“Outstanding Homemade Italian” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #95 of 1,987 Restaurants in Columbus
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza & Pasta, Wine Bar, Sandwiches
Dining options: Dinner, Takeout
Description: New York Style Pizza, Pasta, Sandwiches and Salads. We also serve Beer and Wine. Hours are 4:00pm to 11:00 pm Monday through Thursday. 11:30 am to Midnight Friday and Saturday.
near Washington, DC
“Outstanding Homemade Italian”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

Borgata has really excellent no-frills homemade Italian food. Great service, downhome atmosphere, pizza-pasta-salad-sandwich menu. All quite good. The pizza is particularly outstanding (thin crust, nice homemade sauce, not too much cheese...). The marinara sauce is quite excellent and the pasta also fresh homemade. Not one of those fru-fru too fancy by a half type places. Real food done right, and reasonably priced. Definitely worth the trip. Also open pretty late.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Regained their Crown”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

Have been customer since the place opened and we absolutely loved it. There was a little hiccup as the management transitioned, but Borgata is not only back but is better than ever. First off the service, you are greeted when you walk in and thanked when you leave. You feel Ike a valued customer. The facility is very nice and clean as a pin. They cook with passion. The guys who make the pizzas obviously do it with love for what they do. A little off the beaten path but so well worth the trip. Finest NYC pizza we have found. Great ingredients and super oven create magic. One of the BEST pizzas you will find in Columbus.

“Fabulous, Fresh, Family-Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

Tonight was our second visit to Borgata and it was just as amazing as the first. It's not a convenient place for us to get to but I have a feeling we'll be going out of our way to get over there regularly. On both visits, we ordered the three cheese pizza and asked to have artichokes added even though artichokes aren't listed as a topping. The thin crust, garlic sauce, cheeses and artichokes blended perfectly. Delicious! Last time we had a pepperoni pizza as well, which was also very tasty - a nice red sauce but not too much. Both times we ordered the gnocchi with tomato cream sauce. Wow! So good that we had to eat the whole thing even though it was so filling. Be sure to get a meatball to go with it and to save the garlic bread to wipe up every drop of the sauce! This time we also tried the cavatelli with pesto sauce - nice strong basil flavor, light and not too greasy. All of this at reasonable prices, in a comfortable but not fancy environment, with friendly staff. Maybe it's good that we don't live nearby - we'd be here every other night!

Columbus, Ohio
“The most disgusting thing I've ever eaten.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I've eaten at Borgata's before, so I thought "hey, gyro pizza! Sounds interesting!" It turned out to be the most horrid thing I've ever eaten in my life. I spent $28 for a pizza and salad, and it was so bad I threw it all away. If I had been dining in the restaurant, I would have sent it back; as it was, I ordered carry-out. The crust was good as I expected, but it was heaped with this soggy mess of chopped greens, tomatoes, and creamy sauce that tasted vile and deteriorated the crust in short order. I also ordered the chef salad, and it wasn't good either. The lettuce was in enormous pieces that were challenging to eat. Also, the salad was missing items that the menu listed as its ingredients (hard boiled eggs, etc). I guess my lesson here is to stick with regular New York Style pizza if I decide to come back.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Powell, Tennessee
“YES YES YES YES YES!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

Borgata gets it and its really good!!!! Go out of your way, hitch hike, take a bus but find this place. If you like true New York Pizza then look no further. In fact, if you like pizza, pasta, gyros, grinders, deserts, then look no further. They offer up to 20" pies, it was amazing. Dough, sauces, sausages, dressings and deserts are all made fresh daily. Yes I said made fresh in house and you can tell the difference. Owned and operated by two families, this is more than just a place to eat for these people. Its like going to your grandparents house when you're a kid and you know everything is going to be really good cause grandma made it by hand and with love. We got a real kick out of the gentleman in the back who was oblivious to us watching him as he spun his dough for our pie. He was half humming,half singing a classic Italian song that reminded me of something out of the Godfather! Being from Tennessee we chatted up the staff and they were very nice and made us feel welcome. Not being on the main road, it was a little hard to find but GPS took care of that. My only negative would be that we will probably never be back in Columbus and so we wont be able to eat here again. When was the last time you enjoyed eating something so much, you ate it two days in row? We went on a Friday night and it was so good we brought a group of about 20 back on Saturday night and ate it again! Then we ate leftovers for lunch on Sunday. The ricotta cake (chocolate and lemon) where both so good that we bought all they had left and ate it as a snack on the road back to Tennessee Sunday night! Ok, I don't want to overstate this, it wasn't life changing it was just pizza. But as someone that goes out of his way to find unique places to eat whether on the road or at home, this is the best pizza I've ever had and only wish they would move to Knoxville! I've had some close, but none this good. Gyros and spaghetti were excellent also. Try it, you will go back again and again!

• Visited July 2013