“Best hotel in Downtown Columbus” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi & Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #4 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Miamisburg, Ohio
“Best hotel in Downtown Columbus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

My husband and I just stayed here for one night while we were in town to see a comedian. I am EXTREMELY picky about hotels and couldn't have been happier with our choice. The hotel is immaculate. Clean and absolutely gorgeous! Every staff member we encountered was above and beyond friendly and helpful. Our room was so quiet. We never heard a peep from anyone else and there were multiple weddings the weekend we stayed. I can't say enough good about this hotel. We will stay here every time we stay in Columbus. No need to look anywhere else!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Thank you very much for your kind and thoughtful note. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to a return visit soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (161)
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I left with a bad taste in my mouth from a previous stay that I had, to which I commented on here before.. I kindly appreciate that the GM responded to my concerns and review on here, but what brought me back essentially was the service from Robin at the Front Desk.

I did not get to be checked in with her this time, but we got to chat over the phone multiple times as she was the phone person during my stay. Robin is a great person and is not afraid to show her personality through her job. She saw in the coffee shop during my and with no hesitation told me to try the hot chocolate as she was getting hers, and she gave me some information about the local places that she enjoys while I waited for my hot chocolate, I was very grateful!

I have to say, the parking situation does seem to be getting better when it comes to the staff explaining the parking structure to guests and how to use the keys properly.. However, I think it would be helpful to indicate which reader to use on the physical "black box" (I am aware of the signs that are on top of the boxes; but I think it can still get confusing when the garage attendants are yelling at you and telling you that you're doing it wrong..).

The restaurant is your default, they need to work harder.
Room service as well; service and staff that come to the room to deliver are terrible! (The wings are great though!!)
But with time and better management, I think this could change!

I now have experienced the KING and the 2 QUEEN rooms - if your staying, I advise that you go with a 2 QUEEN, whether you need the second bed or not, those rooms have the best views, locations and they're larger! I look forward to trying out a suite as Robin suggested.

Also, Erin with night audit was very sweet and wished me a great night every time I walked through the lobby at night. That's wonderful, usually night audit crews are unfriendly and hate their jobs.

Needless to say, I will be back again! Thanks Robin, Erin & other great staff!

Robin- Wear your hair down more, its beautiful! I wish I had those curls! haha.

Room Tip: Get a room with 2 QUEEN beds!!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
We do take all feedback to heart and constantly strive to improve upon our product and services and glad that we have made strides particularly in regards to the parking situation. Sometimes, despite all the best planning prior to opening, one just needs to live with a building for a bit to get the feel of things and how it flows and adjust accordingly. We look forward to continuing to hear your feedback after your next visit.
Washington DC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

I am a road warrior; I travel for business a lot. My stay at the Columbus Hilton downtown was frustrating and disappointing. The room was extraordinarily tiny - unacceptably small - with a window facing an atrium that was noisy because the bar is there and the drinkers were loud. The drawer had some kind of dirt in it, which stained the white dress shirt I placed in it. Room service was expensive, but s-l-o-w. So slow I missed breakfast and had to go to an important meeting hungry and cranky. Oh, and the housekeeping staff was already banging on the door at 8:30 am (industry standard is 9). Avoid this place.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you for your constructive feedback and deeply regret that you did not enjoy your stay. Certainly, this is not the comments for which we are striving. We do have rooms facing both the atrium and outside and always happy to get guests in the one they prefer. I do sincerely apologize for starting your day off on a bad note due to a slow breakfast and accept full responsibility for any damage done to your shirt. I will send a private message so that we can correct that situation for you if the front desk didn’t already do so. Again, my apologies; your constructive comments are sincerely appreciated.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

Great spot near Nationwide arena, convention center, downtown districts, North Market, the Trail system. Hotel had nice rooms with comfy beds and updated tile bath rooms. Will stay here again next time. Staff was friendly and very helpful.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
Thank you for the note. Glad you enjoyed your stay.
Atlanta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

I have to say I doubt I've been to a better Hilton property than this one. Let's break it down:

The Room: Modern and pristine. A large flat panel, HD television on the wall and fairly close to the bed makes your viewing experience that much better. Each room comes with a build in couch/sitting area that's located in front of the window. The bathrooms are clean and modern and the showers have outstanding water pressure ( a pet peeve of mine when traveling). The ceiling in the room has a framed painting above the bed, which adds color to the area. The internet connection was great, as was the selection of television stations which included the Big Ten Network. There was also a nice desk area with AMPLE power outlets.

