“Great place :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 139 hotels in Columbus
Mumbai
“Great place :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed for two days in September this year. It was a wonderful experience. Be it the rooms that are huge with two double beds - I was alone though, or the view from the room or the happy hours in the evening between 5.30 to 7.30 where you don't pay for even one drink and get three :)))

Great place and great value for money.

Room Tip: I think all rooms are equally good.

218 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Cleveland, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013 via mobile

The large lobby gives a great first impression. Happy and helpful staff both days. Secure parking garage. Large suites. Clean everywhere. Nice pool and hot tub. Great view of downtown from our room. Rooms are quiet and very modern. Happy hr and breakfast both free and outstanding. We will look to stay at a drury anytime we travel for sure.

• Stayed October 2013
Los Angeles
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My wife and I were in Columbus for business and family matters, and decided to stay at the Drury, based on my experiences at the Drury in Flagstaff. The room was spacious, clean and well-located. It was within walking distance to downtown and the Convention center. The breakfast was very good, the bed good, and the room was quiet. Even the martini in a plastic cup was good! The only thing to watch out for is the hidden charge of $12.00 per night parking fee if you have a car. Otherwise, an excellent stay and great experience.

Room Tip: try the seventh floor- away from the elevator bank. Very quiet.
Cincinnati, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

This hotel has a happy hour with free drinks and buffet and a free breakfast. But the quality of food is low, it's very salty and has no healthy options. The room I stayed in had a door that connected it to the room next door and we could hear everything the people next door were saying, we could even hear them brushing their teeth! They should charge less for connecting rooms because I have stayed here before and didn't have that problem. Other small details are there was no lotion which I pretty much depend on nicer (over $150 per night) hotels to provide, and the hair dryer was small and low power. They also should have recycling containers in the rooms.

Room Tip: Make sure that you don't stay in a room that connects to next door room unless you want that.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review. I definitely appreciate all of the feedback I can get. Whether it is positive or negative, we can't make changes without knowing what's wrong.

I apologize for the concerns you had during your recent stay. Our goal is to make sure that every guest is completely satisfied. In the future, should you be in a room that is not acceptable, please don't hesitate to contact the front desk. We will do everything we can to fix the situation or move you to a different room.

Our food selections are constantly evolving. Please submit any requests/ideas you may have. Typically our menu changes are designed to conform to what our guests are looking for. While we currently have baked potatoes, Salad, Celery and Carrots, as well as many soups on the healthy side, we do have menu changes coming in the near future to enhance them. Finally, we always have lotion available at the front desk. Just let us know and we will be happy to bring some to your room.

Thank you for your business and please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of any more assistance to you.

Hospitably,
Scott Bosak
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

As in most of my reviews I adore this place. The 3 free drinks a day with the snack bar is just an added touch. I was there for the Mine Rescue Team National Championships. (September the 8th thru Sept. 13) My Husband is on the Cumberland Mine team JC. The Drury's rooms are clean, nicely furnished and the beds are wonderful! I wouldn't want to stay anywhere else in Columbus.

Altamonte Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

My cousin and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend, as we had tickets to the Ohio State-Buffalo game. Easy, 10-15 minute ride via I-670 from Port Columbus Airport. Located in the midst of a "happening" area - Convention Center, Short North, a lot going on. While I didn't perceive a personal safety problem, particularly on busy High Street, I did see the occasional "sketchy" character milling about, and I guess that's the reason why the hotel is so secure, with guest key card access necessary to get the elevator to stop on certain floors, enter and leave the parking garage, etc.

The room was clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was well-stocked and tasty. We had plans every evening, so we didn't avail ourselves of the Manager's Reception, but one evening I saw it being set up, and it looked quite nice.

Between guests attending the OSU game and various baseball/softball tournaments, the dining area and lobby got busy, but we were still able to move around and eat. The two elevators, however, got very overtaxed!

Drury prides themselves on having helpful, pleasant employees, and they were certainly found at this hotel.

Friday afternoon, my cousin and I walked over to the Greek Orthodox Cathedral, where the Annual Greek Festival was just getting underway. It was not yet crowded (which it gets at night), so Cuz and I had a tasty and relaxing bite of lunch.

We left our rental car in the garage parking lot Saturday, and decided to take the public bus to and from the campus. It's a short walk to High Street and the bus stop, and for only $2.00 each way, it was well worth it (particularly after the game, when High Street is CRAWLING with cars and people). Be advised that the hotel garage is not very large, and when full, gets very tight.

We had a great stay in Columbus (GO BUCKEYES!), and would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks while on a business related trip. The best part about the hotel is it's location. It is walking distance to some great areas in Columbus. We walked to Short North where all the great dining areas are and we walked to the Arena District where the NHL team and Clipper's Baseball team are located. The Convention Center is right next door. I recommend stopping by Martini for food and drinks. It's a great happy hour spot and very close to the hotel. The food is upscale italian, but they have the best filet I've ever had. If you want something more casual you have a great local micro-brew called Baileys very near by. Great bar style food and very good beer. The rooms are spacious and modern. Staff was friendly. Even at at the hotel a few times and food was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center? Share your experiences!