“Phenomenal stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton
Ranked #5 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Warren, Michigan
“Phenomenal stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014 via mobile

Brought my 4-year-old great-niece for a two night stay. I had struggled between two hotels...and I'm glad I chose this one! From check-in to check-out, the stay was great! The American Girl package was extraordinary and well worth the extra money per night!

The room: I must say the room was HUGE! Pretty clean, although we did find some old candy and wrappers next to the chair...but the bathroom was spotless, as was the rest of the room. The bed was a wee bit too soft, but I slept through the night...so I can't complain! The hallways we actually pretty quiet...but it's probably due to being there during the week.

Breakfast: very good!! Cereal that any little girl would love...plus the best sausage gravy and biscuits I've had in a while! The breakfast room was kept very clean and the food was constantly restocked throughout the serving time.

The pool: for an adult, I thought the pool was too cold...but the kids thought it was the best! I spent my time in the hot tub...which was perfect for my tired body!

Would I recommend this hotel? Absolutely! Would I return? You betcha!!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
We had a great time hosting you and your niece for your American Girl visit. The picture on our Facebook page is getting a lot of great responses as well. Thank you again for these great comments and we hope to see you the next time you are in Columbus.

64 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

We stayed at this property over the Easter weekend and found this new hotel to be not only pristine, but the entire staff treated us like family. From the front desk staff, housekeeping, shuttle driver to the Executive Housekeeper, Natasha, everyone went out of their way to make us feel at home and a welcomed guest.

The shuttle over to Easton was a very nice surprise and we certainly took advantage of the services. We will definitely be back to enjoy this property.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the courtesy shuttle and go to Easton Mall for just about any type of entertainmen...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this great review. I have shared your comments with the staff so they know are doing a great job and especially Natasha. We hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbus and thank you again.
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

My family stayed at this hotel from Sat-Mon and were pleased overall. I called ahead of time and requested to be near the end of a hallway to cut down on people walking by late in the evening because our toddler goes to sleep early, and the front desk assigned our room at that time, which was nice. We arrived around 5:30pm and did not have a wait at the front desk. The clerk was friendly and helpful. The room was clean, though when we moved a stationary chair, a candy bar wrapper (that wasn't ours) rolled across the floor. We were short 1 towel, but the front desk quickly provided 1 upon request. The pool and hot tub were small for the size of the hotel, but it wasn't a problem even when the hotel was relatively full. We had no problem getting a table at breakfast either morning, though on Sunday morning they were much better at refilling the breakfast items and were much friendlier than on the quiet Monday morning. My older daughter loved being able to simply push a button to get pancakes and loved the cinnamon rolls. The breakfast selection was pretty standard, and most everything tasted good.
Two of us used the shuttle to go to Easton on Monday morning, but we didn't call for a return pick up. We asked the front desk on Sun evening about getting the shuttle, and it was there and waiting in plenty of time. Since it was raining, the driver was kind enough to drop us off at the front door of the American Girl store.

Note: If you have a young one who drinks milk at bedtime, be sure to pick it up before you get to the hotel. The pantry items available for purchase surprisingly did not include milk, and the front desk told us they did not have access to the breakfast beverages, so we had to leave the hotel the first night to buy milk.

Overall: While we would prefer to stay within walking distance of the shops at Easton, we would definitely return to this Holiday Inn due to the value and cleanliness of the hotel.

Overall:

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Thank you so much for writing a review on your stay. I am happy to hear that overall you enjoyed stay with us and I will make sure the staff sees your comments. We will also address the housekeeping item as well as what options we may have to have milk in the our suite shop. Thank you again for your business and let us know if you have any other comments or concerns regarding your stay.
Independence, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

We enjoyed our stay at this new hotel. Our accommodations were nice and the hotel was clean. Hotel management was very helpful and kind. Kids enjoyed the pool and even the pull out sofa bed was comfortable.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, April 13, 2014
Thank you for this great review and I am glad you enjoyed your stay. I have shared your comments with the staff. If you have any other comments on your stay please feel free to reach out to me. Thank you again and I hope we get to see you the next time you are in Columbus.
Middletown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

We stayed for a swim meet at OSU. The hotel is beautiful! Great room, comfortable beds, nice big tv and fridge was great for keeping snacks cold. Front desk staff was professional and quick with checking us in. Although we didn't have the opportunity to get to Easton to shop, it is so convenient that we will stay here again when we plan an a shopping trip!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Thank you for taking time out to write a great review on your stay. I will make sure the staff sees these comments. Remember when you come back to go shopping at Easton that we have a free shuttle from the hotel to Easton. Thank you again and please feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions.
Mount Vernon, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We stayed at this hotel because we were doing a wine and food pairing event at Easton and did not want to drive. The male receptionist was so helpfu, informative, and friendly as well as our shuttle driver driver to Easton. This service was included and just what we needed to be safe. Our room was so clean, beds comfortable, and the huge TV and fridge made our late night snacking and girl time super fun. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, March 10, 2014
Thank you so much for the great comments on your stay with us. I am glad we were able to take care of you during your stay and I will make sure the entire staff sees these comments. I hope we see you again when you are in Columbus and let me know if you have any questions. Thank you
London, ON
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

We stayed here for a cheer competition February 21-23. Rooms are very clean, beds comfortable and nice bedding. Bathrooms are well appointed and clean as well. Breakfast was included, we tried it on the Sunday and it was nice. Every staff member I came across was fantastic, I cannot say enough about how nice everyone was. We did not need our room cleaned the Saturday and the house cleaner wanted to ensure we had enough clean towels, soap and that our garbage was emptied. She was concerned we didn't want it cleaned due to the time she was there and offered to come later but we were happy with clean towels. Parking was also included and there were lots of spaces, the lot was also well lit. Close to a nice shopping area and lots of near by restaurants. My only issue with the whole hotel was other guests. Running from room to room slamming their door on the security bar and running in the room above us all the time. It was almost 1:00am before the slamming stopped, not nice when you are getting up at 5:30am to get ready for your competition. I do wish hotels that are having sports teams would have someone patrol the hallways periodically to ensure this wasn't happening. It is intimidating to confront people who are drinking and running from room to room on your own. Other guests who are inconsiderate can really cost hotels return business so it would be a good investment on the hotel's part. If I am back in Columbus I would definitely return here as the rooms are clean and the staff wonderful.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Thank you for writing a review on your stay. We pride ourselves to be the cleanliest and friendliest hotel in Columbus so I am glad you were able to experience that. I apologize for the other guests being loud during your stay and that we were not able to quiet them down in a timely manner. We are looking into the best ways to monitor this issue moving forward so we can accommodate all of our guests. Thank you again for the review and we look forward to seeing you again when you are in Columbus.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton? Share your experiences!