“Clean and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Brooklyn, United States
“Clean and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

We were surprised that this was so quiet being next to the airport. Traffic very heavy around airport, but after getting there it was nice. The person at the front desk was impersonal and rushed, but the room was clean and the lobby was welcoming in appearance. We were traveling with a group of students and they were able to play cards in the lobby in the evening and get together. Beware though, food in restaurant was not great and overpriced. We would have had better food at the McDonalds that was across from the hotel. The mattresses were very hard with plywood platform frames underneath. This was OK short term, but we were glad not sleeping on them one more night.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Hi Laurie R., thank you so much for your review! I am glad you found your room to be clean and quiet. We agree that given our proximity to the airport, we can offer a quiet night's rest. I do apologize that you did not find our Garden Grill & Lounge to be of good value. I know our restaurant can produce some really great food, so I do hope you have a chance to give it a second try. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to be able to see you again so we can really impress you next time.

198 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Brooklyn
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

The service was barely adequate. The bed was very hard and lumpy. The food from the onsite cafe was poor quality and very expensive for what you received. There was a leaky faucet, mildewed walls and empty tissue box in the bathroom. Lots of airport noise and noise from the hallway.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 22, 2014
Hi Patricia M! Thank you for your review. We are certainly very regretful that our staff, beds, and restaurant quality has led you to not recommend our hotel. We are truly sorry that we failed to offer your our very best, which I know you would have enjoyed. I've contacted you personally by email, so hopefully we are able to make up your for our mistakes. I look forward to speaking with you soon! Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and for your review.
Ormond Beach, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

M. Olson Review - This hotel has some serious problems with staff at the front desk, bar, and housekeeping and I have related this in my survey based on the problems. The facility is good, the issue wis with a few of the staff and the length of time it takes to respond to a major room changing issue at 7PM.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hi Mark O, thank you for sharing your experience with us. We're so disappointed that our staff was not up to par for your stay. We should have treated the room change with great expediency, since we can understand it would be very disrespectful to make you wait for us to make the situation right. I know we have contacted each other via email so I hope we were able to express our apology and offer you some compensation with a promise to not repeat our mistakes. You have my contact information in case you have any additional questions or comments.

Thank you again Mark O! We're hoping to see you again soon.
Waddell, Arizona
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

I've been in a lot of Garden Inn hotels, and this one was just disappointing. After checking in, going up the elevator, and arriving on my floor, I first thought was that Hilton did not build this hotel. They must have acquired it from another brand. It just didn't have the sense of Hilton quality. The location of the hotel makes it difficult to get in the parking lot, and the parking lot itself leaves much to be desired. You would think crossing the street to McDonald's would be an easy thing... NOT! Because of the volume of traffic in the airport, you're safer driving. Problem is, you have to go around the block to get there. The person in the room next door was up late watching TV. Not only could I hear the TV, but I could hear their occasional outburst of laughter. Kept me up well beyond my desired bedtime. The internet service measured at 1.5-2Mbps. I had tried to get a movie to watch on the return flight prior to getting in the bed, but it had not completed when prior to leaving the room to checkout. For general internet access, it was sufficient. Anything beyond that... good luck. The staff was friendly as I expected of Hilton staff.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Hi DeenCore! Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. We are so sorry you had a disappointing stay with us. I apologize about your neighbors; I wish we could of helped to quiet them down. You can always feel free to contact the front desk with any issues, especially noise complaints or internet problems. We have some other options for internet that may be able to help you download a movie faster, etc. Thank you for your kind words regarding our staff. We are always ready and looking to help so please let us know in the future if you have any questions or comments. Thanks again for your review, DeenCore! We hope to see you again soon.
Columbus, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

Clean room, bed was good. Very noisy room the heater loud and blew out cold air with it being 12 outside not a good thing. Outside noise very pronounced. Had to walk awhile to get to room in the snow and ice.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

paul_marcum3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Dear Danny V,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review in regards to your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Columbus Airport. I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. If you return to our area, I hope you will consider staying with us again.

Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

Besides a little tricky to enter and exit the hotel met our needs for our weekend in Columbus. The Hilton chain is very kind to military and here was no exception. We didn't spend a lot of time at the hotel however the time we did was fine. Room clean. service helpful/friendly, pool nice, workout room with enough to make a decent workout and plenty of parking. Only disappointment was no free breakfast but the breakfast was all you can eat. If price is right again, we will consider staying here again.

Room Tip: Prepare to cut through McDonald's when you miss the entrance.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
paul_marcum3, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Sarah E,

Thank you for your review from your recent stay at the Hilton Garden Inn - Columbus Airport. We are glad to see that your stay was an enjoyable experience. We will make sure to share your review with the hotel's team members.

Again, we thank you for your business and review and we hope to serve your lodging needs again next year for the Arnold Classic if not sooner.

Safe Travels
Pennsboro, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

My daughter and I stayed for one night. Check-in was quick and easy, even though we were later getting there than planned. The room was nice and had a mini-fridge, coffee maker and other extras. I learned the next morning we were right next to one of the runways. We never heard a plane during the night. It was a very nice experience. The staff was very helpful when I asked for directions and during breakfast. It was a very nice experience.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Ashley B, Front Office Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
Hi Jennifer M! Thank you so much for your kind review. We truly appreciate you sharing your experience. We are so happy you had a good time. We're looking forward to seeing you again!

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!