“Nice venue so long as it's not too crowded” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #36 of 59 Attractions in Columbus
Type: Concerts, Theaters & Stadiums
Columbus, Ohio, USA
3 attraction reviews
“Nice venue so long as it's not too crowded”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I enjoyed LC Pavillion a lot more than I expected to. It is intimate and quite comfortable so long as the lawn area is not too crowded.

Columbus, Ohio
12 attraction reviews
“"Festival" Setup Terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

I was so excited for the Fun. with Tegan and Sara concert, expecting yet another great show at The LC. It's my favorite place to see a concert in Columbus. When I got there, I found out it wasn't the normal outdoor show but something they were calling their "festival" setting. So they doubled the number of people and put up a makeshift stage in a parking lot. It sucked.

The stage wasn't that high, so you couldn't really see the bands. There were video screens around, so you spent most of the show watching it that way. It kind of defeats the purpose of going to a live show if you just end up seeing it on TV.

It was also a very hot day and standing on the pavement rather than on the grass in the normal outdoor venue was a big difference. The beer lines were horrifically long as well.

While the bands sounded great, the festival setting ruined the show.

Salem, Ohio
“Fun on the lawn.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

I'd never been to this venue before but we drove a few hours to see the Guster/Ben Folds Five/Barenaked Ladies show. I liked the cozy atmosphere and found the crowd pretty friendly and amped up for the show. There is a mosh pit section but we stuck to the grass and sat on two blankets which kept us comfortable but couldn't keep us from getting damp, due to the day's rainy weather. Next time - PPP mastic sheeting layer for under the blankets!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
“Neat concept”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

I like that it's an indoor/outdoor space, and I enjoy venues of this size. Other venues with lawn seating tend to be really large, and you feel distant from the performers; this felt more intimate. I loved that (at least for my show) it was nearly all general admission seating.

Xenia, Ohio
3 attraction reviews
“1st visit to LC and it was a favorable one”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

Got tickets for a Social Distortion show for my B-Day at LC Pavilion. Doors opened at 6:30 and we did have to wait in line about 30 minutes or so to get in but we were a little early. Security was pleasant for a change and the place was pretty nice. I didn't get to try out the bar since I had a better than hour drive to get home afterwards but people around seemed to like it and the Pizza too. The show was great, everything was smooth. No disruptions and the building sounded good and was pretty clean throughout. Would go back to catch a show there again for sure.

Visited June 2013