“Did its job” 1 of 5 stars

750 Morse Rd, Columbus, OH 43229   |
Ranked #114 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Did its job”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a music festival nearby.

The Bad:
First thing I noticed was the mounted lights were "plugged" into AC with bare wire. Not a good sign.. The air conditioner didn't work well. Set it at 60, slept all night with no blankets. We had no shower curtain, and toilet had trouble flushing. We had two TVs, but only one worked. Railroad ran directly behind the motel causing a little trouble sleeping at night.

The Good:
No bed bugs (in our room at least)
Indoor plumbing
Cheap

Overall, the motel did it's job.. Gave us a place to crash at night for cheap. Not very clean and the guy in the lobby wasn't the most friendly guy I've ever met.

Would I stay here again? ONLY in a pinch. Next time around, I'll opt for paying a lite more a night. I don't know how this place stays open. Other than the price and location, not much to write home about.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2012 via mobile

Amazing loved this place.People was very freindly and so helpful.Loved this Motel.Motel 6 is my favorite motel to stay at when I'm traveling or just trying to have fun with my family.Must stay at this Motel.

• Stayed February 2012
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

That rating should be considered a negative one. First of all, the motel really is not close to OSU. The neighborhood is not pleasant at all. Please understand that I am not terribly picky as long as the room is clean and I feel safe. Well neither of those was true. The bed spreads were disgusting and the floor was dirty. There were other issues as well. The AC unit was set at 60 degrees and barely worked which was a major issue because it was in the 90's during the week. The toilet did not work very well either as it took multiple flushes to work. I barely slept as I was concerned about my car in the parking lot and wondering if there were bed bugs (I do not think there were any thankfully.) Needless to say I was very disappointed in this motel. I had hoped with the new renovations it would be a good, affordable place. Spend the extra money to stay somewhere safer and cleaner.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kentucky
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2012

Nice enough hotel that is inexpensive and refurbished. BUT, it sets within 50 feet of a set of railroad tracks and the windows rattled most of the night from the train traffic. Won't make that mistake again.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

I stayed in this property about year and half ago. When I entered in the room...I was surprise with the wood flooring, new bed, drapes and room was very clean. It was great room for the money.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2011

Having stayed at the Americas Best Value Inn next door last time I was in this area, I decided to try Motel 6 this trip. Not expecting much since this is a questionable after dark, I was extremely surprised to find brand new rooms! From new "imitation" wood floors, to new beds, drapes, furniture, I was stunned not knowing that this will become Motel 6's new look. The only thing I found wrong with the room was the bathroom door didn't close (too large for the door-frame). Oh-yea, the TV remote didn't work either, but it was gross....didn't really want to touch it anyway!

As for the exterior of the motel, I hope they have some plans for that as well. You can't have new rooms with a marginally maintained exterior. Paint is needed, especially on the stairs. During my stay, the rear parking lot had a dumpster filled with old mattresses and a shipping container both of which work crews utilize during the day as they refurbish the rooms. Both were an eyesore, but I'm sure it’s only until the construction is finished.

Next door to the Motel 6 is an out-of-business restaurant, homeless people seem to live or hang out behind it. Although it didn't bother me since you can't see that property from the Motel 6 due to bushes/trees, I did happen to catch some unclean individuals cutting through the motel's parking lot. However, they kept to themselves and went on their way.

All in all, I would stay here again. I'd recommend it to anyone on a budget. For those who have not been to this area in Columbus in a while, this is the former Red Roof Inn motel.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2008

I arrived around 3am and they did not have my reservation! That was fine because the desk clerk that I spoke with through the bulletproof glass told me that he could get me in. I get to the room and there is no Security latch on the door! It appeared to be ripped off by someone. The clerk gets bulletproof glass and I cannot get a security latch for the door.

To make matters worse, the room was not very clean and I called the desk and the guy says I will have somebody look at that over the next few days.

I woke up a few hours later to come to find that they or place next door have people living there. Not safe, Not clean, Not worth your money.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everyhing
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Motel 6 Columbus OSU? Share your experiences!