“Bad night in obetz” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites

You added Quality Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4850 Frusta Drive, Columbus, OH 43207 (Formerly Sleep Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #79 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Kent, Ohio, United States
“Bad night in obetz”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

The beds were so uncomfortable that I woke up with a backache. There was a bug on the bathroom floor. You could hear through the walls of the beds making noise. The pillows were very small and uncomfortable. The towels were very thin. The toilet had a stain in it which made it look dirty. I went to the kitchen and there was a huge spider crawling on the floor. I was told they had someone in recently to kill the bugs, but guess that didn't work .I hooked up to the internet and there was no signal so I couldn't hook up to the wireless. The manager told me to give them a try again, but I don't think so!! So judge this place on your own, I won't be back.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 18, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience at the property. On behalf of the staff I want to apologize for the standard of service you received. More and more people use TripAdvisor to select their hotels and we appreciate the time it takes to review the property and try to use each review to improve our service for our guests. We are currently in the process of upgrading our bedding in the rooms and apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I would like to apologize for your experience and to let you know that the property is going through a management change. The proper procedures have been addressed with the housekeeping staff and the breakfast staff. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay and I encourage you to contact us again next time you are coming to the area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Bakersville, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We were passing by on our way to Michigan. We stayed for 2 days so we could visit with a family friend who is going through a hard time. We don't know much about Columbus so we did not want to venture too far into it. This hotel was easy to find, but the location is so spread out and kind of junky. We had trouble getting around and finding anything to eat but fast food.

Hotel was pretty nice. I'd never done the Quality Inn, but my husband has on business. I believe it is in with Comfort Inn and those others. Since it was low-priced for Columbus, we had low expectations, but it was pretty average: room cleaning was done very well, even replenished us with more than we needed, fairly quiet, breakfast was surprisingly good. The only concern I had was there were some... undesirable people hanging around. There always seemed to be two or three women lounging around who mostly kept in pajamas and always looked tired and bored. Working nights maybe? Strange.

Nice place overall and many amenities for the price.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Our staff really appreciated your time in letting us know your thoughts on our hotel! We read Trip Advisor daily as it truly lets us know where we can improve. We are a little out of the way and we often get some extended stay business. I am happy our staff exceeded your expectations and I hope we can do even better the next time! We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Thank you!
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Stayed here after a long day on the road with my three year old son. The staff was very efficient and friendly and got us in our room quickly. The room was spacious and clean, just a bit on the older side. Bathroom was clean and adequate. Very convenient to the highway - we did not try the breakfast as I had a sick child, so I can not comment on that. Checkout was very quick and that was appreciated. I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family.

Room Tip: The parking lot along the hotel can get kind of dark at night, request a room closer to the front en...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us! More and more people are using TripAdvisor in their lodging decisions and we appreciate the chance to learn from your experience. I will share your kind words with our staff and we hope you will come visit us again soon!
Hickory, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

We booked a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds and a sofa bed/suite. The suite was not separated from the beds at all - simply one long skinny room. The non-smoking room was previously a smoking room. It had burn marks on the furniture/desk top, the sink and a burn hole in the bedspread. The entire second floor smelled very smokey. Many of the rooms had the non-smoking sign on the door, but most of them did not. Our room did not have a non-smoking sign on the door, but there was a cardstock sign next to TV. It seems like the room may be designated non-smoking or smoking as needed. I guess the point is, if you don't mind a smokey room, then this place would be ok.

It was not obvious from the listing that the hotel would have a smoke problem.

The beds were small for "queens". They were equipped with a top sheet and a thin cotton bedspread. No blanket. No option to remove the bedspread (hopefully they were washed between customers - they are thin enough to wash.) We had to call down to the front desk for pillows & supplies to set up the sofa bed. The pillow was delivered w/o a pillow case.

The bathroom tub was clean and had no mold in the grout. There were hairs on the floor and the tile was dirty especially in the corners. Overall, it was an unappealing place to stay. Would not recommend it.

