“helpful and friendly” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
Ranked #48 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
bowling green, ky
“helpful and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

We were lucky to find this hotel as walk-ins having brought a student to osu. The front desk clerk went above and beyond to help us find a furniture store and even printed directions from her computer to help us find it. The complimentary breakfast included cheese omelets, sausage, etc. Hotel staff were friendly and domino pizza delivery was so fast the pizza was still steaming when it arrived. Awesome first impression of Columbus. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Second floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel while visiting The Ohio State University. We are so fortunate to be so close to the home of the buckeyes! I am excited to share your kind words with me Guest Service Team. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and we hope to see you again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Monclova
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2013

Nice,clean rooms. They gave us a good rate on the room plus free tickets to the Ohio State Fair.
Breakfast was frustrating! We got down to breakfast 10 minutes before it closed. There was barely any food left: no scrambled eggs,no biscuits to go with the sausage gravy, no sausage. Five minutes before closing, there were several people still getting food and she took the boiled eggs away and took away the pancake batter. I let the manager know what was happening. She called the employee....but only the boiled eggs were brought back. Don't count on breakfast unless you get there early.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave this review of our hotel. Here at the Holiday Inn Express- Ohio State Fairgrounds/Expo Center we value guest feedback like yours as it allows us to better understand and anticipate our guest's needs. We have discussed your concerns regarding your breakfast with our breakfast team. We have put into place new rules regarding out breakfast bar clean up times and I assure you if you give us the opportunity to host you again your initial concerns will no longer be an issue. Thank you again for your business as well as your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013

We stayed at the hotel on a Tuesday. We liked it so much, that we cancelled our reservation at another hotel on Saturday and stayed there again. Clean, comfortable rooms. GREAT free breakfast, nice pool. And EVERYONE was very friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, August 3, 2013
Thank you so much for choosing our hotel for not just one but TWO of your stays while visiting Columbus! Here at the Holiday Inn Express at Ohio State Fairgrounds we appreciate your business and value your feedback. I am so happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and we can't wait to see you again very soon!
Cleveland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying two nights at this Holiday Inn Express on 701 E. Hudson Street on July 18-19, 2013. I was pleased with the friendly staff. The cleanliness of my room and the entire facility. I had a friend and family member ask me if I would be okay staying at this location because it is in an urban area and I told them absolutely! I said as long as the hotel is well maintained, which this one is, then that is not a problem for me. Also, when I looked at several customer reviews of other hotels near Easton where I would be spending some time at, the ratings were either mediocre or poor. When I read the customer reviews for this Holiday Inn Express, I was sold, and when I arrived to the hotel, I was no where disappointed. Instead I was impressed. The hotel is less than a mile from the highway and not far from Easton. I would definitely consider staying at this location again :).

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you very much for your fantastic review of our hotel! Here at the holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center we pride ourselves in delivering a product that is both comfortable and enjoyable. I am also happy to see that you were able to take advantage of our convenient location, being just 10 minutes from some of Columbus's most popular destinations definitely has it's perks! Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience with others! We appreciate your business and hope to see you again very soon!
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here this past June 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express because we found Melissa, Hugo and Nalini to be so very helpful and gracious. Example - Since my wife and I were to be out and about the Columbus area the entire day-the hotel was indeed centrally-located to visit German Village and also the Columbus Museums downtown- Melissa saw to it that some of the optional night-time snack of cookies were put aside for us to be picked up at the front desk upon our return at night. This might seem inconsequential in itself but to me this simple act of kindness was typical of the staff's atitude of warm hospitality. And, the tasty, hot Continental breakfast was an added treat as my wife and I could proceed with our morning without searching around for a restaurant the first thing in the AM. I recommend this hotel and its friendly staff. - James and Marianne

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a stellar review of our hotel! I am so happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and I am excited to share your kind words with Melissa, Hugo and Nalini! Our convenient location, complimentary hot breakfast every morning and welcoming service team will hopefully entice you to come visit us again very soon!
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one quick night to catch a Crew match. The location is not that great because of the freeway, gas stations, some questionable areas and not incredibly walkable, but it served its purpose and is very close to the soccer stadium.Trusha was incredibly accommodating (even printed a map for us!), & this really helped to make our stay. She was so friendly, as was the rest of the staff; the woman who oversees and prepares the free breakfast is so pleasant, too. I plan to call Holiday Inn corporate for two purposes: first, to commend the wonderful staff, but second to mention the shower curtains...they seem to hold a damp/ bacterial smell, but this was the same story at a Holiday Inn Express I stayed at the precious week with my sister in Chelsea, MI. I did share this was with the very kind & receptive morning receptionist and she said it wasn't the first she's heard of this; so I told her that I'd call corporate as each location is a carbon copy of the other. However, aside from this (& I'm highly sensitive to "off" odors), we had a very nice stay, a great breakfast, good sleep and even snook in a hard workout in the convenient fitness center!

• Stayed July 2013
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's feedback like yours that allows us to constantly continue to improve our product for our guests. I am so glad to hear that our staff was so incredibly accommodating. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we pride ourselves on our customer service and as a result we are always trying to anticipate our guests needs. I do apologize however for the problem you experienced with your shower curtain, again we value your feedback as it allows us to better improve our guest's stay in the future. We have taken note of your observance and have set plans in motion to resolve this issue immediately. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbus!
Norton Shores, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. We found the room to be clean and very comfortable. What stood out to us the most was the friendly, competent, and professional staff. A standout among the staff was Trusha. Her knowledge of the area was very helpful to us. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with Trusha, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize us. I thank you for your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

Address: 701 E Hudson Street, Columbus, OH 43211
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
#19 Romantic Hotel in Columbus
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel features complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, breakfast bar, indoor pool, fitness room and a meeting room. We also feature a variety of suite rooms including Jacuzzi and executive suites. The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel is located 1/2 mile from the Ohio Expo Center and Fairgrounds, Crew Stadium, and Ohio Historical Society as well as 1.3 miles from The Ohio State University. Our hotel is less than 5 minutes from downtown Columbus, the Columbus Convention Center and the Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) is a short 10 minute drive. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Hotel Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus
Columbus Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center Columbus, Ohio

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.