“Amazing hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Lexington, Ohio
“Amazing hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

My husband and I were really impressed by this hotel. It's in the middle of district arena and in the heart of downtown Columbus. It is a beautiful hotel, very modern, and very clean. The only down fall is the $20/a night parking. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your note and glad you enjoyed your stay. While there is a cost for parking in an urban environment, the location in the midst of the best Columbus has to offer makes it worthwhile.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

This was my first stay in the hotel- it was just completed last fall. My experience was awesome.

The hotel itself is great- it is in a perfect location downtown. It is directly across the street from the convention center, 2 blocks from Nationwide Arena and the Arena district, and maybe 5 blocks away from most state offices and the traditional downtown area. There are cool places to run nearby too (I suggest the trail along the river or going due north).

My favorite part about the hotel was the service. From the front desk, to the valet, to the bar on the second floor, to the housekeepers, to the executive club attendants- service was stellar. Everyone seemed genuinely happy and went out of their way to make the experience great.

The rooms themselves were very nice as you would expect in a very new hotel. The shower was especially cool. TVs were great- tons of channels and easy to use.

I was very happy with my HHonors benefits- I was put in a nice room on the executive level. I suggest as high of a floor as you can get- there are decent views on all sides and it should be quieter the higher you are.
I had a small problem with the car I had valeted, and the hotel handled it perfectly. I couldn't be more satisfied with the stay- please keep it up!

Room Tip: High floors are best- if you have HHonors status shoot for the 12th floor and the executive club.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write of your recent experience. While we appreciate all feedback, certainly we enjoy the compliments all that much more! We look forward to your return.
PLYMOUTH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

I loved this hotel, new and clean with great amenities such as the pool and lounge on the second floor. Rooms were a bit smaller but very modern and comfortable. I loved the location and the ability to walk to the arena district and Short North. I would love to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
We would love to have you back!
Columbiana, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

Loved my stay. My room was extremely nice! , bed was comfortable. Everything was clean! The convenience to the Convention Center was great. Would stay here again. The bar area was clean and nicely decorated. I did not take advantage of the restaurant since I was there for a conference and all our meals were provided.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments and so glad you enjoyed your stay.
Miamisburg, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for one night while we were in town to see a comedian. I am EXTREMELY picky about hotels and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The hotel is immaculate. Clean and absolutely gorgeous! Every staff member we encountered was above and beyond friendly and helpful. Our room was so quiet. We never heard a peep from anyone else and there were multiple weddings the weekend we stayed. I can't say enough good about this hotel. We will stay here every time we stay in Columbus. No need to look anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful note. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to a return visit soon.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I left with a bad taste in my mouth from a previous stay that I had, to which I commented on here before.. I kindly appreciate that the GM responded to my concerns and review on here, but what brought me back essentially was the service from Robin at the Front Desk.

I did not get to be checked in with her this time, but we got to chat over the phone multiple times as she was the phone person during my stay. Robin is a great person and is not afraid to show her personality through her job. She saw in the coffee shop during my and with no hesitation told me to try the hot chocolate as she was getting hers, and she gave me some information about the local places that she enjoys while I waited for my hot chocolate, I was very grateful!

I have to say, the parking situation does seem to be getting better when it comes to the staff explaining the parking structure to guests and how to use the keys properly.. However, I think it would be helpful to indicate which reader to use on the physical "black box" (I am aware of the signs that are on top of the boxes; but I think it can still get confusing when the garage attendants are yelling at you and telling you that you're doing it wrong..).

The restaurant is your default, they need to work harder.
Room service as well; service and staff that come to the room to deliver are terrible! (The wings are great though!!)
But with time and better management, I think this could change!

I now have experienced the KING and the 2 QUEEN rooms - if your staying, I advise that you go with a 2 QUEEN, whether you need the second bed or not, those rooms have the best views, locations and they're larger! I look forward to trying out a suite as Robin suggested.

Also, Erin with night audit was very sweet and wished me a great night every time I walked through the lobby at night. That's wonderful, usually night audit crews are unfriendly and hate their jobs.

Needless to say, I will be back again! Thanks Robin, Erin & other great staff!

Robin- Wear your hair down more, its beautiful! I wish I had those curls! haha.

Room Tip: Get a room with 2 QUEEN beds!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We do take all feedback to heart and constantly strive to improve upon our product and services and glad that we have made strides particularly in regards to the parking situation. Sometimes, despite all the best planning prior to opening, one just needs to live with a building for a bit to get the feel of things and how it flows and adjust accordingly. We look forward to continuing to hear your feedback after your next visit.
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a road warrior; I travel for business a lot. My stay at the Columbus Hilton downtown was frustrating and disappointing. The room was extraordinarily tiny - unacceptably small - with a window facing an atrium that was noisy because the bar is there and the drinkers were loud. The drawer had some kind of dirt in it, which stained the white dress shirt I placed in it. Room service was expensive, but s-l-o-w. So slow I missed breakfast and had to go to an important meeting hungry and cranky. Oh, and the housekeeping staff was already banging on the door at 8:30 am (industry standard is 9). Avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your constructive feedback and deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay. Certainly, this is not the comments for which we are striving. We do have rooms facing both the atrium and outside and always happy to get guests in the one they prefer. I do sincerely apologize for starting your day off on a bad note due to a slow breakfast and accept full responsibility for any damage done to your shirt. I will send a private message so that we can correct that situation for you if the front desk didn’t already do so. Again, my apologies; your constructive comments are sincerely appreciated.

Been to Hilton Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!