“Drury Inn offers Free Perks for which Big Chains Charge” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   88 E. Nationwide Blvd., Columbus, OH 43215   |
Ranked #13 of 140 hotels in Columbus
Anna, Ohio
“Drury Inn offers Free Perks for which Big Chains Charge”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2012

I was at a conference April 17 to April 20, 2012 and stayed at Drury. I have not stayed many times at a Drury usually I hit the major chains.
I was very surprised at the Perks.
Free Internet - either wireless or cable
Plasm TV
Large Clean Room and Bathroom - is it the latest redo - no but still nice.
Exercise Room - just cardo with 2 treads, one bike and one cross trainer.
Swimming Pool with hot tub and pool which goes inside and out - April so wasn't going to do that in Ohio.
Breakfast,Snacks and Manager Reception.
Food was good, Snacks from 3 - 5:30 included free fountain soda and popcorn.
Breakfast,varied selection both hot and cold.
Manager Reception - free food - could do for dinner since it ranged from hot dogs, chicken fingers, macaroni and cheese, mexican, veggies etc - changed daily.
3 free alcoholic beverages. 5:30 to 7pm daily.
Staff - very nice, professional and helpful - I arrived early and was allowed to check in.
Garage - I had minivan and had some problems with parking after 900pm - fills up and spaces limited (there were concrete columns) not the hotel fault just what it is.
Security - very tight, you cannot use elevator or come from the garage to the hotel without using your room key. It was a hassle but you are downtown Columbus and never know who could be coming in so good idea.
Location - walking location to many restaurants, bars and other areas.

Room Tip: I was on east side next to highway and no noise.
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

245 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We love the Drury! The front desk staff is always so friendly. We love that they are pet friendly and there is no extra fee or weight restriction. The front desk staff always gives my dog a treat when I take him out on walks. The rooms are very spacious and they are always very clean. They have flat screen tv's, microwave and mini-fridge. Very close to Nationwide Arena and Huntington Park. The breakfast is always good and the 5:30pm kickback has finger foods and free drinks.

Stayed April 2012
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2012

I have stayed at this property on numerous occasions and I am always impressed that I see the same faces over and over. It was my wife's birthday, and during the evening reception, Rosetta got everyone to sing to her. Scott does a great job managing this property and I promise if you ever have a problem he will do everything in his power to fix it. I was shocked that this hotel was not in the top 5 places in Columbus.

Great staff, great value. keep up the good work.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Mansfield, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Employees are friendly and courteous. Pool was much colder than the last time we stayed. They could improve their breakfast choices and clean that area better. They need better lighting in the bathroom as difficult to see when applying makeup, etc.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at our hotel. I always appreciate hearing how we do, whether it is good or leaves us some room for improvement. If we don’t know what is wrong, we can’t make it any better.

I apologize that you had concerns about our breakfast choices, the cleanliness of the area, the temperature of the pool and the lighting in your room. While we do have scrambled eggs, fresh waffles, French toast, sausage patties, oatmeal, biscuits and gravy and much more, I am aware that there is always room for improvement. Please don’t hesitate to let us know any suggestions you have the next time you stay with us. Comments from guests are what give us great ideas for change.

I apologize that the pool seemed cooler than the last time you were here and the lighting in your room was less than you expected. Please don’t hesitate to let any team member know during your stay if there are things that we can do to make your stay even more enjoyable. Our goal is to be able to fix it or find a way to make it up to you.

Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if there is anything I can do for you. I hope you will give us further opportunities to be your home away from home.

Hospitably,

Scott Bosak
Chipping Sodbury, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2012

We were in Columbus for a convention and the staff at the Drury were unbelievably helpful and kind. The staff helped me bring things over to the exhibit hall and dealt with UPS for me after I checked out, shipping my items for me. The evening drinks and food (complimentary) were a great opportunity to network and speak with other guts, and the complimentary breakfast was great. This was my first experience at a Drury, and I will look out for them in future. There is nothing that could have been done to make our stay more enjoyable. Five stars!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Aurora, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2012

Upon arrival, found that the non-smoking room that was reserved was not available. Offered to find a room at another location. Woke up the next morning (7:00 a.m.) go to take shower and there is no hot water. Was told that a boiler was broken and in the process of being repaired. Head over to the hockey game and return back to room around 4:00 p.m. and room had not yet been cleaned. Hotel staff was very apologetic offered a free night stay and free parking for the troubles. Kept saying that they were sold out....excuse???

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
DruryHotels, General Manager at Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center, responded to this review, February 22, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write about your recent stay with us. I appreciate all of the guest feedback I get as it helps me to constantly evaluate our procedures and product to insure that we can deliver what we promise. I value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

I apologize for the problems that you encountered regarding your non smoking room not being available when you arrived, the mechanical issues with our boilers and your room not being cleaned as timely as you would have liked. Typically we do not have these problems. I’ve always believed that a good judge of a company’s service philosophy is not if they make a mistake, but how they respond when they make a mistake. While our goal is to have everything perfect for every guest, every time, I am aware that we will still have some opportunities to get better along the way. My hope is that we are able to do something to “make it right” with you before you leave.

While I understand that we cannot change what happened or your memory of it, I was happy to see that we refunded one of your two nights’ room charges as well as your parking.

I appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs. Please don’t hesitate to contact me directly if I can help you in any way.

Hospitably,

Scott Bosak
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012 via mobile

Very clean. Very comfortable room. Great staff. The food was ok, but everything else was great. Will stay here again. We were in for a hockey game at Nationwide and this place was the perfect place to stay. Best price and within walking distance.

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Columbus Convention Center? Share your experiences!