“Great alternative to staying in a cramped hotel room!” 5 of 5 stars

Bridgestreet Brewer's Yard
100 Frankfort Sq, Columbus, OH 43206   |
Ranked #16 of 20 Columbus B&B and Inns
USA
“Great alternative to staying in a cramped hotel room!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2006

I rented a 2 bedroom apartment in Brewer's Yard for 3 out-of-town guests to use during their visit for a convention at Nationwide Arena. Though I didn't stay overnight in the unit with them, I spent a fair amount of time there with my guests when the convention was not in session. The following comments are my perspective on the overall property and the unit itself, rather than what it was like to stay there as a guest.

When I made this reservation, BridgeStreet was quick to inform me that the dates could not be guaranteed more than 30 days in advance. The priority for renting their units goes first to extended-stay guests (corporate lodging, temporary relocation lodging, etc). As such, BridgeStreet requires all long-term contracts to be renewed or cancelled with 30 day's notice, at which point they are free to entertain reservations for shorter stays based on availability. I accepted this risk, made a back-up hotel reservation for my guests, and noted on my calendar to call BridgeStreet for confirmation of the reservation once we had reached our 30-day window. Luckily enough, when I called back there was one unit available at Brewer's Yard for the dates I needed! I confirmed and paid for the reservation, and quickly proceeded to cancel the back-up hotel reservation. The savings were tremendous - the hotel stay would have cost nearly 4 times as much as what I ended up paying for the BridgeStreet unit!

My understanding of the Brewer's Yard complex is that BridgeStreet owns just a few units for rental purposes, and the remainder were all leased as primary residences. My guests reported that the majority of the people they encountered during their stay were younger, and looked closer to my age (late 20's). They also said that the property was extremely quiet during the morning and afternoon hours, somewhat louder during the evening, and markedly busy during the weekend. I asked if the noise level was ever a problem, and they all said no, it wasn't. This surprised me, given that the unit I rented was on the ground floor and faced the courtyard where the pool, poolhouse, and sundeck were located. My guests said that when their windows and back patio door were closed, they didn't hear any outside noise at all.

The unit I rented at Brewer's Yard was fully furnished and in immaculate condition. The floorplan was perfect - the kitchen and common living spaces separated the 2 bedrooms from one another, and common areas were completely open to create a very spacious feel.

The kitchen contained (new) full-size appliance, the basic set of small-electrics (toaster, blender, etc), a complete set of dishes and utensils, and a basic array of cooking utensils, pots and pans. The laundry room was just off the kitchen and housed a full-size washer and dryer. The kitchen opened directly to the dining and television/sitting areas.

The first bedroom had a king bed, sitting area, dresser, nightstand, television, alarm clock/radio, and a private bath. The second bedroom had 2 twin/full beds, nightstands, a large dresser, television, alarm clock/radios, and a private bath. Both were fully stocked with linens, pillows, towels, and basic toiletries. On a side note, my guests had no complaints with water pressure or lack of hot water.

Brewer's Yard is located in a very popular, busy area of downtown Columbus. While very convenient, I was concerned about my guests' safety and security and asked BridgeStreet about these issues. As it turned out, these issues were taken into consideration when the complex was designed and built. The parking garage is gated and requires a remote/key card to gain entry. (BridgeStreet provides their clients with access to the garage and parking space.) Another keycard access point secures the entryways from the garage to the main complex. The unit I reserved was accessed via an interior hallway, affording yet another level of security. To ensure the integrity of the security system, BridgeStreet has a stringent policy regarding keys, remotes, and keycards provided to their guests. A HEFTY fee is assessed for any access devices that are lost or not returned upon checkout from a rental unit!

My guests thoroughly enjoyed their stay at this property, and have already put in a reservation request to stay there again for their convention in 2006!

• Stayed April 2005

1 person has reviewed this hotel

Been to Bridgestreet Brewer's Yard? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Bridgestreet Brewer's Yard

Address: 100 Frankfort Sq, Columbus, OH 43206
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Swimming Pool
Ranked #16 of 20 B&Bs / Inns in Columbus
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Bridgestreet Brewer's Yard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Bridgestreet Brewer's Yard Columbus, Ohio

If you own or manage Bridgestreet Brewer's Yard, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.