“Great hotel, lovely staff” 4 of 5 stars

AAA Family Fun Package
Ranked #45 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dubai, UAE
“Great hotel, lovely staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Our party of 3 only stayed at the Hilton Garen Inn Columbus airport for 10 hours. We were picked up at the airport, the staff was friendly and the rooms were clean and quite. The internet was included in the room price. No complaints form our group and we would all happily return.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Monster, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

Rooms are comfortable, very clean, they have all amenities. Check-in is very fast and staff is great. There is a small shop next to check-in where you can get soem water and food, excellent.

The next morning we had breakfast in the lobby which offers a buffet with a lot of choice and next to that they can cook your breakfast to anything you like. Great breakfast service and very good food.

There is only one but to the hotel, you should ask for a room that is not located on the side of the airstrip. The first plane comes in at 06.00 am. We arrived in the middle of the night and I really could have slept another couple of hours, but when it was landed I was right awake and looking out of the window where the noise was coming from you can almost look into the plane so close is the strip from some of the hotelrooms.

Next to that it has a great shuttlebus from and to the airport that runs late and starts early. Parking is also available with enough places.

If you ask for the right room this is a great hotel !

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the other side of the hotel, not the ones next to the airstrip.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Liberty, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

So much to say about this hotel - The hotel was nice, clean and quiet. Most of the staff was friendly, and would acknowledge you when you came in. The rooms were nice, and I did not have any issues with any requests I made - but I did have a problem with my billing when I left.

It took contacting the Hotel General Manager and two full days to get it straightened out.

I would recommend this hotel - just don't try and use two different forms of payment at checkout.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Corry, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

Very nice hotel, nice lobby area, clean rooms, good internet connectivity. Breakfast buffet was a bit pricey.

Room Tip: Request a room on opposite side from the airport. It can be very noisy otherwise.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
VATravel36
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

OK, I start by saying I feel sort of bad that I have not been able to write better reviews for Hilton properties lately. It is where I stay the most, because I have a multitude of points, and of course Kimpton is not in every city...YET. But Hilton, what has happened? You seem to be cheeping out lately. I won't review my other reviews, but check them out. As for this property, let me start with the AMAZING staff!! They were great from check-in (by name greeting, free bottled water, free bar drink coupon) to the late check-out that they didn't even blink over when I requested. Dinner at the restaurant was excellent and again the staff there was so friendly and professional. I would absolutely rate this property 5 stars based on the staff.
However, I have to rate the room, since that is really what we all pay for.
Bed - comfortable
Bath amenities (soap, shampoo, etc) - good
TV - probably good when it was new in......1987 maybe? Seriously....Tube TV's??? Come on Hilton spring for the flat screen!! But even that and its loud buzzing was not enough to lower the rating more than half a star. Then came the morning shower. I thought maybe I didn't turn it up enough, but oh no....it was full power. The trickle was so bad that I had to move all the way to the wall and be completely under the spout to get fully wet. Very FRUSTRATING!!
I am also frustrated, because I really wanted to rate this experience high for my most visited brand, but it just aint happenin.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

I previously reviewed this location and was critical of internet service and the way in which the staff dealt with the problem. I have just returned from a 3 night stay and can state that management has addressed the issues. This property remains a great location if you need to stay near the airport. Property is about a three minute shuttle trip from the airport. Shuttle runs on demand so be sure to call the hotel and request the service. Location is quiet, rooms are comfortable and well maintained. I really enjoy the breakfast as it is not the typical buffet. Orders can be placed for a variety of offerings and are delivered to the table. While I generally shy away from hotel restaurants for dinner, I was very pleasantly surprised by the quality and service in the restaurant when I needed to find a late dinner. The internet service issue has clearly been addressed as signal was not an issue. Excellent reception was had throughout the stay. The staff, from front desk, to restaurant, to housekeeping were all extremely professional and very accommodating. Management has clearly set high expectations for customer service. I can now recommend this property without reservations.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2012

My fortune 50 company decided to book a room here to better train their employee's. Here is a run down of why you shouldn't book the Hilton for your next stay.

A. It needs updated. They use 4 x 3 screens it it is 2011. If you want business, you have to update your facilities. Get a high def screen for the conference rooms. While you are at it update the tv's in the lobby. My grandmas Zenith console is more up to date than what is in the lobby.

B. Fix the HAVAC unit in the conference rooms. When it would turn on, you couldn't hear a thing. Plus it would turn on and off so much I felt like I was my mom going through menopause.

C. Update the decor in the conference rooms. If you are too young or too old and haven't been to a wedding in the 80's come here. The minute I walked in I could have sworn I heard the Vapors singing "Turning Japanese", but then again maybe it was the HAVAC unit.

D. While we were having our meeting someone at the hotel brought in two men and showed them the room to see if they wanted to rent it out. Are you kidding me?! Again, are you kidding me? I do not care who is renting out the room already, whether it is for a Bar Mitzvah or a business meeting but come on you just had to show those individuals the room and interrupt a business meeting that was already going on?

E. Thanks for running the vac during our meeting outside the doors of our room. You knew we couldn't already hear because of the air unit, but this was the icing on the cake.

F. The bathrooms downstairs are cold enough to be a meat locker.

Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!