“Love that new hotel smell!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton

Save Saved
You added Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4899 Sunbury Rd, Columbus, OH 43230   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #5 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Houston, Texas
“Love that new hotel smell!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

I just love that new hotel smell.

The Holiday Inn Express Easton/Columbus had only been open two months when I arrived. Jasmyn (I hope I got her name right) greeted me with a warm and welcoming smile when I walked in the door and made me feel like a valued guest.

The hotel is easy to find and convenient to the airport. There are no walking-distance restaurants nearby, but about a half-mile away is a large shopping district with just about any genre restaurant you can ask for. I understand there is a hotel shuttle, but I didn’t use it.

I was upgraded to a very nice king suite. While called a “suite” it isn’t actually a separate sleeping area with a door type suite, it’s just a more spacious room with a sofa. Quite a few HIX properties have these larger rooms. The room was spotlessly clean and comfortable with a big TV. The room features amenities perfect for the business traveler – lots of electrical outlets, reading lights over the bed, and lots of desk space. The AC had a constant fan feature, which I love.

The bathroom was very spacious. I have no use for tubs in hotels so I especially liked the big walk-in shower. One thing I don’t like in most of the newer hotel properties (not just Holiday Inn Express, it seems to be a trend in most newer hotels) is the lack of a towel rack near the sink. I know the hotel is looking for an architecturally pleasing look, but I miss the towel holder near the sink. I do like the trend though, of not attaching the hair dryer to the wall. Usually I find the separate hairdryers only in upscale hotels.

Breakfast was typical HIX fare. The breakfast area for this property is huge, and had a lot of unused counter space in the serving area. The attendant was pleasant and kept the area clean and well-stocked.

This property is off to an excellent start, and I hope they keep it up. I will definitely be back to check it out!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking time out to write a review about your stay. I have shared your comments with the staff and Jasmyn to thank them for their work. I am happy hear that you enjoyed all of the features in the hotel and the room. The reading lamps and huge walk in shower are my favorite parts in the room. Remember next time ask for the free shuttle to Easton the next time you are in town. Thanks again for all your great comments and I hope we are just as great the next time you visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
toledo, oh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for a family function.
Closeness to Easton great, some guests even walked.
The staff is very friendly and accommodating, rooms large and feel very new.
The free breakfast is very basic, but you can find something to help start your day.
Plenty of parking and the rates the most reasonable I found near Easton.
Enjoy!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your stay. I hoped you enjoyed your time with your family and got to experience everything that Easton gets to offer. For your next visit ask for our free shuttle that will take you to Easton. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit into Columbus.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Columbus area. The facilities and rooms are excellent and the staff is the most courteous and professional I have ever experienced in any hotel or resort. Everyone from the management to front desk to housekeeping to maintenance went out of their way to make us feel welcome during our stay. The location is ideally situated close to Easton shopping area...p.s. Highly recommend the cinnamon rolls at breakfast.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your stay. I am happy to hear that everyone here took care of you while you visited your family. I hope you get to visit again real soon and we will make sure to have some cinnamon rolls waiting for you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

My neice and I stayed here for a Columbus /Easton shopping trip....it has got to be one of the nicest hotels I have stayed in. Clean, modern, nice staff and we felt safe....oh and the beds were amazing....will definatly stay here again!

Room Tip: We had a King on the 3rd floor....all was quiet and the light blocking shades were a super nice touc...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, August 23, 2013
Thank you so much for writing a review on your stay. We love to see these great comments and I have shared them with the staff. I hope we get to see you again when your in Columbus.
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Made the decision to stay in the Easton area on business this month and our travel coordinator found a great price on the brand new Holiday Inn Express for me. It is a "stones throw" from the Easton area, probably not close enough to walk to that expansive shopping area due to the busy traffic in the area, but less than 5 minutes drive. I was graciously given a king instead of the two queens reserved and upon checking into the room found a lot of details that show that someone really thought about the planning for today's traveler. There is a bank of plug ins and connections on a spacious ledge, a pull out desk, couch with end table, a bright gooseneck light over the bed and a well appointed bathroom. Also, for those who are in their hotel to watch tv, there is a BIG tv. I did end up running the fan on constant all night to provide background noise as I could really hear my neighbor's doors slamming. Breakfast had some good choices and the smiling face from the lady staffing the breakfast was a nice start to the day. Would stay here again if I had the chance.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. I am glad that you and your travel coordinator gave us a shot. I have shared your comments with the staff including our breakfast ladies. I hope we get to see you again when your in Columbus and feel free to share my email with your travel coordinator to ensure the best rate is received for your company. Thank you again.

jake.odare@lin-gate.com
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

I stayed here just as a little getaway to be close to Easton and enjoy the nightlife without having to drive home. The two people working the front desk, Muhammad and Jasmyne were fantastic!! They were so nice and professional; they made me feel welcome and comfortable. The room was beautiful, plugs to charge my phone, a nice tv mounted, a couch, microwave/fridge, but my favorite part was the extra-large shower with the rounded doors! I also took advantage of the pool and hot tub, both were great, towels were stocked and area was clean. All in all it was a great stay and I would recommend to anybody staying near the Easton area!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking time out to write a review on your stay. I have shared your comments with the staff and especially Mohamed and Jasmyn. I hope we get to see you again during your next visit to Columbus.
St. Marys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2013

This hotel opened up a couple of months ago, the staff is great, specially Muhammad at front desk. The breakfast lady was pleasant and she was very helpful, even after I accidentally spilled some coffee on the floor. However the strength of this hotel is the quality of the beds and space in the rooms and amenities. Everything was top notch. I am also posting some pictures of the rooms so show how awesome they were.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Jake O, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
Thank you for taking time out of your day to share a review on your stay. I have made sure both the breakfast staff and Mohamed was recognized for their service. Thank you as well for posting pictures from your room and I see that you were in the 2 queen suite which is my favorite room. I hope we get to see you again the next time you are in Columbus.

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Columbus - Easton? Share your experiences!