“My new place to stay downtown” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
WiFi & Breakfast for 4!
Ranked #4 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Toledo, OH
“My new place to stay downtown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel. New and very modern. I visit downtown Columbus on business frequently, and this will be my new place to stay. The hotel is connected to the convention center via a covered walkway bridge. Loved the free breakfast included! The suite I stayed in included 1 1/2 baths, with a shower big enough for a party. The pool and hot tub area was smallish, but very nice and clean. Self parking or valet available. The hotel is well within walking distance of many different restaurants. Or, of course, you can always get room service, though it is pricey.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, April 1, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to many future visits!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this property March 22-24. Couldn't have been happier with my choice. I have stayed at several hotels in the area recently and this was hands down the cleanest newest and most convenient of them all...it's also the most expensive but I don't mind paying for luxury. If you just want a bed to sleep in there's always a Red Roof or Best Western somewhere I'm sure but you're not getting the amenities- nice pool and decent gym(although free wifi in the rooms would've been nice) but I managed to work through it by hanging out more in the lobby and common areas. The food in the bar/ restaurant was ok but there are tons of other options within a block or two. The only problem that I could see was the valet parking situation seemed a bit tense when I was there. I personally self-parked to what amounted to about $18 a day vs. the $24 to valet. I choose to self park not because of the savings but because the time it normally takes to get my car during peak check out times. There were people waiting for their cars for 45 mins and the entrance to valet was backed up. Overall I would stay again based on location

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback and glad you generally enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the valet back-up over that weekend. As you probably noted, there was a large group in house and which we had anticipated would use self-parking more than valet, but was not the case so got caught off-guard. Of course, they also moved in mass which did result in some delays. However, we have learned from that experience for future reference for this group. I apologize for the delay.
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I recently stayed at this property but wasn't originally suppose to. Originally I was booked at the Hyatt Hotel across the street but upon check in saw that there was a convention going on that was all high school students...About 2,000 of them according to the front desk. Long story short, I was in Columbus for business and could not stay at this property. So I had my travel coordinator rebook me at this Hilton property. Needless to say I am SO glad she did. It was sweet relief walking through the door and seeing a modern semi busy lobby.
Everyone who works here is extremely nice and willing to go out of their way for you if need be.
So here goes the review.
The good: It's a brand new property so everything feels fresh and clean. I like the design of it and it felt very bright and inviting. The room I had faced the outside world, so I was happy with that. It looked like due to the design of the property, some rooms face the courtyard with no view of the outside. Yes the room was a little small but I didn't mind it. For the amount of time I was out of it working during the day and out at night, I was happy with it. The size of it is about the size of a boutique hotel room but slightly bigger.
The location is perfect being that it is walking distance to the Short North area which is filled with bars, restaurants, coffee shops and a farmers market. There was no lack of figuring out where to go at night. And if you don't want to go out, the hotel has a great bar area with one of the nicest bartenders in Columbus. Just be aware though that if you eat in that area, you'll get a menu for the restaurant that serves really good food but not the typical fare you might expect a bar to have. And believe me, that is not a complaint.
Beds were comfy, internet reliable, decent breakfast buffet and a Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf in the lobby which makes grabbing coffee and a bagel to go easy.
Unfortunately with the good comes some bad. But these bads aren't so bad that it would deter me from returning to the property. In fact I only have two issues. One is breakfast. Even though I ordered from the buffet, I felt the servers weren't very attentive and took forever to get simple things like ketchup or even a refill on coffee. If I'm ordering the buffet, I should at least be given a pot to pour myself so I don't have to keep trying to get someone's attention.
Ok. Now the stake to the heart part. The valet. Even though everyone was super nice they were also slightly disorganized and more than once waited longer for my vehicle than I should have. One incident happened that I won't mention because the hotel took care of it promptly. For my troubles they took the parking fees off my bill which was very nice and redeeming towards their service to customers.
That is it. All in all, I would very much stay here again and probably will when I go back in May if they have rooms available. I couldn't see staying somewhere else in Columbus if you want to enjoy the fruits of being in the city.
Hilton Columbus. I'll be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to share your valuable feedback, both the positive and particularly the constructive. I am glad you generally enjoyed your stay and apologize for your experience at breakfast and valet. This is not the type of attentive service I have come to expect from the team and have shared your note with the departments. As you probably noted, there was a large group in-house that we had anticipated would use self-parking rather than valet. This turned out not to be the case and we brought on more staff but due to the group’s schedule, they moved in mass resulting in some delays. We learned our lesson on this and will be better prepared during their next visit.
Castle Rock CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

I stayed at the Columbus Downtown Hilton last weekend for a conference. It was a wonderful experience. Absolutely EVERYONE on the staff was pleasant, helpful, upbeat. The room was lovely and very well-appointed. The only drawback was a lack of sufficient electric plugs in the main room and had to plug the coffee pot in the bathroom. Maybe there was a plug but I couldn't find it. But that was it -- not a big deal. I would stay there again in a heartbeat. Bravo, Hilton!

Room Tip: I stayed on the 12th floor and had a fabulous view of the city -- very nice.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2013
Thank you for your gracious note and glad you enjoyed your stay. There is a plug on the side of the dresser unit just by where the coffee tray goes; sorry it was tucked away.
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2013

Really like the clean, bright rooms.
Rooms tend to be a little smaller than normal and almost conjested.
This Hotel has used some modern technology relative to door locks, room light dimmers, etc.
A little on the pricey side for this location and quality.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for you feed back and glad you enjoyed your stay.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

It was pricey but worth it. I went there for a conference and it is a great place. Always check for rates with them. They give great discounts when you are attending a conference.
The only thing I have to say is that I wished they had more people helping in the breakfast cafe area. I had to spend over 15 minutes to get my coffee in the morning.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the delay in the breakfast area; certainly, it should be quick and attentive service and apologize if that was not the case during your visit. We will get on it. Thank you.
Poland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Great Hotel downtown right on High St. and connected to the Convention center by a inclosed sky bridge. The rooms are spacious and clean with very nice bathrooms. The staff are great and do there best to help. The parking is behind the hotel and we used the valet service which is front door and only cost a couple more dollars from general parking. The only complaint would be dinner in the restaraunt (not family friendly).

Room Tip: The rooms on the higher floors are nice and quiet with less traffic
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank you for sharing your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. Gallerie Bar & Bistro is certainly geared more towards the foodie, but we tried to incorporate enough variety to meet the needs of all our guests from hamburgers to sandwiches and a children’s menu but I can understand that it may be a bit more extensive than your typical family restaurant. However, are open to your suggestions. Will keep this in mind as we continue to update our menus.

Been to Hilton Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!