The Lobby: Easy access to check-in areas with a gift shop as well. Yes, items in the gift shop were greatly overpriced, but that's to be expected. There was also a Starbucks style coffee kiosk in the lobby that also offered breakfast items. This in addition to the restaurant that was located on the second floor.

Other: I am sure the hotel offers a pool, although I did not pack the swim trunks and couldn't tell you if it's good or not. I'm sure it's nice.

Location: The hotel is literally a 3-4 minute walk from the entertainment district that flanks Nationwide Arena. If you are heading to Ohio State, you are roughly 10 minutes via car from campus. Behind the hotel is a huge parking deck that offers self and valet parking options. There's easy access to the interstates as well. If you need a car, there's a Budget Car Rental location that's a 10 minute walk. They also provide a pickup and drop-off service.

SHHH: Don't tell anyone, but if you love a good bowl of Chili, walk out the front door, turn left, and walk a couple of blocks down to the Knead Restaurant. Their chili might be the best I've ever tasted.

Trust me when I tell you there are some bad, antiquated hotels in downtown Columbus. The Hilton-Downtown is the exception. This place screams new and modern. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 22, 2013
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback on your recent stay and glad you enjoyed your stay! We put a lot of thought into the details such as the television station selection which offers residential style DirecTV with over 100 stations including 65 in HD and includes some of the most popular sports packages. In the lounge, we also provide the full package of MLB, NHL, NBA and NFL stations so you can always find your home game! While of course we hope you will try our very own Gallerie Bar & Bistro featuring one of the best dining experiences in town from the locally acclaimed Chef Glover, our location in the Short North provides a wealth of excellent dining options covering every culinary style and budget and encourage everyone to check-out what the area has to offer.
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at the new Hilton in downtown Columbus Ohio. The experience was wonderful! The staff was exceptional. The decor in the rooms are very modern and very clean. I love the new technology and modern decor of the whole hotel and rooms. I would recommend this hotel over all others in this area!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for much for your comments. Glad you enjoyed your stay and hope to welcome you back soon!
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Guest Service Ambassador Cindy Danko-Southey helped me immensely during my stay at the Hilton Columbus Downton. After checking out of the hotel and taking a taxi to the airport, i relealized I had left my backpack in the hotel lobby, which contained my checkbook, iPad, medication and car keys. I was able to call the hotel from the airport and was transferred to Cindy at the front desk. She performed a quick check of the hotel lobbey and located my backpack, intact, exactly where I had left it. Huge relief. I made it back over to the hotel where Cindy had my backpack waiting for me at the front desk, and I still made my flight ontime. Thanks again for saving the day Cindy: If i'm ever back at the Hilton Columbus Downtown, i'll give you an even bigger hug this time!

Overall, the Hilton hotel was a very nice experience. the staff are friendly, the rooms are super clean, up to date, and the beds are very comfortable. The surronding area has many great restaurants and attractions, and many clean friendly bars/clubs for night entertainment. This was my first trip to Columbus and was impressed.

Thank you again Cindy Danko-Southey, Guest Service Abassador for Hitlon Columbus Downtown.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the kind note. Your gracious comments regarding the attentive service you received from Cindy are greatly appreciated. I am most fortunate to work with such a service-oriented professional and have taken the liberty of sharing your comments with Cindy and will include your note in our recognition program. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Been to Hilton Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!