You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #48 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Mundelein, Illinois
“Reasonably nice hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

If you're doing anything near OSU this is a good location. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. I have a couple breakfast places I like in C'Bus so I didn't sample the hotel breakfast. The place is right off I71 which is convenient.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Princerman,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us. I am so happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, right off the highway and just minutes from the Ohio Sate University! I am also thrilled to see that you found your room to be clean and comfortable which is a testament to our fantastic housekeeping team. Thank you again for your response and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Trusha, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Waterford, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

Dispute this being in an area that you shouldn't walk around outside after dark even in a well lite parking lot. The hotel was fairly clean and the staff were excellent and very helpful. Breakfast was ok filled the spot. I was a bit put off when they recharged my credit card the day before my arrival for one night. They also immediately charged my credit card for the remainder of my stay plus an additional charge for advanced incidentals. Which there really is no place to have incidentals since they don't have a restaurant or anything. I felt this was out of line. I've stayed at many hotels and have never had this happen. Apparently this is policy but I've never had that policy with the Hilton or Marriott.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Terrilyn M,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us! It is great see that your room was clean and you enjoyed your stay, which is a testament to our outstanding housekeeping and guest service team! I do apologize for the inconvenience our pre-arrival authorizations caused you during your stay, due to our 24 hour cancellation policy we pre-authorize funds in order to guarantee your room for arrival. I would also like to apologize for the authorization of the duration of your stay upon arrival. One of the benefits of staying with the Holiday Inn Express Brand is our Express check-out feature, which allows our guests to check out more efficiently by not having to stop at the desk when departing. Due to this feature we preauthorize the entire stay at the time of check-in so if you choose to leave without stopping at the desk your balance would be taken care of. Finally, I would like to apologize for the $10 incidental authorization placed on your card upon arrival. We, like all hotels in Columbus, preauthorize funds for incidentals. Many hotels fail to communicate this authorization with guests and even more preauthorize much more then $10. I understand that it is inconvenient to have a $10 hold on your credit card during your stay which is why we communicate this hold prior to the authorization. I hope this cleared up a few of your concerns! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with us, we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus!
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The hotel is quiet (despite being near a freeway), and has excellent staff services. When was the last time you got a call after you got into your room to check and see if you're satisfied? This place does just that. And, you can see that the people working there want to make you stay great. The room was clean, and the night quiet. The usual breakfast amenities are available as all the other Express places. The place is about 2 miles away from the OSU campus - and the access is super.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, June 3, 2014
Gizbab,
Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us! Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fairgrounds our guest's satisfaction is our highest priority! I am so happy to see that your room was clean and inviting and our team made you feel welcome! I'm also glad to see that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, just minutes away from The Ohio State University... Go Buckeyes! We truly appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus!
Parma Heights, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

We stayed for Rock on the Range at Columbus Crew Stadium. The location was great and even though the neighborhood looks a bit... rough... everything was ok. The staff was great (and even put up with my knucklehead roommates cookie shenanigans all weekend). The breakfast was hot and included cooked eggs, breakfast meat, yogurt, fruit, breads/bagels, toppings, pancake machine and more. The double bed room was spacious and every aspect of the hotel was clean. I will try to book a room here anytime I am in the area for a similar event.

Room Tip: One elevator and it is slow
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, May 31, 2014
Greg M,
On behalf of my entire team and I, it was a pleasure to host you and your guests during the very busy Rock on the Range weekend! I am so happy that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, being just walking distance from the Columbus Crew Stadium definitely has it's advantages especially during Rock on the Range's fantastic 3 day concert series! I am also thrilled to see that you were pleased by recently updated Express Start Breakfast options, we have been getting great feedback and it's guest's feedback like yours that help make these kind of changes happen! Please call us directly when you are ready to book for next years Rock on the Range at 614-263-7725, we can't wait to have you back!
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

The hotel was really nice. It was perfect for an overnight stay. We were headed to NY and stayed the night. It is right off the interstate. We arrived around midnight. The staff was very friendly. Room was clean and comfortable. Not sure the A/C was working properly. The breakfast was decent. Coffee wasn't that good. They only had powder creamer in packets. Over all it was a good stay! Some of the things I mentioned are observations more than a complaint. I would stay there again on our next trip to NY.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
Gwilliams73,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and I am even more thrilled to see that we will have the privilege of seeing you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus! I am sorry to hear that you had a few set backs during your stay and I would love the opportunity to further discuss them with you to ensure that they get resolved! Please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel or via e-mail at agashi.cmhhs@gmail.com. Thank you again for your response, we can't wait to see you again soon!
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2014

This is a decent hotel for your basic needs. I wouldn't pick this hotel for a vacation, but works for visiting for business or what not. Rooms are spacious and comfortable - great to have a sink, microwave, refrigerator, and free wifi in your room. Beds were very comfortable and I wasn't bothered by the traffic noise. The pool is nothing special. Great to have free cookies at 5pm and the breakfast in the morning was nice. I would suggest that the hotel invest in using real plates and silver ware, instead of foam plates and plastic utensils - this would be easier to cut our food with and more sustainable. I do want to give KUDOS to the staff at this hotel. They made my experience so much better with their willingness to give suggestions on things to do and answer any questions I had. Quick drive to High Street for night life/dinner.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
bikiniblonde2010,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I am happy to see that our hotel suited your needs for your specific purpose of travel. Being just ten minutes away from many hot spots in Columbus definitely has its perks! I am also thrilled to see that our staff made you feel comfortable and welcome while visiting us! Thank you for your loyalty and we hope to see you again the next time your business travels bring you to Columbus!
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2014

I first started staying at this hotel when I needed a place to return to after Columbus Crew games.

I often stayed with friends or family from out of town and the service was consistently top notch. Despite the affordable nature of the hotel, I always felt like I was receiving four or five star service from all staff members that I encountered. The staff frequently went above and beyond to accommodate me and my friends. Rooms were always SPOTLESS, checkout times were reasonable, and privacy was respected. The people working the front desk were kind, warm, and welcoming to us and always up to the challenge of recommending a fun restaurant, venue, or attraction.

I could live in this hotel. So if you were wondering whether you should stay here... my answer to you would be, without hesitation, "YES!"

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
EonMiller,
Welcome back to our hotel! I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and I am just as excited as you are about our current and ongoing renovations. Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fairgrounds we are constantly trying to improve our product to add value for our loyal guest's such as yourself. We do pride ourselves on our guest satisfaction and I am thrilled to see that your stay was no exception! On behalf of my entire team and I thank you for taking time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel and we can't wait to see you again the next time the Columbus Crew brings you our way!
Trusha, Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

Address: 701 E Hudson Street, Columbus, OH 43211
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
#20 Romantic Hotel in Columbus
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel features complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, breakfast bar, indoor pool, fitness room and a meeting room. We also feature a variety of suite rooms including Jacuzzi and executive suites. The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel is located 1/2 mile from the Ohio Expo Center and Fairgrounds, Crew Stadium, and Ohio Historical Society as well as 1.3 miles from The Ohio State University. Our hotel is less than 5 minutes from downtown Columbus, the Columbus Convention Center and the Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) is a short 10 minute drive. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Hotel Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus
Columbus Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center Columbus, Ohio

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.