My cousin and I stayed here over Labor Day weekend, as we had tickets to the Ohio State-Buffalo game. Easy, 10-15 minute ride via I-670 from Port Columbus Airport. Located in the midst of a "happening" area - Convention Center, Short North, a lot going on. While I didn't perceive a personal safety problem, particularly on busy High Street, I did see the occasional "sketchy" character milling about, and I guess that's the reason why the hotel is so secure, with guest key card access necessary to get the elevator to stop on certain floors, enter and leave the parking garage, etc.
The room was clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was well-stocked and tasty. We had plans every evening, so we didn't avail ourselves of the Manager's Reception, but one evening I saw it being set up, and it looked quite nice.
Between guests attending the OSU game and various baseball/softball tournaments, the dining area and lobby got busy, but we were still able to move around and eat. The two elevators, however, got very overtaxed!
Drury prides themselves on having helpful, pleasant employees, and they were certainly found at this hotel.
Friday afternoon, my cousin and I walked over to the Greek Orthodox Cathedral, where the Annual Greek Festival was just getting underway. It was not yet crowded (which it gets at night), so Cuz and I had a tasty and relaxing bite of lunch.
We left our rental car in the garage parking lot Saturday, and decided to take the public bus to and from the campus. It's a short walk to High Street and the bus stop, and for only $2.00 each way, it was well worth it (particularly after the game, when High Street is CRAWLING with cars and people). Be advised that the hotel garage is not very large, and when full, gets very tight.
We had a great stay in Columbus (GO BUCKEYES!), and would definitely stay at this hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Located in the heart of Downtown and adjoining the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the Drury Inn & Suites makes it easy to check-in and head out to explore all Columbus has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Despegar.com, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio