“Doesn't get better than this in Columbus!” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Hot Breakfast & Wifi
Ranked #11 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Doesn't get better than this in Columbus!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012 via mobile

Great Place! First time staying here and my son highly recommended it. We are very picky about where we stay so when I saw Pet Friendly after we had bought the Columbus Roar and Explore package I was worried. No need to be! They honored our request to be in a room where no pets had recently been or were staying now. Hint: ask for high floor. Pets are usually placed on first floor for easy access to outside. This is a beautiful spotless clean hotel. Beds comfortable. Bathrooms nice. Great shower pressure. Flat screen TV. Desk. Recliner. Free wireless. Asked for extra towels. There immediately. Very quiet and very secure. Free breakfast buffet was really good. Evening snacks and three free alcoholic drinks per person or fountain soda. Nice dining area. Indoor/outdoor pool and patio area well kept. Only thing I didn't like was 12.00 per day to park but it's downtown so that's really not bad. Great location too for evening walks and close great restaurants. Five stars definitely!!!

• Stayed June 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Medina, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

For $175.44 for one night, including parking, it's not even close to being worth it. The hotel is clean, for the most part, but the room decor is dated and the common areas aren't much better. If I had paid around $100, I wouldn't feel this way - that's about what it's worth on a Saturday night. I didn't research the options in the area as I was in town for a wedding and assumed this was the best option. When I got here, I noticed there were at least two others in close walking distance to the Drury. Shame on me for not poking around more.

Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, June 26, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I appreciate all of the guest feedback I get as it helps me to constantly evaluate our procedures and product to insure that we can deliver what we promise. I value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

I apologize that you left the hotel feeling as though it was not a good value for the price you pay. We have heard our guests loud and clear and are currently scheduled for a full renovation to begin in May of 2013. While we are not the least expensive option in downtown, we do strive to be the best value by providing free internet, free hot breakfast and our free 5:30 Kickback. As always, my goal is that every guest that leaves is completely satisfied. In the future, please don’t hesitate to contact the Manager on Duty should you feel that anything is amiss. If we can’t fix it or make it better, we don’t expect you to pay for your room.

I appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Hospitably,

Scott Bosak
Minneapolis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2012

First time staying at a Drury Inn and I was impressed. Great value for the money. The breakfast and happy hour were extremely generous. Three cocktails a person! We have two small children so we got a suite and were very happy with it. Lots of room, very nice beds, good TVs. Location is nice, right near the convention center with access to downtown and the Short North. Finally, the staff was very friendly and professional. We accidentally left our son's markers in the lobby during happy hour and the assistant general manager (Josh) was extremely helpful getting them back. He not only spent 5 minutes looking for them, but took our address and phone number and sent us the markers at home when they were found! Highly recommended!

Room Tip: Suites are very nice and only $10 more.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Canton, OH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012 via mobile

I was beyond impressed at my first stay at a Drury Inn! I was in Columbus for an event that began at 1pm and although they couldn't guarantee early check in, when we got there at 1230 our room was ready! Very nice suite with separate bedroom and living area. The whole room, including the bathroom, was very clean...no issues there which is the most important thing for me! They have body wash, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers in the shower...very nice to use as much as you like (it's the little things in life!). And the shower was lovely.
By far the best thing about our stay was the FREE dinner and drinks around 5pm! Each guest got 3 free drinks (which we did not get because our event was a bar crawl and we'd had plenty by that point!) and a great buffet of hot dogs, Mac and cheese, nachos, salad, etc. Plenty to make a meal and all for free!
We also appreciated the security of needing a key to get into the hotel at night and to go up the elevator (although slightly annoying at the time, it is nice to not have random people roaming).
All in all a great stay, I'll definitely seek out Drury Inns for my future travels!

• Stayed May 2012
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

So frustrating! I made a terrible choice by staying here. Rm 618- no tissues or coffee supplies,
Non- working telephone to call front desk and some else's orange urine on the toilet.
After spending the day at a meeting at the Convention Center, went back to my car IN THE ATTACHED PARKING GARAGE for $12 a day to find my car broken into and $300 of personal effects gone. First the manager then the insurance company gave me the runaround. Based on the surroundings of the garage and a few elements that didn't add up, I got the feeling that the car break in was an inside job.
DO NOT stay here. Go 4 miles up High St.and stay at the Blackwell. It's an easy commute to the Conv Center.

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

I apologize for the problems that you encountered regarding the cleanliness of your room and the items that were taken from your car. Typically we do not have these problems. While I know it does not change what happened, after speaking with you I was happy to have a free night certificate sent to you that you can use at any Drury Inn for the inconveniences.

With regards to the items that were taken from your car, I apologize that you felt I gave you a “runaround.” Whenever we have an incident of this nature, we always refer it to our third party property insurance company to make decisions about what level of liability the hotel may or may not have. We do this so that it is an impartial view point that will take all aspects of the situation into account and make the best decision based on the facts. At the hotel level, I supply the facts that you reported to me and from that point on the insurance company contacts you for any additional information and makes the decision. While I can understand your frustration with the situation, please rest assured that there was no intent to deceive. As well, I can assure you that the items that were taken from your car were not the result of an “inside job.” Drury Hotels have a rigorous interview process that includes both criminal background checks and drug screening. If you have any additional questions about our parking garage and the surroundings, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly. I would be happy to discuss them with you.

Hospitably,

Scott Bosak
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The hotel features were a little old, but the place was very comfortable and convenient to the short north neighborhood, convention center and I walked to German Village from there without issue.

The elevator key thing was weird, but overall could have been much worse.

Overall the very good comes with my expectations vis a vis the price.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
cinti
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

I guess I will offend smokers, but my husband and father are smokers so i think i can speak. I asked for a non-smoking room but it seems that there are non-smoking rooms on smoking floors, and there are totally non-smoking floors. So we were in a non-smoking room on a smoking floor, so i walked through smoke everytime i were in the hallway, 8th floor, yuck. Also we arrived at 3:00pm Saturday and went straight to our room, we notice some food garbage in the hallway and it was still there noon on Sunday. The lobby is very nice, but always smells like popcorn, food all over the floors of the lobby even on Sunday around 3:00pm, small piles of chips around the couches tile/carpets, you would think by 3;00 it would all be cleaned up by that time from the night before snacks. The desk and food staff are very friendly and nice, our room and bath was very clean but worn out, also a small room. The ventalation in this Drury and the North Columbus is stuffy. (The Columbus Drury are not as nice as the Greenville North Carolina Drury.) Everything worked. Drury does need to have special cleaning days with staff working as teams wiping down doors in the room, our bathroom door on both sided was dirty I wiped it down to make sure it was a cleanable dirt, most of it was. I don't know how a baked potato can not taste good but I have yet to get one that tasted good, I take two bites and stop, the hot dogs are good, nachos ok, salad good, sausage strange, bagels mushie even when toasted. it is not a horrible place, but i really think the cig. smoke ruins the property. sorry smokers, sorry Dad and Husband.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center? Share your experiences!