“A very friendly staff made for a warm welcome” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

You added Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   701 E Hudson Street, Columbus, OH 43211   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #46 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A very friendly staff made for a warm welcome”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here this past June 2013. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this particular Holiday Inn Express because we found Melissa, Hugo and Nalini to be so very helpful and gracious. Example - Since my wife and I were to be out and about the Columbus area the entire day-the hotel was indeed centrally-located to visit German Village and also the Columbus Museums downtown- Melissa saw to it that some of the optional night-time snack of cookies were put aside for us to be picked up at the front desk upon our return at night. This might seem inconsequential in itself but to me this simple act of kindness was typical of the staff's atitude of warm hospitality. And, the tasty, hot Continental breakfast was an added treat as my wife and I could proceed with our morning without searching around for a restaurant the first thing in the AM. I recommend this hotel and its friendly staff. - James and Marianne

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to leave such a stellar review of our hotel! I am so happy to see that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay and I am excited to share your kind words with Melissa, Hugo and Nalini! Our convenient location, complimentary hot breakfast every morning and welcoming service team will hopefully entice you to come visit us again very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Detroit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here one quick night to catch a Crew match. The location is not that great because of the freeway, gas stations, some questionable areas and not incredibly walkable, but it served its purpose and is very close to the soccer stadium.Trusha was incredibly accommodating (even printed a map for us!), & this really helped to make our stay. She was so friendly, as was the rest of the staff; the woman who oversees and prepares the free breakfast is so pleasant, too. I plan to call Holiday Inn corporate for two purposes: first, to commend the wonderful staff, but second to mention the shower curtains...they seem to hold a damp/ bacterial smell, but this was the same story at a Holiday Inn Express I stayed at the precious week with my sister in Chelsea, MI. I did share this was with the very kind & receptive morning receptionist and she said it wasn't the first she's heard of this; so I told her that I'd call corporate as each location is a carbon copy of the other. However, aside from this (& I'm highly sensitive to "off" odors), we had a very nice stay, a great breakfast, good sleep and even snook in a hard workout in the convenient fitness center!

• Stayed July 2013
Trusha107, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. It's feedback like yours that allows us to constantly continue to improve our product for our guests. I am so glad to hear that our staff was so incredibly accommodating. Here at the Holiday Inn Express we pride ourselves on our customer service and as a result we are always trying to anticipate our guests needs. I do apologize however for the problem you experienced with your shower curtain, again we value your feedback as it allows us to better improve our guest's stay in the future. We have taken note of your observance and have set plans in motion to resolve this issue immediately. Thank you again for your kind words and we hope to see you again the next time you are in Columbus!
Norton Shores, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

We enjoyed our stay very much. We found the room to be clean and very comfortable. What stood out to us the most was the friendly, competent, and professional staff. A standout among the staff was Trusha. Her knowledge of the area was very helpful to us. We will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
holidayinnexpress06, Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, July 9, 2013
am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with Trusha, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize us. I thank you for your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

The staff is very very friendly. The rooms were nice and seemed updated. They made sure we had everything we needed and were very pleasant to speak to. Ashley and Trucia are a true asset to this hotel! As well as the night auditor.

• Stayed June 2013
I am so glad you enjoyed your stay at the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center. I have shared your wonderful comments with our team, and especially Ashley and Trusha, who was thrilled to receive an "honorable mention" in your review! I truly appreciate your willingness to take the time to recognize our hard working team. I thank you for your business and look forward to having you as our guest again soon.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a great location. It's next to the stadium and fairgrounds and right off the interstate and within a 10 minute drive to OSU or downtown. We stayed here for 2 nights and really enjoyed our time. The staff was super friendly and helpful and the rooms were very comfortable and affordable. We looked into other hotels in the city and for the price (this one includes free breakfast) and location, this place couldn't be beat. Plus free parking! Nearly every hotel downtown was charging over $20 to park. I'd definitely stay here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for selecting the Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Center to be your home away from home during your recent visit to the Columbus area. It is nice to hear that you found our location ideal and that you enjoyed all the services our hotel offers. We truly care about the quality of our guests' stay and are very glad you felt that. We hope to see you again soon!
Cincinnati
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We used this hotel as a home base for an Ohio State orientation. While Hotwire lists it as being near OSU, there are so many other choices in nicer areas closer to campus. Driving there from campus, you will go by blocks of boarded up and condemned buildings. This is not why the bad review, however, I can deal with hotels in bad neighborhoods.
In packing up, I left a Kindle Fire High Speed charger and separate lightning USB cord. Yes, this was my fault, and the hotel is not responsible for missing items. However, I realized it immediately, and because we were in a session, had to wait two hours to return. When we came back to hotel, the cord and charger had been removed from the room. However, the housekeeper insists she did not see it. The head housekeeper said he returned to the room, and also did not see it. Unless it walked away on its own, someone is not telling the truth. I know 100% I left it in room, and in two hours it is gone? We asked for compensation, which manager said she could not do. She said she would take 20% off a future stay for our trouble. (We had to wait 40 minutes while everyone searched for the charger and cord). There is no way I would ever stay at a hotel where items left by guests are not held until at least the end of the day. I could see if I came back days later, but this was two hours. The manager sent me an email after I contacted her to follow up on whether the item was found. It included a link to an Amazon listing where I could re-purchase the item which was never found by the hotel. The good thing is the breakfast was great, and the stocking people seemed to work quickly and efficiently.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, responded to this review, June 30, 2013
Dear gobux,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We take comments such as these seriously and would like to assure you that appropriate actions were taken in regards to issues you've raised during your stay. We value your feedback as they enable us to further improve the quality and services we offer and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Westover, West Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had a great time! The hotel is clean, the staff friendly and helpful!! We were particularly happy with the restaurant advice given to us by Karl at the front desk. He was very helpful in any need that we may have had.

I was also impressed by how well staffed and how well managed this hotel is. We would definitely stay here again!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us.
We hope that you have the opportunity to visit with us again.

Been to Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center

Address: 701 E Hudson Street, Columbus, OH 43211
Location: United States > Ohio > Columbus
#19 Romantic Hotel in Columbus
#46 Business Hotel in Columbus
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center 2.5*
The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel features complimentary high-speed wireless Internet, breakfast bar, indoor pool, fitness room and a meeting room. We also feature a variety of suite rooms including Jacuzzi and executive suites. The Holiday Inn Express Ohio State University and Expo Center hotel is located 1/2 mile from the Ohio Expo Center and Fairgrounds, Crew Stadium, and Ohio Historical Society as well as 1.3 miles from The Ohio State University. Our hotel is less than 5 minutes from downtown Columbus, the Columbus Convention Center and the Port Columbus International Airport (CMH) is a short 10 minute drive. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline and BookIt.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Ohio State Fair/Expo Hotel Columbus
Holiday Inn Columbus
Holiday Inn Express Columbus
Columbus Holiday Inn
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center Columbus, Ohio

If you own or manage Holiday Inn Express & Suites Ex I-71/ Oh. State Fair/Expo Center, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.