I stayed in this property while attending a large convention. It was further away from the Convention Center than the other properties, but I chose it because they offered a lower rate than the host hotels. I heard it referred to by a few attendees as the “Dreary Drury”, however the room was basic, but clean. I had events throughout the afternoon, so I was unable to participate in their afternoon break service.
With respect to customer service, here is where it is a bit lacking. Many like to use this term, but will they actually live up to its meaning? Good customer service is saying hello to the guests, even calling to see if their room is ok. That they did. Exceptional customer service is going above and beyond the norm. I had left an item in my room and realized it after I returned home and unpacked my things. I called the hotel and wanted to pay to have them ship it back to me. Someone would call me back. Many calls back to hotel. No return call. I called one of the managers and he said he would check on it and call back. No return call. I guess maybe my request was insignificant to them and therefore, didn’t warrant much effort. I had checked out and was no longer staying in their property, so why bother. Putting extra effort forth to accommodate the guest, even after the they have left for example, would have said a lot. That is what separates good, basic service from exceptional guest service.
“Make it right for the customer every time, every visit”? Not really, but it sounds good.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Located in the heart of Downtown and adjoining the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the Drury Inn & Suites makes it easy to check-in and head out to explore all Columbus has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Drury Hotels Company, LLC, Priceline, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.