“Nice stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Zanesville, Ohio
“Nice stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We've stayed at this hotel twice and have enjoyed each stay. They are a bit pricey but I expect that for a downtown location. I look for 2 things when staying in hotels, cleanliness and quiet sleeping and I had both. Taxis are available right outside but there is also a free Short North shuttle bus that travels up and down High Street that came in handy. I will say that I am glad I didn't use the valet service because we parked in the hotel's parking garage (self park) and were surprised to see a car traveling at a fast speed inside the garage. My husband and I wondered why any person would travel that fast in a garage with people moving around with luggage only to see when he passed us that it was a valet! We both remarked how glad we were that we parked the car ourselves! We ate our meals outside of the hotel so I cannot comment on the quality of food. We definitely will stay here again and make sure we park our own car!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 29, 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review. We are fortunate to be located in the midst of all that is going on in downtown Columbus. I apologize for the speeding car in the parking garage, thank you for bringing that to my attention. I can understand that would be a concern for you and other guests throughout the garage. Next time you stay we recommend trying Gallerie! Chef Glover is passionate about the menu and uses local ingredients as much as possible. It’s become a local favorite! We look forward to your return visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We recently spent 5 days at this hotel while participating in the summer national fencing tournament. The hotel is centrally located, attached to the convention center, and has excellent amenities. It is true, as one reviewer mentioned, that the lower level rooms overlooking the atrium can be a little noisy, as we found out last year staying at this hotel while attending the same event, but the remainder of the hotel doesn't have the same problem and the noise level isn't a huge problem. The staff is helpful and friendly, the hotel is updated and very clean and the service excellent. They were particularly helpful with my pet and children. I'm sorry the event will not return to Columbus next year. We really enjoyed the city and the hotel.

Room Tip: rooms on the outside away from the atrium and from the main street are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! We were honored to have your group here this year. We are fortunate to be located in the midst of it all in Columbus! I am sorry that the noise carried into your room from the atrium, thank you for bringing that to our attention. Even though your event isn’t in Columbus next year, we hope to see you back again soon!
Berkley, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

The Hilton was comfortable, had good workers, and was quiet, even though it was downtown. We loved the shower and the bed, but the pillows were too large and too firm. Bar area was dimly lit and cozy. Lobby is huge and mainly empty-seems like a waste if space. We'd stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback and hope that you will return on your next trip to Columbus.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

This new hotel is in a great location (Short North/Arena District) and is within walking distance of many bars, restaurants, galleries and shops, Huntington Bank Park, Nationwide Arena, and many other downtown Columbus attractions. The rooms are clean, comfortable, and very nicely decorated. The staff was polite, accommodating, and very helpful. The bar and restaurant are both very nice, although the bar closed at midnight on Saturday night even though it seemed as if there were many guests who were interested in having a "nightcap." Tom, the manager of the restaurant, was particularly attentive and kind and took very good care of us when we had breakfast both mornings of our stay.

One thing that prevents me from giving this hotel an excellent rating is that there is no free WiFi. Although it's free in the lobby, if you want to access the internet in your room, it's $9.95 a night. It seems pretty petty of the hotel to offer free WiFi in the lobby, but to charge to access it in the guest rooms.

One bit of advice--take advantage of the valet parking and DO NOT self-park. It's well worth the $4.00 difference in the cost since the self-park option is a little confusing and requires quite a hike especially if the deck is crowded.

Overall, however, we loved our stay at this location and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! Glad you enjoyed the hotel’s convenient location to many attractions downtown. In order to keep our room rates as competitive as possible, optional fees such as parking and internet are not included in the rate as not everyone partakes of these amenities. As opposed to increasing the base fee, you only pay for those you utilize. We do offer complimentary wifi access throughout the public areas as well as a fully equipped connectivity station, though there is a charge for the convenience of in-room access. Though I understand that you were not happy with the charges, I do trust that were fully aware of the these fees before your arrival and did enjoy your stay. We do recognize there are many hotel options during your travels, but hope our great location, superior product and attentive service provide a great overall value.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

Do you know what first impression is ok. But then you get rooms. The noise from the atrium is very noisy upward. Very noisy hubbub. Then we get to the bistro. I had a tuna salad. Service great food quality zero. The lettuce; I wouldn't have fed to chickens. Brown floppy. Sad. Manager was ok but $16 for a less than basic salad. Really. Turkey sandwich late night. Asked for no blue cheese. It came with blue cheese. Why do hotels believe that classy is blue cheese. It is mould made by copper wires. It's not classy and you know, most of Europe thinks it's rubbish. So why include it? Hotel is ok. But only if it doesn't try to become something higher that it isn't
. Won't stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for taking time to share your experience and deeply regret you did not enjoy your stay, particularly your dining experience. I have shared your comments with the team for their attention. The Tuna Nicoise, served with seared Ahi Tuna, is priced as an entrée and not intended as a side salad. We are always happy to modify items to meet personal preference and apologize that we erred on the sandwich. Your comments are appreciated and hope we will have the opportunity to regain your trust and confidence should your travels bring you back to the area.
Puyallup, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

I was really impressed with the Bellman Ryne and the young lady at the front desk Ashley. I mentioned one morning I'd like to buy some of that caramel popcorn I was given when I first arrived. Ashely (spell?) said they did not sell that popcorn at the Hilton, however I should be able to find it at the farmers market next door. When I got back to my room latter that night I found a bag of the popcorn and a real nice letter from Ashley. The first day I arrived I went to pick up 2 of my trade show pull up banners for the show. Believe it or not Ryne carted both packages to the show for me. The convention center is attached to the Hilton with a skybridge. After that whenever I saw Ryne he always said hello and asked me if he could help with anything. I’ve never had that type of service at any hotel – I’m not a big fan of business travel, however I do travel about 20 nights a year, its service like this that make business travel enjoyable. I would go out of my way to stay at a Hilton property after this experience.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Whitby, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I recently visited Columbus on a business trip and stayed 2 nights at the downtown Hilton. I was very impressed with the overall experience. From the great service at check-in to the clean, modern, tastefully decorated room, to the superb bar and lounge. I would recomend staying here to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!