“A great place” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
89 Fish & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 1,987 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Romance, Bar scene, Doing business, Local cuisine, Outdoor seating, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Nationwide Blvd. / High St.
Transit: There is a Taxi Station across the street from the restaurant.
Description: 89 Fish & Grill uses only the freshest seafood, meats, dairy and produce available. Our menu is prepared daily in our scratch kitchen with an emphasis on locally sourced ingredients. At the bar we offer hand crafted cocktails with fresh squeezed juices, micro brewed beers, & a wonderful wine selection from around the world.
columbus, oh
“A great place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

My wife and I travel for pleasure and business quite a lot and we are consummate fish/seafood eaters wherever we are (and at home). In the Midwest fish/seafood places are far scarcer than on the coasts but we have sought out and patronize regularly places like MacCormack & Schmit and the Ocean Club. We ate at 89 for the first time and have now added it to one of our favorites. The staff is very cordial, oysters very fresh, and the sole and sides we had were excellent. If you are in to fish/seafood this is definitely a must do and the venue is particularly charming.

Visited May 2013

Kunkletown, Pennsylvania
“Great food, service, and atmosphere!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

I stopped by one day after work. They have a great selection of food to choose from. This was my first time here and the staff was friendly and helpful in helping me decide on my dish. I would recommend trying the lamb chops. They were mouth watering. Next time I'm in town I'm stopping by again.

• Visited March 2013
Centerville, Ohio
1,374 reviews 1,374 reviews
2,618 helpful votes 2,618 helpful votes
“89 Fish and Grill is the BEST Columbus fish house!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

89 Fish and Grill replace an old Irish Pub across the street from the Hyatt. Without question 89 Fish and Grill is the BEST Columbus fish house! The marketing department desperately must problem solve how to appeal to the Columbus area public, and not only to the convention business. Give 89 Fish and Grill a try (free valet,) and you shall be hooked.

89 Fish and Grill façade is a simulated older brick building; however, this fish house which recently celebrated a one year anniversary has been refurbished top to bottom. This is not a Laundry’s, but offers the same quality and quaintness.

I had made a reservation, and the hostess addressed by name; she asked my seating preference. I am impressed by this young lady already. 89 Fish and Grill is semi-large dining area subdivided into the bar, booths, and an elevated window area. 89 Fish and Grill offers a great patio seating soon. Flowers are blooming everywhere!

I favor dark oak (reminds me of our treasured Ethan Allen dining room_no longer available.)

Like Chart House at Dana Point, CA, there is a Happy Hour that really is a major meal for a pittance; there is a 4:00 – 6:00 P.M. $30.00 special: salad, entrée, and dessert, and there is a single page menu. Any time a fish house offers a single page menu expect the best.

My server is pure genius. He suggests a Honing (Napa) Sauvignon Blanc. We are aware that a Sauvignon Blanc may vary between bone dry and quite delightful. The Honing bottle represents the latter.

We do not “do” appetizers; however, my server slips a “Happy Hour” menu to the table, and the crab cake is offered at an impossible low price. OK, not Baltimore Inner Harbor, but nice for Ohio.

At the top of the menu is Chilean Sea Bass. I inquire, “Is this wild?” Following a chef consultation, the Chilean Sea Bass is wild. We shall see.Twenty years ago in Puerto Rico, I had the real deal, and 89 Fish and Grill offers a wild Chilean Sea Bass.

This is a “taste thing.” If one comprehends Copper River Salmon and savors the “wildness” as opposed to $3.00 a pound “farmed salmon, one shall understand.

God grant that I enjoy an expensive single malt scotch over a mixed blend.

89 Fish and Grill is an upscale fish house sought out by an affluent clientele with disposable income. There were suits and upscale casual business dress. Mercifully, no jeans or ball hats. The fare is well worth the tariff! Columbus locals, please give 89 Fish and Grill a visit.

Dublin, Ohio
“Fresh food and friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

We went last night with two friends and had a great time overall. My tilapia with crab, mashed potatoes and asparagus was amazing and my husbands pork chop was extremely flavorful. Our friends bacon topped salmon was a bit dry / overcooked though. His wife's burger was good but pretty plain. We had nice wine and the cinnamon apple creme brulee was very good. The location and ambiance were nice as was the complimentary valet parking. We look forward to going back again and based on other reviews will probably try the happy hour.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
“Great drinks and great seafood.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

The bar area of the restaurant has happy hour specials on drinks and apps. The calamari and banana peppers app was delicious. They had a good selection of mixed cocktails. The sea scallops with Brussels sprouts capers and mashed cauliflower was perfect. And the pear Riesling sorbet was an excellent end to the meal.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere