“It was OK, I might give them another try” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #247 of 1,961 restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: German
Columbus, Ohio
“It was OK, I might give them another try”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

My family went here for dinner last night. It was ok. They haven't invested much of anything in decor (we used to frequent this location when it was a Buffalo Wild Wings), it's definitely casual. It's also very loud. There was an accordian player for a little while which brings a nice fun feel to the place, but he seemed to stop when they changed all TVs over to the Crew game. The beer selection seemed good and fairly extensive. We did not indulge in the liter sized beers, the beer sampler (it looked to be on a spinning wheel of sorts, maybe next time for that one) nor the tower. The kids menu only has Chicken tenders and sausages on it, but that's enough for my picky eaters. We tried the pretzel and the german brat. The pretzel was good, but rather ordinary. The german brats were finely textured and very mild. Almost too mild. I'm not sure I really enjoyed it. It was definitely OK, but nothing I'd rave about nor order again. The saurkraut also isn't very sour. Maybe traditional german saurkraut isn't, but again, it just contributed to the overall blandness of the dinner. The table next to us just got burgers, I thought about getting a burger, but wanted to give the german theme a chance. If we go back, I might just try a burger and see how they do with that.

The food prices were average - kids chicken tenders was $4, burgers were $7 - 9 and the brats seemed to be $5 - 7. We were given a 25 minute wait at 630pm on a saturday night, but we didn't wait more than 15 for the table. Service was fine and the food came out very fast.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

67% Recommend
Westerville, Oh
“My Birthday Pick!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went here for the first time for my birthday and also had a Prestige Dining Club card for a free entree. Since my wife is on a diet and in "salad mode", we probably didn't get our money's worth on the card but I enjoyed my sausage platter and the 2 sides that came with it. The server was attentive, the beer selection more than adequate and since we were there during happy hour, the drink prices were reduced and our breaded mushroom appetizer was 1/2 price. Only thing is the German beer hall environment which is OK but I prefer padded seats for my "old guy" tush! Still, I would go back!

• Visited February 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Dublin, Ohio
“Love the German atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

After traveling to Germany and missing it, this restaurant opened. A chance to drink real Hofbrauhaus original beer from an authentic mug! Still doesn't taste as good as in Germany, but way better than the 6 packs you get from the grocery! We went there first as a couple and sat at the bar. Friendly bartender, great soccer on the many tvs, great food served right there to us. Next time we went back with our kids during dinnertime on a Saturday night. They had an accordian player in his lederhosen playing lots of lovely songs that our girls danced to while waiting for their meals! We enjoyed the food, the beer, the music, the paintings on the wall, our waiter, the names of all the tables, etc. We'll be back - danke!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Covington, Kentucky
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My husband and I stopped in Wurst and Bier one Sat. night to get a drink catch the end of an OSU game after having attended a wedding. I didn't have high expectations as the location isn't all that great - it's located in a big strip mall area w/ lots of other restaurants and hotels. In fact, we chose this place because it was right next to our hotel. However, I was surprised at how popular/crowded it was and at their very extensive beer selection. I even got a glass of Pinot Noir and very much enjoyed it. We didn't have any food as it was kind of late, but it looked like that had a good selection of traditional German fare. I'd have no reservations about going back to this place for drinks and/or a meal.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Marshfield WI
“Mediocre”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

Pretzel appetizer was good, but pricey. The mustard selection was good also. The curry bratwurst had a very bland wurst, tasted like a bland hotdog with barbecue sauce. The schnitzel sandwich was also rather bland. The German potato salad was interesting with large pickle pieces. The mashed potatoes had a nice flavor, but too fine of a texture, like instant potatoes with some mild spice. Overall, tolerable but not worth a return visit nor a recommendation to friends. The live music from an accordionist was a nice addition.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food

Been to Wurst und Bier? Share your experiences!

If you own or manage Wurst und Bier, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.