“Mangers at the Museum” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 59 Attractions in Columbus
Type: Specialty Museums, Museums
More attraction details
Owner description: A preservation of Catholic Church art and traditions salvaged from individuals and churches and schools that have closed. as well as a large collection of Bibles from 1558 and on, oil paintings, four working pipe organs, statuary, historic vestments from the Holy Land and many other treasures of the Catholic mind and memory.
Caldwell
“Mangers at the Museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2013

It is definitely worth a visit at Christmas time to see all the Nativity scenes. The collection of Fontanini pieces tells the life of Christ from the journey to Bethlehem to the Resurrection. Father Lutz has a huge volume of knowledge to share. I could easily spend a full day looking at artifacts, asking questions, and learning about the history of all the pieces.

Visited December 2013

Iowa City, Iowa
“Artistic, real and meaningful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2013

The museum contains work of Christian Catholic artists from the 16th and 17th centuries; in addition to artifacts from our modern time. Some of the pieces were obtained from Europe.

Thanks to the hospitality and kindness of the people responsible for the museum, we were able to understand the story behind this art. As a muslim foreigner, I did not have enough background to understand it all by myself. I asked a lot of questions and got all the answers I needed.

Whether, you are a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim or etc ... This place is worth a visit; since it represents part of our collective and common history as human beings.

Bay Village, Ohio
9 attraction reviews
“Exceed my expectations... and then some!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

My husband and I toured the museum recently on a weekend trip to Columbus. I was impressed that our tour was given by Fr. Lutz himself, who collected most of the articles in the museum himself! I was expecting a 45-minute tour with a couple rooms, but WOW... Fr. Lutz took us through room after room, giving us plenty of time to take in each one. And the impromptu organ concert topped off the entire experience!

The museum is well-organized and I enjoyed checking out the Nun Room, the Old Bible Room, and the recreation of St. Joseph's parish. This was by far the highlight of our weekend, make sure you don't miss this attraction! It will far exceed your expectations. A free will offering of $7 is requested at the end of the tour, but not required. This attraction is a bargain.

Visited November 2013
“Great family activity!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013 via mobile

We took our 5 children (ages 3 to 10), and we all enjoyed this and learned a ton! Fr. Lutz was an excellent (and patient) tour guide who provided the children with lots of hands-on learning activities. They loved the old organ, playing the small organ, looking at over 100 dolls dressed as sisters from many, many religious orders, and winning $1 for answering a challenge question! Hope to visit again soon!

Visited October 2013
Columbus, Ohio
“Incredible!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

My fiancé and I toured the museum today! It was beautiful and fascinating!! It is truly a tribute to the foundation of the Church. Father Lutz was a wonderful tour guide who completed the visit with a song on the organ!

Visited October 2013