“I really *LIKE* this place!” 4 of 5 stars

Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #10 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Columbus, Oh
“I really *LIKE* this place!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I spent the night at the Drury 4/24/2015. Was down for an excellent concert at the Palace Theatre. John Prine with Leo Kottke as an opening act. I went for Leo. Ended up staying and loving John. Anyway…….

Drury is an easy 4 block walk from the Palace. There’s also a free “CBUS Circulator” bus every 15 minutes that goes all around the downtown (and further) area. Great place to stay for a downtown event. It is a *secure* hotel! You need your room key to get into the parking garage, to talk the elevator into taking you to your floor, get into the hotel after x:o’clock at night, let alone get into your room! It’s also a very beautiful place! I like to talk to the staff where I’m staying and found them all great! Fun, knowledgeable, and real helpful

I’m old and grumpy so I always ask for a top floor on the quiet side. They gave me top floor room 830. An absolutely beautiful multi-room suite with a wonderful outside view. But I was leery of the bedroom wall adjoining the laundromat wall. So I moved to room 830. Much smaller with a “view” of the inside of the courtyard, but very comfortable. Great bed!

Nice indoor/outdoor pool. Nice whirlpool.

Only thing I don’t recommend is the free meals. At all. Right across the street is an absolutely wonderful seafood restaurant, 89. Go there! Free breakfast was marginal at best too.

I love the place and highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Room 830 is huge, but next to the laundry. If that's quiet it would be a great room!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Loganville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My family, along with some friends of ours, came to Columbus for the Ohio Tournament of Champions. We all stayed at the Drury, mostly because one of the other parents of one of our wrestlers had stayed here previously. We were pleasantly surprised at how convenient it is to the Convention Center. You do not have to drive nor do you have to get out in the weather if it is bad. The free food and beverages offered were a big hit and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Our boys enjoyed the pool which seemed well-maintained. My husband and I liked the fact that the staff stuck by the 10 p.m. closing time, not allowing any unwelcome late night partying to take place. The workout room was very clean. The security is good at the hotel, implementing the use of an electronic key that allows only guests to access the hotel from the Convention Center entrance and doesn't allow you to take the elevator unless you have that key. Our only complaint is that the bathroom doesn't have any ventilation, but since the sink area was outside of the shower area, it wasn't too bad. Overall, we were very satisfied and plan to stay here again next time.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Point Edward, ON
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

First time Columbus visitors, we booked at the Drury Inn and Suites while attending a Maple Leafs/Blue Jacket's hockey game. We were surprised to discover the number of Leafs fans staying here (complete with team jerseys!). We were very satisfied with our choice of hotel....clean, friendly, comfortable, and only a five minute walk from the arena (two short blocks). The area around the hotel was clean and safe, and we had no qualms about walking there. We appreciated the safety of the card-only access to the hotel, and the controlled, easy access covered parking (with elevators). The hotel serves a great self-serve breakfast: scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, make your own waffles, etc. It also, surprisingly, serves a light buffet in the early evening: hot dogs, pasta, meatballs, salads, etc. There are a number of interesting looking restaurants/pubs in the area around the arena, but we took advantage of this free offering from the hotel and found it served our needs well before we headed to the game. There is also a 24 hour "pantry" where you can purchase other food selections (candy, soup, chips, ice cream, etc).
I would recommend this hotel, and will book at Drury again the next time we come to a game here. Other than that the Leafs lost, our trip to Columbus was great!

Room Tip: We had a room on the inner court - very quiet.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Dover, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

By far this place cannot be beat when you have to be at the convention center.
We have stayed here for 2 comic Cons and Ohiya con. I love it. Its so easy to find this hotel from the road. The gated parking garage is really nice and you can't move around the hotel without a key card. That can get a little annoying.
They have a very nice breakfast bar. They will shoo you away if you try to get food before they the bar set up. So don't bother going down early.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was my first time staying in a Drury Hotel. Even though I am familiar with downtown Columbus, I found it difficult to navigate to the entrance of the hotel coming off of I-670 West.
I found the staff very friendly and the rooms/bed very comfortable. Their Kickstart hot refreshments in the evening and buffet breakfast in the a.m. were all good. They even continue to put out fresh hot food at the end of the serving time.
My only suggestion/recommendation is that their parking garage have better signage or that the registration staff make it clear that their parking is on the opposite side of the hotel from the Convention Center. From the front of the hotel, it is easier to see the adjoining Convention Center's parking garage than it is the attached Drury Inn parking garage. So when I went to park, I ended up in the wrong garage, which wasted some time getting out of, etc.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There were so many wonderful amenities at this hotel including a clean pool, a full service complimentary breakfast, a full service complimentary dinner, and all the popcorn and coffee we desired. The staff were very helpful and accommodated our every need including forgotten toothbrushes and razor blades. We look forward to visiting again!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Marietta, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for a night so we could go to the Blue Jackets game. Everything was wonderful. The room was VERY clean and roomy. I loved the amenity dispenser in the shower....shampoo, conditioner and body wash at your fingertips! The breakfast was good, and thanks for the Kick out evening meal and drinks! What a nice surprise. We had a great time, and the hotel is great with security. Easy walking distance to all kinds of bars, events, restaurants. Staff was very friendly and professional. Will definitely stay again!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center? Share your experiences!