“Comfortable, clean hotel near the downtown area of Columbus.” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 E. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215   |
Ranked #12 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Dayton OH
“Comfortable, clean hotel near the downtown area of Columbus.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

A friend and I spent a night recently at the Drury Inn. I had never stayed there and wasn't sure what to expect. We both were pleased with the room, beds, hotel accommodations, free breakfast and food/drinks in the evening. The staff was especially friendly and helpful. Our only problem was figuring out the elevator to our room and the garage as it required swiping your room key. We hit the button for the room on the elevator and then tried to swipe, but it's in reverse. Signage could be improved. Hope to return soon.

Room Tip: There really isn't a view, so I have no suggestions. We were near the freeways, but there was n...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

244 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Indianapolis, IN
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

I have to admit that I usually stay at a Marriott or Hilton property but this is a great hotel if you need to be in downtown Columbus and especially at the convention center. Free breakfast and food/drinks in the evening. Big two room suite and great service.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

Much better location and deal than the Hyatt Convention facility. Good rooms fantastic, staff great parking, but a poor walkway connection to the convention center. Spent 3 nights enjoying a afternoon drink with the manager, a solid breakfast and responsive staff to any request. Well worth the money for a convention location.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

My boyfriend and I wanted to take a fun, romantic trip for my birthday, and I decided on Columbus. After my stay at Drury Inn, I'll never stay anywhere else if this is an option. We stayed in a 2-room king suite; everything was clean and comfortable. I was amazed by the 5:30 kickback: free buffet-style food AND three alcoholic beverages per person/per night?? Awesome. And, obviously, the buffet-style breakfast in the morning was also great.

When we checked in and while we were eating in the lobby, we noticed a lot of kids in groups (probably because there was something going on at the convention center right next door), however, we did not hear any loud noise or disruptions our entire stay. I also liked the added feature of needing your key to get into the parking garage or up on the elevator. It made me feel safe, even though we were right in Downtown Columbus.

We did have to pay the additional $12 for the parking garage, but I think it was worth it to not have to drive around busy city streets to find somewhere to park for free.

Overall, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone staying in the downtown Columbus area. Great job, Drury Inn!

Room Tip: If you have a AAA card, make sure to use it for a discount!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Cordova, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

The rooms have been redone and it would help with more chairs to sit in the room, but enjoyed breakfast and atmosphere of employee. There to help with you enjoying your stay and will continue to make my visit to this hotel when I am back in the area.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2014

I am so pleased I found this hotel. Great room rate. Free food and drinks in the evening. Free breakfast in the morning. Friendly staff. Clean rooms. This was the perfect one-night get-away with the family. We will definitely be back.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Windsor
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

stayed for a blue Jackets games, nice area and Columbus is a nice city to visit. breakfast and Dinner snacks and drinks were great. Our room was a little dark but the beds are comfy but I'm thinking is due for an update soon. Our suite was noisy with a humming sound but I'm thinking it was isolated to our room. over all a nice hotel

Parking is extra..

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center? Share your experiences!