“Favorite hotel in Columbus” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Complimentary Breakfast!
Ranked #3 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Favorite hotel in Columbus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I am a hardcore Starwood member and I usually stay at the Westin...however I stayed here with my mother for Christmas and I must admit I was quite impressed. At check-in I was immediately greeted with smiles from all of the staff that I encountered. I loved the lavender blouses and belts worn by the female staff. It makes them look so fashionable and unique. The decor though out the entire hotel is very urban chic and sophisticated. I was pleasantly surprised by the Peter Thomas Roth products and the painting on the ceiling. The whirlpool was gorgeous because it illuminates from the bottom. For breakfast we dined in the restaurant and the lemon pancake with fruit compote was absolutely delicious!! During this stay I opened up a Hilton honors account and and extended our stay. In the future I will consider staying at more Hilton hotels in addition to Starwood hotels.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 17, 2013
How wonderful! We look forward to many return visits! Your feedback particularly regarding the attentive service you enjoyed and breakfast in Gallerie are sincerely appreciated.

479 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
Pickerington, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

This new Hilton proprety is ideally located downtown. The rooms are cofmortable and well appointed and the bed is the most comfortable I have ever experienced in a hotel. Perhaps the best part of the Hotel is the Galeria Bar and Bistro. The food and the service excellent. Be sure to try the Amish Chicken which is the most moist cheicken breast I have ever had. Congrats to Hilton for opening an outstanding property that is very well managed

Room Tip: This was our second stay and both times we chose the one-bedroom suite. Well worth it. The bedroom...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Thank you for the note. While we appreciate all feedback, we certainly do enjoy the compliments all that much more! Gallerie Bar & Bistro was just featured by “Columbus Monthly” in their story on Best New Restaurants in Central Ohio!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013 via mobile

Stayed last night at the Hilton. I have found my go to place in Columbus. Staff were amazingly friendly and had great senses of humor, rooms are outstanding; I had a king suite and cannot say enough about it. Breakfast was great all the way to valet having my car ready as soon as I checked out. Great job on this hotel and great location!! I will be back

• Stayed January 2013
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you! Glad you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back soon.
Lancaster, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

Our family stayed one night at this brand new property just before Christmas. We loved the modern and very classy atmosphere. Each and every associate was very welcoming and helpful. Our teenagers enjoyed the HBO movies (a nice change to not have to pay for the movies!) and next next morning we all enjoyed the workout room and the pool and hot tub. Breakfast service was a bit slow, but I think everyone was eating at the same time! This evening before we really enjoyed happy hour at the beautiful bar - the food was outstanding, very unique and perfectly prepared.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your note and glad you enjoyed your stay. Your kind and gracious compliments of the staff are sincerely appreciated.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Columbus was in need of a new hotel. Although the Hilton is still working out some bugs from being new, it is by far the nicest hotel in town (not that there is much competition). I look forward to when it is 100% open and the amenities on the Hhonors floor is fully operational.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the note. Yes, we are still completing the HHonors Lounge and the coffee shop but getting there! Look forward to your feedback following your return visit.
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

Excellent hotel. Nice facilities. Room was one of the best appointed and best "functionally designed" rooms I've had in a long time. Plenty of electrical outlets.

Staff was courteous and helpful. Made you feel at home.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for the note and glad you enjoyed your stay! Hope to welcome you back soon.
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I was not impressed my first time here, but thank goodness for second impressions. I try not to write Hilton hotel reviews, being that I am a Hilton employee, but I was so impressed on my second stay at the hotel that I had to comment about it. The hotel is very beautiful, chic, and modern. The decor looks like like something out of an interior decorating magazine. I normally don't like staying at full service hotels, any brand, because the staff usually is not that friendly. That is not the case here. Anything I needed they supplied. Staff was very friendly and always greeted you which is very important to me and the gentlemen were well groomed(even the bellmen). Sure it was a little more expensive than the some of the other hotels, but I'd say it was worth it and the fact that it is located with in walking distance of the Arena District and the Short North Area. I'd highly recommend this hotel to anyone. Great job, guys! ONE NOTE THOUGH: if you use a delivery service for food do not use D.P. Dough. The worst service ever, ghetto is the word that comes to mind and the food gave me the runs. Their service of this pizza place does not align to the image and service of the Hilton Columbus Downtown. ANOTHER NOTE: If you don't have a car and don't want to walk North High Street, the #2 runs frequently as is $2 each way.

Room Tip: You may want to ask for a view. My room was facing a brick wall. Not that I'm complaining.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Christian C, General Manager at Hilton Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Thank you for your note and glad you enjoyed your stay. Indeed I am most fortunate to work with such a team of service-oriented professionals. I also appreciate your feedback on the outside pizza delivery. I am sorry you didn’t completely enjoy your first visit but see it was just shortly after we opened. The team has made remarkable strides as we mature and become more familiar with the building which takes some time. I am confused about the heading, however. It appears you were impressed with the hotel and the staff. Any way of correcting that as it is a bit misleading? Thank you and hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Hilton Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!