You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Saint Joseph
“Another great stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

This hotel is my pick for staying in columbus for the Expo Center events I attend throughout the year. Side streets bring me right to the center. The staff was again very friendly with a follow up call to be sure my room was perfect. The lobby was going through a updating and it looks great. The quality breakfast is always appreciated.
Wonderful experience.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Lisa P,
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay while visiting us again this year! We too are very excited about our current renovations and we are even more excited for our future planned renovations to be completed! Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fairgrounds and Expo Center we constantly trying to improve our product to add value for our loyal guests such as yourself! Thank you again for reviewing your stay and on behalf of my entire team and I we can't wait to host you again soon so you can take advantage of all of the changes to come!
Trusha, Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Smiths Falls, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Right from arranging our early check-in through to our efficient check-out, staff were extremely helpful to make our stay as enjoyable as possible. Staff were very friendly as well. The breakfast was the best I have ever had at any hotel that I have stayed in. The beds and room were very comfortable. Also enjoyed the pool.

Room Tip: From what I saw any room would be excellent accommodation.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Carol F.,

I am thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay with us! Here at the Holiday Inn Express - Ohio State Fairgrounds we take pride in providing comfortable accommodations with an attentive staff and complimentary full hot breakfast! I am so happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations! Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a fantastic review of our hotel! On behalf of my entire team and I we wish you safe travels and can't wait to see you again the next time your travels bring you to Columbus, OH!

Yours in Hospitality,
Trusha, Manager
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

Very well maintained property. Not a thing to complain about. The elevator (right next to our room) was even quiet. While it's not in the most amazing location, it is VERY close to a whole bunch of cool stuff. We were not more than 7 minutes from downtown, Short North, Clintonville and plenty other destinations in Columbus.

Room Tip: Our room (409) was right next to the elevator...but the elevator was very quiet.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Scott G,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at our hotel with us! I am pleased to see that we were able to offer you comfortable accommodations and I am glad you were able to take advantage of our super convenient location! On behalf of myself and my entire team we appreciate your feedback and can't wait to see you again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Nalini, Manager
Wauconda, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2013

For the most part, HIE properties are pretty consistent in their quality and accomodations. This property is no exception. Upon check-in, the front desk guy efficiently checked me in. There was also a batch of chocolate chip cookies, which was a nice touch. The room itself was clean and didn't have an unpleasant smell. It included a mini-fridge and microwave. Only gripe is that there is no electrical plug-in near the bedside table. Since I use my phone for my alarm, it was a minor inconvienence (particularly in the morning) to have it plugged in at the desk. Breakfast was good and standard HIE fare. I heard that the area around this property is not the best/safest, and I did see bars on the windows of some businesses. However, I do not feel this should deter someone from staying at this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpress701, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
LathamFamily,
Thank you for sharing your experience at the Holiday Inn Express with others who are looking to find a hotel in Columbus with an attentive staff, well-equipped rooms and hot-breakfast included. In order to provide our guests with everything they need, we are continually looking for ways to update our property and your feedback about an additional outlet will definitely be used to help us meet the needs of our future guests. Our hotel is conveniently located just minutes from Ohio State University’s campus and, although college students aren’t always known for maintaining a pleasant appearance when it comes to the exterior of their housing (no offence to college students!), we work hard to ensure that we continue to exceed our guests’ expectations and we hope to see you next time the Latham family is in town.
Chillicothe, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

The family owned hotel goes above and beyond to try to please. I would suggest any problems be addressed to them and not the employees, while they are nice and polite they can only do so much. I stayed there four days without any issues at all but I did hear a complaint from a guest about a noisy heating unit and felt like the front desk blew her off, that would not have taken place if the one of owners had of been there.

The hotel was one of the cleanest I have ever been in, the breakfast was above average it was very well stocked and the lady working there was most helpful.

My only negative thing to say would be I don't like the area, while we didn't have any problems I just didn't like the area. It is very easy to get on and off 71 since it is right at the exit.

The only place to eat close is a Wendy's which is right next to hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
HolidayInnExpress701, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2013
22Faith –
Thank you for your comments and it’s great to hear that our hotel ranks among your top in terms of cleanliness and that you enjoyed your experience! The entire team here at the Holiday Inn Express works together to ensure that our guests’ needs are met and our family of employees is eager to make our guests feel like they’re at home when they’re away from home. I've passed your comments regarding the situation you overheard at the desk along to the rest of the team to emphasize the importance of conveying that genuine, caring attitude that we all have when it comes to providing the highest levels service to all of our guests. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again!
Glendale, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

We stayed here for one night and were very pleased. The location is easy to get to from the airport and is also quite close to Ohio State's campus, and parking is plentiful. "Hugo" was working at the front desk when we checked in and was very nice, even though he was also simultaneously swamped with incoming calls. Our room was very spacious, clean and comfortable. The pillows were especially nice! The breakfast had an enormous array of food choices and the women working in the breakfast room were very friendly. I will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
HolidayInnExpress701, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Altadenabirdwatcher –
Thanks for the excellent review – the team and I really appreciate your kind words. It’s great to hear that our location provided you with the opportunity to easily visit Ohio State University’s campus and easy access to and from the airport. Hugo, the breakfast attendants Debbie and Heather and the rest of our team here at the Holiday Inn Express – Ohio State Fairgrounds look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Kingston, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

It's always encouraging to receive a warm welcome on arrival in an unfamiliar place. The hotel was modern, and our room bright, neat and clean. We were there just for the night, and took advantage of the microwave and small refrigerator for a light supper bought from a shop en route. The beds are excellent. The heating system however (this was on a cold day) was noisy when set at low, so we had to turn it off when sleeping. We appreciated the paper and a good breakfast though I do begin to tire of the "prefabricated" egg omelette and sausage menu as all hotels in the chain seem to serve. Note: the hotel is near the main road, and brings the noise of traffic into rooms on that side.

Room Tip: As for a room on the "quiet" side of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
holidayinnexpress00, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Peter B,
It's great to know that our staff welcomed you warmly to your home away from home for the night and thank you for sharing your experience! We strive to provide our guests with an experience that makes them want to return and it's great to know that your bed and breakfast were highlights of your stay. As for the heater, give me a call here at the hotel at 614.263.7725, so I can ensure that room's future valued guests such as yourself, get the quiet night's sleep that we strive to offer.

And next time you make the trek from Canada to Columbus we hope to see you again!
Alex, Manager

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

Address: 701 E Hudson Street, Columbus, OH 43211
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
#20 Romantic Hotel in Columbus
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel features complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, breakfast bar, indoor pool, fitness room and a meeting room. We also feature a variety of suite rooms including Jacuzzi and executive suites. The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel is located 1/2 mile from the Ohio Expo Center and Fairgrounds, Crew Stadium, and Ohio Historical Society as well as 1.3 miles from The Ohio State University. Our hotel is less than 5 minutes from downtown Columbus, the Columbus Convention Center and the Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) is a short 10 minute drive. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, IHG, Booking.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Hotel Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus
Columbus Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center Columbus, Ohio

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.