“Very fun menu!” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Lindey's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 1,961 restaurants in Columbus
Cross street: Mohawk
Granville, Ohio
“Very fun menu!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Let me preface by saying I would have given the restaurant a 5, but I'm a vegetarian. There was one pasta dish on the menu that was veg friendly, and the only other option was to order al a carte veggies or apps. Surely Columbus's top restaurants can start to get a little more creative when it comes to vegetarian entrees!

With that being said, if I was a meat eater, WHAT A MENU! Some old steakhouse classics, some fun twists on dishes - I would have had a hard time deciding what to order. My husband has the ribeye and really loved it. Cooked to perfection, and he also enjoyed the mac and cheese.

Also, our waiter was great, too.

The *only* issue we had was that we showed up a few minutes late for our 6:45 reservation (it was our 5 year wedding anniversary). We get up to the hostess stand, and the girl there was on the phone with someone and looked like she was reading the menu over the phone. I'm sure she was caught up with someone asking a ton of questions, but she never acknowledged we were even standing there - no nod and smile or a "just a minute!" to let us know she would help when ready. We stood there with a line forming behind us for almost 5 minutes. Finally, a waiter came up and asked if he could help us. We told him we were there for our reservation, and he asked if we would like to sit inside or outside. Since the weather was fantastic, we said "oh! outside would be great!" He told us to go outside and head down the sidewalk and the hostess there would help us. What he neglected to tell us is that our reservation doesn't carry to the patio, and there were 8 tables ahead of us in line. Did I mention I am 8 months pregnant too? Ugh. We head back to the front host stand IN the restaurant and get back in line behind all the other people that were waiting. Luckily there was someone new at the desk, so we just said we had a 6:45 res, and she took us right to our table inside. Le sigh. A mild service hiccup I guess, but I would have expected a bit more from someplace like Lindey's!

• Visited August 2013

87% Recommend
Columbus, Ohio
“Neighborhood, Tourist and”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Lindey's has long been one of our favorite Columbus eateries, whether it be for a casual afternoon in the garden patio, special occasion dining, Sunday morning brunch or lunch or dinner. The food is consistently good, waiters and waitresses competent and friendly, and prices are reasonable. It is our choice for out of town guests, to dine there with friends and business associates and it is a consistent choice when we ask ourselves, "Where do you want to eat today?"

I love the large paintings (originals), tintype ceiling, chandeliers and lighting giving a real sense of warmth and comfort.

• Visited June 2013
Morrisville, Pennsylvania
“Not just food, but the ambiance!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Many fine steak houses serve more pretension than food - but not Lindey's. This is how a steakhouse should be!

The décor is perfect; Victorian - dark polished wood - lots of brass. Lindey's just looks the way a steakhouse should look.

The food and drink was excellent - and well priced. A good Malbec for $ 8.00! A perfect match for my rare Ribeye steak and onion strings. Or one could make a meal from the appetizers and soups, this is a menu with many options.

The quality of the food was matched by the service; we were a party of eight, one with a gluten-free requirement, which didn't cause the attentive (yet not overbearing) staff to miss a beat.

While I was in Columbus on business, and will return, Lindey's is almost a reason in itself to visit the city it's that good.

Bradfordwoods, PA
“Time tested, still great”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

I first went to Lindey's on special occasions over 25 years ago when I lived in Columbus. I had not been there in many years but decided to try it again on a recent visit. I was not disappointed. The restaurant was hopping and lively. Food was delicious, service was excellent. I had the crabcakes and the calamari appetizer, both prepared to perfection. Wine list was more than adequate and priced right. They must be doing something right to have lasted all these years and still maintain quality and current cuisine. Highly recommend.

Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Brunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

We recently went here for brunch on a rainy Saturday morning. The food and service was excellent. The staff was very professional and they kept the charm of the original building inside. I highly recommend the beignets and eggs lindey's! We will defiantly be back next time we are in Columbus.