“Very clean and great location” 4 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 E. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215   |
Ranked #10 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Very clean and great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 2 weeks while on a business related trip. The best part about the hotel is it's location. It is walking distance to some great areas in Columbus. We walked to Short North where all the great dining areas are and we walked to the Arena District where the NHL team and Clipper's Baseball team are located. The Convention Center is right next door. I recommend stopping by Martini for food and drinks. It's a great happy hour spot and very close to the hotel. The food is upscale italian, but they have the best filet I've ever had. If you want something more casual you have a great local micro-brew called Baileys very near by. Great bar style food and very good beer. The rooms are spacious and modern. Staff was friendly. Even at at the hotel a few times and food was good.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three days. The room was comfortable and spacious. I recommend adding a 2nd easy chair or replace it with a love seat. We only had one chair in a King Suite. Pool is very nice. Breakfast and kick back cocktails very well done and made special with a pleasant staff. Recommended.

• Stayed September 2013
Dayton, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

We arrived at the hotel around 4:00pm so we could get checked in, cleaned up and relax a moment prior to going to a concert at Nationwide Arena. I was advised that the room was not ready due to the previous guest's decision to smoke in the room ( Drury Inn & Suites decided to go totally smoke free earlier in the year). On the downside, we did not get into our room until 5:30pm, however, the upside is that the manager comped me for 50% of the cost of a two room suite. I was very impressed with the solution and we were still able to change, relax for a minute and make our concert. We also enjoyed the free evening buffet and breakfast bar. Overall, I was very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Winter Springs, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

This hotel chain was recommended by a family member. We stayed in Jonesboro and now here in Columbus. We travel with our toy poodle and they are very pet friendly. We found the rooms to be very comfortable and clean. The breakfast and the 5:30 munchies are very good. Hotel staff super nice. Highly recommend staying at a Drury.

• Stayed September 2013
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Excellent hotel and value. Rooms very clean, nice complimentary evening snack and coffee always in dining room. Great for families.

Staff was excellent and very accommodating. I would highly recommend this hotel and when we travel we always look for a Drury Inn. If one is available, we would not stay anywhere else.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for one night for a business trip. My room was VERY CLEAN -- in fact, the whole hotel smelled of disinfectant when I walked into the lobby at 5PM to check in. (Maybe they had just mopped the floor, but the smell was pretty overwhelming!). Comfortable bed and a large room. Even had a microwave and a small fridge. But my window looked out onto an inner courtyard below rather than looking at the outdoors. Very claustrophobic! It had a skylight, but it was frosted, so you couldn't see anything, just diffused light. Furthermore, the courtyard/room below was filled with discarded lamps, stacks of paintings propped against the walls, and a trolley of cleaning products. A sign indicated that they were doing some renovations, but nevertheless, it was NOT a nice view! Especially annoying because it was a nice evening, and I would have liked to see the SKY and the nice, puffy clouds!

From 5:30 to 7 PM, they have free snacks and drinks in the lobby, which is very sweet -- and I was even given a card when I checked in that entitled me to three free alcoholic beverages. But the glasses were plastic, and the food was....well, how can I put it? The mac 'n' cheese was tepid and not very good. The hot dogs were hot, but the buns were stone cold, and the only veggie choices I saw were carrot and celery sticks.

Breakfast the next morning was standard free breakfast fare -- scrambled eggs that I'd swear are powdered, very thin sausage patties, dry biscuits. Maybe I should have had the dry cereal and milk!

Finally, it was frustrating that the small hotel pool wasn't open early in the morning for a pre-checkout swim. Only opens at 9, so business travelers are kind of out of luck.

Not a bad hotel, and had the virtue of being very clean, and the staff was very nice; but I had Hyatt-envy: The Hyatt is on the other side of Columbus' Convention Center. You could definitely do worse than stay here, but it won't be the best hotel stay you ever had, I can almost guarantee....

Room Tip: Definitely ask to have a room with a window that looks onto the outside.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This is a very nice looking hotel. Checked in went smooth until we got to the room. Walked in after playing softball all day and wanting to take a shower and relax until i looked on the bed. There was a used condom on the bed and tissue paper and a towel with blood all over it on the floor. Thank goddness i wasnt with my kids. Had to lug everything back downstairs and the lady was like are you sure. And i said yes i took pictures. Given another room on the same floor. Took a shower and went down to the lobby for a drink and i forgot my ticket. Asked for one at the desk and the front desk lady says you have already had a drink so i will mark it off your ticket. Really for the nasty stuff i just saw. Some young lady had thrown up all over the lobby, Entry Way, and elevator from a hard night of partying. Beds were soft and breakfast was nice. The bloody towel and condom just ruined it for me.

Room Tip: My friends room had a view of a storage area.It looked like it used to be a Atrium.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2013
Dear Bearcatfan50,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review about your stay at our hotel. While it has taken me longer than usual to reply, I definitely appreciate all of the feedback I get as it helps me to ensure that we are delivering on our promises.

I apologize that you encountered as many issues as you did while staying with us in Columbus. Embarrassed does not begin to describe how I felt about hearing the condition that you found your first room in. Needless to say this is unacceptable and I would be extremely frustrated if I were you. With regards to our alcohol policy, Drury Inns does have a specific procedure to ensure that all guests remain safe. For that reason, we do limit the beverages to three per adult. I apologize if that wasn't made clear to you upon arrival and it is something that we can work on.

If you could please contact me at your earliest convenience, I would appreciate it. Here at Drury we have a Guarantee Policy and I want to make sure that we were able to make up for our mistakes. Thank you for your business and please don't hesitate to let me know if I can be of any additional assistance to you.

Hospitably,
Scott Bosak

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center? Share your experiences!