“If you need to go to OSU, stay here!” 5 of 5 stars

The Blackwell
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2110 Tuttle Park Place, Columbus, OH 43210   |
Ranked #1 of 141 hotels in Columbus
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“If you need to go to OSU, stay here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

I went to OSU for business. The OSU folks recommended the Blackwell and I can see why. The location is perfect (right on OSU campus). They offer shuttle service from the airport, and they were right on time. In the morning, the shuttle was waiting to take me to my destination. Room was nice and clean, restaurant was fine but not memorable. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

296 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

This hotel is a great find for those who are attending OSU sporting events or Schottenstein Center concerts/events. It is within walking distance of all venues, and the rooms are simply beautiful. We utilized valet parking and were only charged for one car even though we had two. You will love your stay here.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
State College, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

I loved the spaciousness of the room and the work space for two or more people. Perfect for business, or in my case, my daughter to do her homework. The location doesn't get any better if your visiting the university or have a sporting event to attend. The room was clean and the staff was very professional and courteous. The only thing, and not a deterrent, the bathroom sink is a little high. I am only 5'4", if your taller it won't be an issue. I will and have recommended The Blackwell to my clients and to anyone who is going to Columbus.

Room Tip: My room was facing the main street, which I thought would be an issue, but it wasn't. In fact I...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Hurricane, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

I needed lodging near OSU Medical and chose The Blackwell. Patient or visitor lodging includes valet parking, breakfast, WiFi and transportation to and from the hospital. I was in room 408 and had a excellent view of the OSU stadium and campus. Everything was perfect from all of the staff of which most were OSU students

• Stayed February 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed at the Blackwell in order to attend an event at the Schottenstein Center. For that, it could not have been better; less than 10 minutes and you're there. And of course, if you want to do anything on the OSU campus, this is your best bet. Valet your vehicle and start hoofing it. You're within spitting distance of the Horseshoe. Life is good!

Overall the hotel is very nice and clean. Rooms are well appointed. For the price of the room, the little touches are quite nice. A decent refrigerator? A safe? A Keurig? What? The bellmen/valets like to open the doors for guests, which is a good indication of the overall atmosphere of the hotel. The workers might be students, but they've been well trained.

The restaurant in the hotel is wonderful. We had multiple small plates for a quick supper and then a la carte breakfast items the next day. All of our food was delicious and the prices were reasonable. Room service was also very good. I had ordered a cheese tray and chocolate-covered strawberries to be delivered to our room in the evening, knowing that we would be hungry after our concert. They were waiting for us when we arrived back in our room. The cheese plate was huge, and all of the food was very tasty.

My only complaints would be that our Keurig did not work (couldn't get it to heat), and the soundproofing between rooms wasn't very good. Maybe that was because we had a connecting room, and the sound carried more than usual through the door that could've been opened into the room beside us? I don't know. But there were times that I could hear the woman in the room beside us, so I am assuming that the occupants of that room could hear us too. Sorry, strangers. But it wasn't so bad that it stopped us from getting a good night's sleep.

We would definitely stay here again. In fact, I hope we do. That's the best endorsement I can give!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

If you have business at or near Ohio State University, The Blackwell is the only place to stay. Located right on campus and is a very relaxing experience. The staff is mostly OSU students and it is interesting to talk to the students about their career paths and how they are doing. The campus and the stadium are right outside your door. Beautiful way to spend a spring morning, walking around the campus. The hotel offers everything you need for a relaxing stay, or a business stay.

Room Tip: Can use OSU Rec center for gym
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Findlay, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This hotel was awesome! The room was large and very clean. There were extras that I did not expect for the price - two bathrobes in the closet and evening service with ice and chocolates. Plenty of towels too. The room also had hot chocolate in addition to the usual coffee and tea offerings. Check in was very smooth. Although the hotel was full, it was very quiet on my floor. It was a snowy day and the sidewalks were clear and salted. I would highly recommend The Blackwell.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business

Been to The Blackwell? Share your experiences!