“Great Property & the BEST Staff” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park and Fly
Ranked #32 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Great Property & the BEST Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

The property has completed the upgrades to the hotel and it is amazing on how great of an appearance the lobby looks like now. The rooms are spotlessly cleaned on a daily basis. The staff is outstandingly personable and willing to go the extra mile for me during my stay. The food and staff in the restaurant for both breakfast and dinner were outstanding as well.
I can highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking at staying in the Columbus area especially near the airport.
As a frequent traveler who holds multiple rewards cards for all the other brands, the Hilton Honors is by far the best available and no after my stay at this location, I will be cutting up my other cards and am a loyal HHonor member from now on. I have already booked my next stay at this property and after this experience, will ONLY stay at the Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport.

Room Tip: First impressions are the key, when you open the door for the first time to walk in the room, how do...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jermaine H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am very pleased to see that we provided a memorable experience for you during your stay. Thank you for the compliment on our upgrades as well. We recently went through a major renovation and it is very rewarding to see how our guests benefit from the changes. I am ecstatic to hear that you have become a loyal Hilton Honors member. It is a great program and free to sign up. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
South Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Rooms were clean and a nice lobby. Food was good for a hotel of this type. They had whatever I needed from an extra toothbrush to a convenience store. Having a micro in room is helpful too and access to on demand movies on sale.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review and your positive remarks about our rooms and lobby. I am happy to see that you enjoyed the food during your stay. We have great cooks that take pride into what they serve to our guests. I’m glad that we were able to provide you with what you needed to have a pleasurable stay. We would love to have you as a guest in the future if you are ever in the area. Thank you for your feedback.
Washington, DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

This was a 4 day business trip and everything in this hotel is great! The rooms were clean and plenty of hot water. The rooms have a microwave and mini-fridge. The property was very clean and quiet. ALL the staff members are friendly and helpful.

They have a restaurant but It doesn't look like one and It looks as though they would only serve pre-cooked meals. No, No, No. All you can eat full breakfast buffet with m.t.o. omelets, french toast, pancakes, and waffles. Didn’t have lunch but the dinner menu was not bad at all. They have a pool but it was down.

There's nothing near here but a Mcd's. so, you'll need a car if you wish to see other parts of town. The hotel sits on the airport property, 3-5mins from the terminals.

Although this was a business trip for me, if I were to go to Columbus again, I'd definitely stay here.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Jermaine H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Thank you for your review. It’s always a pleasure to know when one of our guests has had a pleasant experience at our hotel. Thank you for the compliment about our restaurant as well. Hotel restaurants tend to have bad reputations, but we receive a lot of positive remarks on our food and service. I am sorry that the pool was closed during your stay. We were installing pool lifts at the time so that guests with disabilities can enjoy the pool as well. I’m not sure if you were aware during your stay, but we do offer a complimentary shuttle service within a 5 mile radius of the hotel. There are a number of places that you can visit in this radius. Thank you again for your review.
st. Paris, ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

If you looked out the window you saw the roof. Window and door didn't lock. The stairs were so dirty. No free breakfast. For the price you would think they would. Thier is a hotel next to this place you could try that one

Room Tip: Might want to find a different hotel
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

There is one thing I absolutely hate that hotels do...when they don't tell you they are having major construction. This hotel is a construction zone, so before you think of staying here, call first! I paid $112.00 corporate rate and it wasn't worth it! No carpet in the halls, so you hear EVERYTHING and EVERYONE anywhere in the halls at all times of the night. It was loud!!!!!!

Beware!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed there on the 22nd of December. They are doing a lot of updating in the main area of the hotel and the paint smell was pretty bad. Didn't notice it once we got to our room on the third floor though. Staff was very polite and helpful. Rooms were clean and the bed was very comfortable. The shuttle service was top notch. We didn't have to wait at all. Dropped us off and helped us unload our bags. On Left our car at the hotel, we had the stay and fly package. Once we landed back in Columbus, I called the shuttle service and again the service was top notch, he dropped us off right at our car in the parking lot and helped us load our bags. I would stay there again!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Most efficient front desk ever: check-in and check-out took less than 60 seconds combined! The room was clean and spacious. I ate the chicken pesto flatbread at their restaurant and it was pretty good. The only faults I could detect in the hotel were a small stain on the curtain and the fact that the TV set was not flat panel.

Overall, I would definitely recommend it if you want to be near the airport.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Jermaine H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Thank you for your feedback on our hotel. I am glad to hear that your check in and check out experience was quick and efficient. I am also pleased that you found your room was clean and spacious. The Chicken Pesto Flatbread is a popular dish in our restaurant; I am delighted that you enjoyed it. Thank you for mentioning the stain on the curtain. That issue is now corrected. We now have flat panel TVs in all of our rooms. It’s always a pleasure to hear when our guests have memorable experience. Thank you for staying with us.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!