“Best bed ever....” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #23 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Valparaiso, Indiana
“Best bed ever....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

I normally travel for sports with my entire family, but this weekend I was alone. So I opted fro a cheaper hotel than usual. I was pleasantly suprised by the appearance and cleanliness of my King bed suite.
Without a doubt, this was the most comfortable hotel bed ever!! Had a great night sleep.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
New York City, New York, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

Make sure you book a room on the 3rd floor: otherwise you won't be able to sleep! Very noisy on first and second floors. Some rooms need a little maintance and fresh paint; staff is not necessarily welcoming

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Friendly staff. Clean quiet rooms . Easy free parking. Safe area, ten minutes from downtown. Plenty of bars and restaurants close to hotel. Easy access to highway. Bed and pillows clean and comfortable . Only place I will every stay when I visit Columbus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

We made an unscheduled stop at this hotel while traveling cross-country for the holidays. The staff were very friendly and helpful, especially given our 1:30am arrival. The room was spacious and clean, nothing outstanding, but more than adequate for the four of us.

The only negative that causes me to mark this down to a 3 (and tempted me into a 2) was that they had major issues taking credit cards at check-in. The guy at the front desk says this happens with them a lot. Two out of three cards wouldn't run successfully, and a call to the card issuer confirmed that a charge attempt was never made. Moreover, the hotel does not accept cash payments (which I offered after their issues running a card). As it was, I had to return to my car to retrieve the backup credit card, which served to wake-up my sleeping kids (who then were very difficult to get back to sleep).

Overall, unless these check-in issues are addressed, I strongly recommend AGAINST staying at this location. It's conveniently located for cross-country trips, but not worth the check-in hassle. There are several other hotels at this interstate exit, so pick one of the other ones.

Room Tip: Don't be surprised if you have difficulties with the check-in process.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

This is very nice hotel with a lot of shopping and eating places close by.
Our room was large and clean.
There was plenty of room for their complimentary breakfast.
We will be staying there the next time we are in town.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2014

First let me say two good things about this property, beds were super comfortable, front desk staff was outstanding.

Property received an excellence award from Trip Advisor. This proper does not deserve this award!! Management has succeeded in hiring wonderful front desk staff, but the bathrooms and floors in each room (we checked three) were not clean. Hair on floor, old and mildew in bath around floor. Holes in tile where the shower head came out of wall. Shower rod was not installed properly, so the curtain would not stay closed while showering. Rod was sagging and curtain kept falling to middle of rod.

While the front desk staff asked if there was anything he could do to make us happy, unless he could have renovated the bathroom and carpets in rooms that was not possible and of course, not his fault. Management is responsible for making sure rooms are spotless and property is maintained in a normal and neat manner.

I would not recommend this hotel, there are too many hotels to choose from at this location.

Room Tip: Ask to see room before you pay..
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

Stayed there before Christmas of 2013. I booked directly on the La Quinta website. At check in, the clerk did not want to honor my La Quinta rewards. Checked in knowing I had paperwork in car. After check in went back to desk and another clerk said that I booked on Travelocity website. NO I DIDN"T! Pulled out the printed paperwork from my computer and showed them. NO PROBLEM AFTER I DEMANDED TO THEN SEE THE MANAGER! They added my membership ID right then and there and honored my points! My second heartburn was the cabinetry in the bathroom was on its last legs (OLD) My third heartburn is that at breakfast the next morning (I was early enough) the ONLY FRESH FRUIT WAS RED DUSTY APPLES THAT WERE IN THE SAME POSITION IN THE BOWL AS LAST NIGHTS DECORATION. There is a Wal-Mart directly across the street and fresh fruit is easy to obtain! I STAYED FOR THE POINTS NOT THE PRICE. Other motels in the same area to do my business. There is also a nice Chinese buffet restaurant behind it.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Columbus West - Hilliard? Share your experiences!