“Great Hotel, Excellent Location” 4 of 5 stars

Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #24 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Great Hotel, Excellent Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

Would recommend. Stayed here with the family to visit the newly opened American Girl Store. Haven’t been to Easton Place before didn’t know what to expect. This hotel was great! Location is perfect, all the shops and restaurants in Easton are walking distance. There is a Trader Joes store just a few steps away so you can get things to fill your mini fridge. The lobby is beautiful and staff was friendly and accommodating (always greeted us coming and going in the lobby). The room was clean and comfortable and large enough for my daughters to play with their newly acquired dolls. And the TV had the Disney Channel (and a wide array of channels) for the girls! The only drawback is that breakfast is not included, the bistro in the lobby is nice to purchase breakfast, would be nice to have continental breakfast included like competing hotels in the area. Finding a walking distance location for breakfast was a challenge. I would recommend this hotel if you are looking for a clean, nice comfortable room with friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Cleveland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

My wife and I took a weekend trip to Columbus and decided to try the Courtyard Marriott at Easton Mall. This is a very nice mid rise version of the Courtyard brand.
Especially liked the fire pit in the courtyard; where we had a couple drinks after a long day. Although this hotel is not located right in the center of Easton Mall, it is close enough to the action that we were able to easily walk everywhere we wanted to go. Finally, at check-in I asked to be upgraded to a room with two queen beds and was obliged.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed there for a mini get away (we've from Columbus). The location is wonderful. We could walk to whereever we wanted to go at Easton. We were able to get some drinks and snacks at Trader Joe's which is one of my favorite stores anyways :) The style of the Courtyard's lobby is contemporary. The pool was nice, albeit small. We didn't get in the hot tub. The two big cons were the shower and the bed. Even after adjusting the shower head as much as we could, the shower felt like an assault! It was terrible. I felt like I was just in a brawl! UGH. The bed was a memory foam type and gave me no support, so my back was achy and i woke up several times during the night. My husband felt the same as me about the shower and the bed. This was our 2nd time staying there. The first time was in March and I dont remember the bed being like this. The shower head was harsh though. I kind of remember that. I think next time we'll try the Hilton.

Room Tip: Ask for a view facing Easton; at night it looks pretty!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

This Marriott brand was not my first choice as I am unfamiliar with the area. I was looking to book a new or newer hotel. I booked at Courtyard New Albany but had to cancel because New Albany was a more remote area which is far from dining, shops, etc. Drove to Easton not knowing what to expect. Upon arrival at Courtyard Easton I went to their front desk and asked if there is availability. Dina at the frnt desk was very helpful. i told her that my booking was at their New Albany location but would like to cancel and stay at Easton instead. She went out of her way to help me, made all the phonecalls to CourtyardNew Albany to cancel my booking and ensured that i do not get charged any penalty fees, she also called Marriott rewards, to make this transaction as seamless as she possibly could! Dina also gave me a brochure of the mall - note that hotel is in an outdoor mall. Dina along with another lady that afternoon were both very pleasant, helpful, warm hospitality and courteous.

We explored the mall and had dinner. We then went to our room and we all exclaimed happily, "Wow!" We were pleasantly surprised with the size of the room, very spacious!, its cleanliness, eveything about this hotel was excellent! I love the new concept of Marriott as I keep raving about their pullout desk which then makes 2 desks, they are like nesting tables, only bigger, work desks.

The fire alarm went off that night at about 11 pm, thankful that there was no real threat or emergency. The staff was swift to ensure guests are led out into safety and they were also quick to send out within an hour delivered to rooms letters of apology for the inconvenience. The incident defintely did not make any negative impact on future stays.

Your hotel is my top destination in Columbus OH due to the courtesy, professional, and personal attention of your staff, cleanliness of the room and hotel, and the size of your room is just incomparable!! Wished all hotels have your room size!

Please maintain the fresh clean smell and cleanliness of your hotel. Huge commendation to Dina. Keep training your staff so that a professional and personal attention is maintained.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

Great location near highway and retail Mecca near Columbus. Property is well staffed. Feels like full service style. Comfy rooms. Quiet and dark. Huge TV selections for flat screen. No flaws. Bistro in lobby and full Starbucks in adjacent plaza.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Jackson, Wyoming
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

We stayed here after going to a concert. Checked in late. The room was very nice, the lobby clean, the beds were incredible. Wish we would've been able to stay longer. Walkable to all of the shopping. Parking was free. Nice coffee area.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room away from the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Buford, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

This hotel is close to shopping, restaurants and has good parking. The outside is probably the most Beautiful Courtyard that I've seen (it's nicer than most Marriott properties).

The lobby is the typical modern Courtyard lobby, very nicely done.

The rooms.... well this is where they lose one star with me. The rooms were nice sized, but the AC/Heat unit is so loud you can hear it in the bathroom with the door shut. It's the older style of AC unit (wall mounted, knobs on the unit) and it's hard to get the temperature regulated. I much prefer to be able to set a temperature and not hear the unit.

There is just nothing special about the rooms, which is a great disappointment after seeing how nice the hotel is from the outside.

No Upgrade, in fact the hotel couldn't even meet my request for a room on the top floor, and as a Platinum Marriott Rewards member, I kind of expect that they would look at my room preferences and offer an upgrade (or explain why they couldn't).

Breakfast was good, but took a bit longer than it should have to get.

The staff was friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business