Room Tip: Non-smokers should be advised that this is a smoking facility and non-smoking rooms have been smokin...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Our staff really appreciated your time in letting us know your thoughts on our hotel! We read Trip Advisor daily as it truly lets us know where we can improve. I apologize for your experience during your stay. We are working to convert the property as quickly as possible and we appreciate your feedback so we can concentrate on the areas that our guests find most important. Thank you for choosing the Quality Inn and we hope that we can serve you again and exceed your expectations the next time you stay with us.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

There aren't enough great things to say about this place! From the value (great breakfast bar) to the amazing front desk staff finding my daughters lost cell phone. With my family of 3 teenagers, the patience it takes for personal care means a lot to this daycationing family. Thanks to all. The pool was great, too. See you next time! :)

• Stayed July 2013
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 14, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words! More and more people are making their lodging choices based upon TripAdvisor reviews. I will pass along your feedback to the staff and we look forward to your next visit!
Garner, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

I stay at this Quality Inn every 6-8 weeks while visiting relatives in the area. The facility had suffered greatly when it was a Sleep Inn, but the new owners and managers have significantly upgraded the facility and the rooms. The improvements will be much appreciated by people who've stayed there in the past. The front desk, breakfast, and cleaning folks are all friendly and competent. And, the price is good for a southeast Columbus area hotel. It's normally a very quiet location and easy to get to (major road construction at the nearby intersection should be completed in the next few weeks). I travel a lot, and I don't often review a hotel, but I do recommend this vastly improved location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words about the property. I will share your experience with the staff. We greatly appreciate the feedback we receive on Trip Advisor. More and more today people are making their lodging choices based on reviews on Trip Advisor. I hope we continue to exceed your expectations and look forward to your next visit!
East Coast
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Visited a week ago with my wife. There was heavy construction all around the area, potholes and roadblocks and orange cones galore. Despite having been nearly booked to capacity, as we were told, the place seemed to be fairly deserted. That's probably the only reason why it seemed to be quiet, because there was a crack all around the door to our room that let in light from all four sides. The lobby was spacious and seemed to be pretty clean. It smelled strongly of bleach, but I assumed it meant the place would be sanitary. The staff was friendly.

We'd been out all day in the heat so we went up to our room after checking in to rest for a while before heading back out for the evening. That's when things got really nasty. The tub was so slippery we both nearly fell when taking our showers, and there was black mold on the shower curtain. But the worst part was the bed. It was lumpy and thin and very uncomfortable. And there was dried blood - not blood stains, but actual dried blood - on the blankets. There were even pieces of flesh clinging to the blood. It was disgusting. My wife said it looked like scabs. We went down to complain and they just said, "Okay!" like it was the most common thing in the world. There was blood all over the blanket, and what seemed to be makeup as well. I stepped in something that was like a brown powder on the floor in my white socks, and I believe that was also makeup. We asked that they change the bed because of the gore, but they only changed the blanket, not the sheets. We determined that because the sheets had shifted during our nap and were not straightened when we returned, and one of my wife's hairs (I hope it was hers) was on the pillow she'd used. If there is blood smeared all over a bed, why would you not fully change the linens?! Disgusting!

The ice machine looked to be jammed, crammed full of ice and dripping water. Didn't visit the pool. There was a 24-hour workout room, but the lights were off and it was empty so I don't know if it was available for use or not. We got the hell out of there as soon as we woke up in the morning.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
mluhrman, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your comment on TripAdvisor, more and more people today are determining their hospitality selections from TripAdvisor. We appreciate you taking the time to let us know about the conditions you experienced during your stay. I would like to apologize for your experience and to let you know that the property has since undergone a management change. The proper procedures have been addressed with the housekeeping staff and the front desk staff. I would welcome the opportunity to speak with you further about your stay and I encourage you to contact us again next time you are coming to the area.

Been to Quality Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!