“Nice Place” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #50 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Great Falls, Virginia
“Nice Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I typically have low expectations for airport hotels, but I've had good luck in Columbus. This HGI is very clean, the rooms are spacious, and the staff was extremely nice and helpful. Also, the breakfast was quite good. It wasn't complimentary, but it was also considerably better than most complimentary breakfasts. I would stay here or at the Four Points at the airport any time. Both are nice hotels.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Cara R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
Ken R,

Thank you for your review of the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, we are thrilled to have met your expectations. We hold ourselves at a higher standard since we are an airport property, we are glad you could see that. Its nice to have the made to order breakfast too, I like my eggs over hard! Again, thank you for your review, and we look forward to your next stay in Columbus, Ohio.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Hawthorne, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My 4 Day Business trip at this hotel was made very relaxing when I was there. The Staff was helpful, Room was clean, the fitness room was good too. The waitresses at breakfast were very attentive and breakfast buffet was good. WiFi worked well. I recommend this hotel.

James R,

Thank you for your wonderful review of our Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport. We are glad you could experience the great staff and property we have. I am sure you travel too often for business and a nice hotel is always enjoyable. We look forward to seeing your on your next trip to Columbus OHIO.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and stay at a lot of Hilton Garden Inn's. This is not up to par with typical HGI's.
The bad experience began with the smell of the room. The room smelled like there had been a pet in the room. There was an attempt to improve the smell that was overpowering.
The next issue was the air conditioner. I could never get the fan to stop running no matter what I did to the thermostat.
The bed is usually the best part of the room. The linens on the bed were very old and worn and the comforter provided no warmth.
I know this hotel gets a lot of traffic, but you would think some of the money made would be put back into the rooms.
I will not be back.

Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
paul_marcum3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 7, 2014
Dear JStewartFL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We’re very sorry that your experience at our property wasn’t up to our usual high standards and we apologize for all the inconvenience you experienced. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area.
New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Great location; effective, efficient service. Highly recommend and I praise the chain and the local staff in Columbus, Ohio The improvements in that chain are impressive. I hope the quality can be maintained over time

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cara R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 30, 2014
Christian V,

Thank you for your excellent review of the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport. We are proud of the product we have here and it shows from our staff, we are glad you could see that. We plan to keep doing a great job and keeping up the quality of the service, cleanliness, and value. We look forward to your future stays with us so we can show you the maintained quality.
Thank you again.
Discovery bay, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

Stayed here before without any problems. Room was clean and the ac worked great, especially with heat/humidity outside. Close to the airport and highway. Checkin and check out went smoothly. Will definitely stay here again for business.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Cara R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 25, 2014
Allan B,

Thank you for the great review of our Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay and we could meet and exceed your expectations. We are proud of our renovation as well as our staff and glad business travelers such as you can see what great stuff we have going on here.

Thank you again, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Columbus Ohio.
Dallas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

This hotel had a very friendly staff and was pretty clean. I was a little worried with it being so close to the airport that the planes would have been loud, but that was not the case. The deal breaker in this case was the bed. It felt like there was 2 box springs stacked on top of one another instead of a real mattress. We ended up getting an air mattress from the store which gave us a better nights sleep than the awful bed.

• Stayed June 2014
Cara R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Jennifer 231991,

Thank you for your review. Glad to hear the staff and cleanliness met your expectations, I am so sorry to hear the bed was uncomfortable. It sounds like you were in a room with a king size bed, I apologize that we did not do a good job of explaining to you that we do have the adjustable mattress in our rooms. All the rooms with a king size bed do have a dial on the side of the bed that helps you adjust the firmness or softness of the bed for your sleep comfort. I hope that with this information you will give us another chance so we can prove to your that our hotel is up to all of your standards not just in service.
Thank you again for your review, we hope to see you on your next trip to Columbus OHIO.
United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Very comfortable room. I had my doubts about the noise level since it's so near the airport but there wasn't any problem at all with noise. I don't think I heard one plane while I was in the room the entire week I was there.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo
Alice B,

Thank you so much for your review for the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Ohio. Glad to hear you had a good experience. Its nice to be able to watch the airplanes land and take off if you want to but not have to hear them at night. We look forward to your future stays with us. Thank you again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!