If you are looking for a quiet, convenient and affordable hotel near Downtown Columbus try the Drury Inn and Suites. The Bus to Downtown and to The Ohio State Campus (for the coldest OSU / Team Up North football game ever) are a block away, the Short North with all its yummy dining is within walking distance. German Village is a short cab ride away and the Arena and Convention Center are practically appendages of the hotel.
We stayed at the Drury Inn & Suites for six nights in November around the Thanksgiving Holiday. When we arrived at the the hotel for our first night, we had been upgraded to a king suite. It was a welcome sight to see the huge room- the king bedroom was large with a closet, two night stands with reading lights, a bureau with drawers for both of us and a 32 inch LCD (LED?) television.
The common area had a sofa bed, coffee table, desk area, a bureau with a larger flat screen tv, and a wet bar with a sink, coffee maker, and under the counter mini-fridge (empty! so we could put our food in it).
The bathroom had a sink and counter space separate from the toilet and tub/shower so we could both get ready at the same time.
We had lots of room to relax after visiting Columbus each day. Our college aged son used the pullout sofabed for a couple of nights while he was in town and said it was fine for a sofabed.
Parking was very easy. One's room key is used to enter and exit the secure garage and there was always a parking space available. One also uses the card-key to access the elevator. I liked the extra security and it was not a hassle at all.
All registered guests enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast each morning of their stay and a complimentary "kick-back" each evening. The breakfast offering was make your own waffles, scrambled eggs that one could add ham and cheese to, assorted breads, bagels, and cereals, breakfast potatoes, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, granola and oatmeal - something for everyone! The "Kick-back" offering during our stay was mac & cheese, hot dogs, vegetable soup, baked potatoes with fixings, and chicken strips. Not fine dining mind you, but it hit the spot. Each adult also received up to three complimentary cocktails each night of their stay.
There is a small fitness room with four cardio machines that was clean and well kept and they also have a swimming pool and hot tub.
What I like the most, however was the hospitality with which we were treated to every day. From the maintenance and housekeeping staff to the front desk staff, everyone was pleasant and positive and seemed to be happy to be there. I want to especially name Josh Yee, the Assistant General Manager. When we went by the front desk or saw him anywhere in the hotel, he was ready to accommodate us or any guest that had a question or comment.
I am picky about rooms I stay in. I want a quiet, clean, comfortable room. We were given a room (741) at the end of a long hallway, far away from the elevator and ice machine. We only heard our neighbors shutting their door around midnight one night. Other than that, not a peep. (there was a junior ice hockey tournament in town and the players and families were staying at the hotel.) However, as much as I have been raving about the Drury Inn, I have 2 negative comments:
1) The pillows on the bed- lumpy and squishy. Not for me at all.
2) The carpet in parts of our room was worn and stained. Not horribly, but if it was at my house I would call Stanley Steamer.
- Also Known As:
- Drury Inn And Suites Columbus Convention Center
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel Columbus
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Hotel
- Drury Inn Columbus
- Drury Inn Hotel Columbus
- Drury Columbus
- Columbus Drury
- Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center Ohio
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Drury Hotel offers its guests a variety of free extras – take, for example, our free hot breakfast. At Drury, “hot” means scrambled eggs, biscuits & gravy, sausage and make-your-own Belgian waffles. In the evening, join us at our 5:30 Kickback® for free hot food and cold beverages. Our rotating menu features a variety of hot foods, baked potatoes, garden salad, beer, wine, mixed drinks and more! To burn off all of those free extras, Drury has a 24-hour exercise center and a parking lot to jog around. Lastly, Drury’s free wireless Internet and free long distance calls will ensure you can keep tabs on all of your posse back home. Located in the heart of Downtown and adjoining the Greater Columbus Convention Center, the Drury Inn & Suites makes it easy to check-in and head out to explore all Columbus has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Drury Hotels, Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.