites and have never been disappointed.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Columbus, Ohio
“OUTSTANDING Food, high-energy atmosphere, great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2013

We had dinner last night with friends at Lindey's, our first time visiting the restaurant. Overall, we were very impressed. The restaurant is busy and high energy – if you want a quieter table, be sure to request the back room. The setting is lovely down in the German village with great older architecture.

Service was warm and friendly – our server engage with us throughout the evening in just the right way. And the food was outstanding. We recently relocated here from a much larger metropolitan area, and were delighted to find a restaurant with the quality of Lindey's.

I had the Salmon, which was beautifully prepared with brussels sprouts and potatoes. My husband had a steak with mashed potatoes and asparagus that was cooked just right. Wine selections paired well with the foods. For dessert, we had key lime pie which was fine and a bourbon pumpkin brownie which was truly amazing.

We will be back!