“Great People” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Greencastle, Indiana
“Great People”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2013

Desk staff was very helpful. I stopped on Christmas Eve while driving to Indiana.

First, I had a little trouble finding the hotel as the GPS was in a funk. I called the hotel and the girl that answered walked me through directions and made sure I knew where I was going.

I had forgotten dog food and because nothing close by was open, i didnt have anything handy to feed my dog. One of the employees remembered that there were hot dogs left over from the employee lounge and got them for my dog.

While loading my car up the next morning, a nice man and hotel employee helped me carry all my things to my car as I was traveling alone and with pets.

Overall great experience. It wasn't much fun driving all day on Christmas Eve and Christmas morning to get home but the hotel employees made my Christmas a good/ easy one.

Great people, clean rooms, great hotel.

Kudos to them and the managers.

• Stayed December 2013
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay despite having to travel on Christmas. We appreciate your comments about the service you received; I am fortunate to work with a team of service-oriented professionals. Hope you had a happy holiday!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
Hilliard, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

My wife and I stayed here overnight recently and thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The hotel lives up to the Hilton name with the decor and service that they provide. From pulling up to the valet in a covered/enclosed area and the assistance with our bags, to the higher-end keys to the room, provided robes, and a spotless room, it was a well-spent night.

Service was excellent, even retrieving my dress shoes I had left in my vehicle! We had the opportunity for late drinks in the hotel bar and had a very nice time. The location was very convenient - close ot the arena, convention center and the North Market.

The hotel is decorated very tastefully with local Columbus art - no simple/generic hotel-art-sale items hang on the walls here!

Overall, great place to stay, great staff and a great experience.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Our location near the Arena District and Short North Arts District allows us to embrace the artistic culture..and as you found, the North Market is a great place to sample the local fare. We’re glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!
Eastern US
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton earlier this month and the hotel is just over a year old (new building). The staff was great, the room, fresh, modern, and very clean. This is one of the better Hilton hotels that I have stayed at I stay at Hilton brand properties several times a month. The Concierge lounge breakfast is also great.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! As you mentioned, we are a little over one year old (opened October of 2012). We’re so glad you had a nice stay and enjoyed the concierge lounge offerings.
New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

The staff couldn't be more helpful. I left my laptop in my room and they went out of there way to make sure they had it delivered in a timely manner. The rooms are extremely well appointed but a little small but I was alone so it didn't matter.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

We’re glad you received your laptop in a timely manner. It’s no fun leaving items behind! We hope to welcome you back soon.
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2013 via mobile

Modern hotel with local art, including on ceiling over bed. Room on small side but nicely decorated. Lots of convenient electrical outlets for road warriors. Bathroom with great shower. Breakfast buffet very nice. Service outstanding in all respects..staff very well trained, polite, friendly, and helpful. If room had been a bit bigger, hotel would be rated outstanding.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Thank you for your review! The rooms and public spaces were built for the modern traveler..plenty of outlets! Glad you found it to be convenient. We look forward to your return visit!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Very contemporary hotel updated and very accommodating friendly staff we went for a concert I called hotel from concert to have room service deliver a pizza to our room at midnight they accommodated our request

• Stayed December 2013
We appreciate your note and are glad you enjoyed your stay! Thank you.
Dublin, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2013

What a beautiful property! Phenomenal artwork, rooms are stunning and both food and staff fabulous! Very chic and whimsical as well. Check in was seamless with Cindy Danko-Southey! Sure to return on our next staycation!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review! Your comments about Cindy are sincerely appreciated. I am most fortunate to work with such a service-oriented professional and have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with Cindy and will include your note in our recognition program. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!