“brunch with friends” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“brunch with friends”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

Our Sunday brunch was fantastic. The service, food, and our table by the fireplace was a great wonderful. I host many meeting after work at HCD and the service and food are always amazing.

I have stayed at the hotel and try and get a view facing south. Its lovely and you cant believe you are in Columbus Ohio

Room Tip: ask for a southern view of the city
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience! I’m glad you enjoyed brunch in the Gallerie. The fireplace is a great spot. Thank you for your repeat business and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (187)
Fort Thomas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

A beautiful clean friendly hotel that has thought of and taken care of everything you need. Valet parking with in and out privileges, a covered walkway to the convention center, food and bar services, a pool, hot tub and up to date fitness center open 24 hours. Very comfy bed, great lighting and a large screen TV. They are very family friendly as well as very business appropriate. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. The location is close to everything with lots of places within walking distance to eat or site see.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review! While we value all feedback, surely we enjoy the compliments all that much more! We are fortunate to be located near the Short North and Arena District with a variety of options within walking distance. I am glad you enjoyed the hotel and surrounding area, next time you have to try our Gallerie restaurant, it’s become a local favorite!
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Stayed here on Super Bowl Sunday - the Bronco's didn't turn up. Room was perfect for a one night stopover. I sat at the bar and enjoyed several beers before settling on the Bell's which was very nice. The menu was very tempting but I settled for a very enjoyable salad after a long day travelling. Very popular amongst people attending the exhibition centre.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Thanks for sharing your comments! Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, minus the outcome of the Super Bowl. Safe travels and we look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in Columbus!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am frequently in Columbus for Cheerleading comps with my 2 daughters. This is BY FAR, the absolute best hotel. It is attached to the Convention Center via a skywalk, which is a huge advantage. But more importantly, they have an AMAZING STAFF. Every employee at this hotel is outstanding: from the front desk (who tries to accommodate every request), to the bell hop and valet guys (this last trip, my cooler bag had a bottle of red wine that broke in transport; their valet guy actually cleaned the whole bag out for me when handling our luggage: amazing; tipped him well!). The restaurant and bar staff are also amazing. Considering they were dealing with tons of teenage girl cheerleaders for a whole weekend, they were very accommodating in making things like 'grilled cheese' at 10pm that weren't even on the menu. I cannot say enough good things about this hotel! My FAV by far!

Room Tip: Ask to have outside facing room. Some just have view of atrium (not desirable).
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! While we value all feedback, surely we enjoy the compliments all that much more! Your kind and gracious comments regarding the personable and attentive service you received from the entire staff is greatly appreciated.
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

This hotel is right at the end of the busiest nightlife street in Columbus. It provides walking access to dozens of restaurants, bars, clubs and shops. This hotel also has a wonderful food and beverage menu. I had the pork belly slider- AWESOME! I also had the veal mac and cheese and the beet salad. I basically licked my plates clean. My room was on the 7th floor. It was beautiful, clean, and warm unlike outside. The 2 negatives of my trip was parking in their garage which isn't actually connected to the hotel and costs $20 to self park or $24 to valet. If you self park you have to park in the garage, go down to the first level, walk across this cross walk (which is basically an alley between the hotel and the garage) and then enter the hotel through the lowest level, ride the elevator up to your room or the lobby. This was NOT fun with bags when I went to leave. The other negative of this particular trip was the cheer-leading competition going on across the street at the convention center. Cheerleaders were EVERYWHERE! running up and down the halls etc. I would look into what is going on at the convention center before choosing to stay here, but that is my lesson learned from this stay.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience. I am pleased that you generally enjoyed your stay, particularly the restaurant of which we are very proud. I do apologize for the disruption the cheerleading event had on your stay. The hotel staff does its very best to maintain order and decorum but can be a challenge during such large events. Valet parking provides a much more convenient option and allows for parking until 5pm on the day of departure making it a good value for the $4 incremental charge. We look forward to your return visit.
Springfield, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

We stayed here for two nights during the OMEA Conference. It was a good choice for a variety of reasons. It is connected by heated (important in Winter) walkway to the convention center and has a self-parking option in the garage behind it. Although parking is $20, it is nice to not have to valet it. We upgraded to an executive level room on the top (12th) floor. It included a nice lounge where breakfast was available all morning, appetizers in the evening, and snacks all day. It has a nice espresso maker as well and I had several shots on both days. The housekeeping staff was not only friendly but seemed genuinely concerned about us and our room. I realize that they charge for internet but I have AT&T so I logged into their hotspot. I also had Hilton Honors and that got free internet. The convention center now has free internet, which is new since last year's conference. One plus for the hotel is the Galleria Bar and Bistro and we had a great dinner there. The boulliabaise was no longer on the menu but the chef created a very close version for me that tasted great. We will return here the next time we need to stay downtown.

Room Tip: Spend the extra 20 bucks for an Executive level room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! We are honored to have the OMEA group back this year. As you mentioned, the skybridge provides easy access to/from the convention center and is convenient during the cold months! I appreciate your comments on the service you received from housekeeping and in the Gallerie restaurant. We look forward to seeing you back next year!
USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

We were here in early January for a hockey game/week-end.

Room
We had a very nice room (434). The view is incredible from this room, looking on three sides with a window-lined hallway from the door to the sleeping area. Very nice.

Location
If you are going to an arena event, this Hilton is well located with a walking bridge from the attached parking garage. Basically, it is one block to the arena.

We had a corporate rate, so the value was good. The price is comparable to other downtown hotels.

Parking
I understand the comment that valet is easier if you have a lot of luggage. The self park garage is connected to the hotel, but it is a bit of a path to the hotel. We used self park and it was fine, but it was me and three boys ages 10-12. They can help carry stuff at that age.

The desk was wonderful. I asked questions and got answers, had a billing thing they corrected, etc.

The only thing to watch out for...
I would definitely go again, but if you bring a modern family, be aware that wifi is $15.95 PER DEVICE per 24 hours. We had 3 iPads, an iPod and 2 laptops. But, if you have AT&T, such as U-Verse, you just login with that account from each device. Then it is all covered. Whew...

Room Tip: Room 434 was fantastic. I assume all the "34" ending rooms are the same.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience! We’re fortunate to be so close to the arena! Just to clarify, while there is a charge for the convenience of in-room wifi, it is per room not per device. Unfortunately, the automated system will charge by the device but the front desk will gladly remove the additional charge(s).

Been to Hilton Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!