You added Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown to your Saves list
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #57 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
“Wow!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I was ther e for a, friends wedd ing great room great great front desk staff clean hotel very nice ... if I was you i would stay away from bistro at night if amber is working very rude complain of hotel management people she works with the whole time I was there trying to have a beer. Eat the whole time while the staff worked texting on phone .to be it seemed she hated her job ...

Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
George B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Hi Bobby,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay. I am glad you enjoyed the overall service and quality of your accommodations.

I admit I was very surprised to hear your comments regarding your Bistro experience. What you describe is not what I generally witness in this department or with the associate mentioned and either I or the General Manager are almost always on duty during the Bistro's opening hours, and indeed where present during the most recent wedding we hosted.

I have sent you a private message and would welcome further contact concerning this so that I may better assess how to make this situation right.

It's a New Stay!

George Bradley - Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Greater Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

So we stayed at the Courtyard downtown for 4 nights from Monday to Friday for work. The room was small though clean and got all amenities we needed. Our room got cleaned daily and housekeeping did a great job!
Our room location was facing the bus terminal and you can hear the bus in the morning a bit......if you are light sleeper, ask for the room on the other side but we are okay.
Location is great! close to restaurants and bars. Valet parking staffs are attentive and fast.
We would like to thank Ryan (Evening Front Desk) and Darryl (Not sure if I spell it right) for great service they provided. Thank you! Because of the staffs, we probably will stay here again when we return to Columbus.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Dear Trave1Lov3r,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! We are delighted you received excellent service from both Ryan and Daryl and excited to welcome you back in future. Thanks again.

It's a New Stay,

New Florence, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2015

We had a great stay here. The staff here couldn't do enough with big smiles and a warm, genuine attitude and willingness to help! We especially apreciiated Darral at the Front Desk for helping us with our bags without us having to ask and also Aaron, the bartender, who got all of our food and drinks out very quick even though it was a busy night and he was working alone.

We did have a small problem with housekeeping not leaving enough towels or making the bed the second day after they had cleaned our room but it was taken care of very quickly and profesionnally by the manager that evening.

Overall, we had a great stay and appreciated the friendly staff who really seemed to care about their guests.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 28, 2015
Dear CookiesForBreakfast,

Thank you so much for your review!.

I apologize for the mistake with your housekeeping service and have shared your feedback with the Executive Housekeeper to ensure no repeat of this moving forward. It was a pleasure speaking with you on the phone and I was glad I was able to make it right for you..

It was truly a pleasure hosting your family and I am so glad we were able to provide you the exceptional service you deserve! Thank you for acknowledging Daryl and Aaron. I agree that both are tremendous assets to our team here and will be recognized accordingly for their excellence in service.

Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Last week my family stayed here for 2 nights. I have no problems with the service because the staff were nice and approachable. My only concern was our houekeeping didn't clean the room properly, so we were all out all day and when we arrived in the hotel, the bed was still the same when we left. Though they clean the bathroom but still I was disappointed. I know you have standard but not arranging the bed of the guest is part of your standard too? I've been to different marriott hotels her and abroad but this is the first time I encountered this problem.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Dear Psyche08,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! While I am happy your experience of our service was as expected, I am very disappointed to hear we dropped the ball in housekeeping while you were here. This experience is by no means typical nor acceptable. We would like to look into this further and see how we can remedy the situation and make things right, so please feel free to reach out to me personally at 614-228-3200 extension 164.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2015

Let's begin with central reservations lying and saying the convention Center was a block away... It's more accurate to say 2.5. They only offer valet at $21.00 with a short guy who doesn't know the difference between yelling and talking. Once you get passed valet and central reservations you're greeted by some very helpful, knowledgable, warm and inviting well dressed staffers. A bow tie gentleman checked me in I think his name was Dale i instantly think he is the boss he spoke with ownership and authority telling me what the hotel offers, and in spite of no elevator on the ground level this man took my luggage up the stairs, and pushed the elevator button for me. He knew me by name my entire stay, and made sure that I was taken care of. The rooms are funky in a layout kind of way, but I got some good nights rest, and was able to enjoy some basketball games with a worry free stay. The bistro food is limited, but pretty good, I hate the hours, it's inconvenient and it seems no one cares. The girl was working alone, but she had the sweetest disposition and never came across defeated. Thank Goodness for other dining options though. I'd come back just see see Dale in another bow tie!!!

Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Dear Mr_CFO,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and staff on your recent stay with us. I am sorry for the rocky start and have shared your comments regarding valet and central reservations with the appropriate parties. Daryl (aka "Mr. Bow Tie"!) is a great asset to our team and your candid description of his attitude and overall service is wonderful to hear as it reflects not only my opinion of Daryl's work in general but our philosophy of empowerment and excellence that we value as a Marriott branded hotel across the board. We thank you for your kind comments about our Bistro staff also and hope you'll be back to see us soon!

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

I have to say, I have never cared much for this hotel. It was always clean, nice, and functional for travels......but what i had always had issues with were the little things. The staff never seemed like they were happy to be here, the internet never worked right, the valley took a considerable amount of time......

when I arrived on Saturday March 14th of this year i was greeted by 2 friendly valet staffers, and i was like, wow...i'm off to a good start. When i walked into the lobby, i could already tell that there had been some upgrades since my last visit, and was greeted by a very friendly front desk age named Evan. Friendly, happy, helpful, and suggestive. He quickly checked me in and told me quick hotel facts......

the room was gorgeous, comfortable, and welcoming. DEFINITELY REDONE, AND A hotel i will be more than comfortable staying at again.

when leaving my valet experience was also enjoyable with agent Tyler. Quick, friendly, and helpful.

idk if management changed and people are suddenly happy, or if after some upgrades, everyone just felt great, whatever the case, i will definitely be back

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, March 21, 2015
Dear d h,

Thank you for your kind review of our staff and property. It was a pleasure and an honor being your hotel of choice and we are thrilled you have found our hotel to be improved from your previous stays! I agree that Evan and Tyler are excellent assets to our team and we are very lucky to benefit from their excellence. We do look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay in Columbus!

George Bradley
Assistant General Manager
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2015

Located in a nice part of the Arena District. The hotel staff was really friendly and overly helpful. The overall condition of the hotel was a good shape. The swimming pool area could have been cleaned a little bit better. They should mop before us a little more often. The pool is constantly out of towels. Beware of the $21 valet parking.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, February 24, 2015
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and location. I apologize you were unhappy with the pool. I have shared your comments with the team and we will ensure we make this an area of future improvement. We look forward to seeing you again!

George Bradley - Assistant General Manager

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!