“Nice hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #60 of 141 Hotels in Columbus
Lima, Ohio
“Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Located in a nice part of the Arena District. The hotel staff was really friendly and overly helpful. The overall condition of the hotel was a good shape. The swimming pool area could have been cleaned a little bit better. They should mop before us a little more often. The pool is constantly out of towels. Beware of the $21 valet parking.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you for reviewing your stay with us. We appreciate your kind comments about our staff and location. I apologize you were unhappy with the pool. I have shared your comments with the team and we will ensure we make this an area of future improvement. We look forward to seeing you again!

George Bradley - Assistant General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
OXFORD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Stayed for a thurs-sat business trip. Flight arrived at 9:30am and we were allowed to check in immediately since rooms were available. Staff was crazy nice. Not over the top superficial, but genuinely nice people. Interacted with four or five over the course of our stay and all were wonderful. Have us honest suggestions for meals, delivery options, transportation (we didn't rent a car). Meetings at the convention center. Directly across the street from the lobby is a door - just go in there and the breezeway goes straight into the convention center. Staff provided this info for us instead of us having to figure it out. Starbucks on site. Bistro on site. Good Chinese delivery. Rooms are a little dated, but are very clean and beds are very comfortable. AND the shower pressure is great!

Stayed February 2015, traveled on business
Hi Staci,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us! I am ecstatic that our staff were able to make this a fantastic stay and look forward to sharing your review with them so they can see the kind of impact excellent service can have on our guest's experience. It was truly a pleasure having you stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Columbus, Ohio!

George Bradley - Assistant General Manager
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Only stayed the one night, a Friday Night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Same with the Valet. It was a nice, clean, and safe. It was nice and quiet for a Friday night after the hockey game. The towels and bedding were clean and very soft. Room was beautiful. Big. Awesome water pressure. HOT water. No problems getting anything extra. Towels. Coffee.

I had breakfast the next morning from the Bistro. I recommend the French toast with strawberries. It was about the best French Toast I have ever had. Good price for the quality and how much they give you.

Staff was very helpful finding places that delivered to the hotel late. They gave us menus of 4 or 5 different places that delivered til 3am.

Valet parking was $21, but I felt it was totally worth it. Pull up, they come out help you with your bags, open doors. Park the car and forgot about it. It was safe and I had access to it whenever I needed it. Very convient.

I left a couple items behind and I didn't realize til I was home, almost 4 hours after I left. They have located my items and they are working with me right now to have them returned.

It was a little pricey, but it was right near everything. Walking distance to the Arena, bars, and activities. I like our room but wasn't happy with its location. We were put on the first floor (booked several days in advance and asked for an upper level room). The room window looked right out to the pool. Luckily there wasn't a lot of people in and out of the pool being winter, but in the summer I would definitely not want that room.

The room for some reason was very, very HOT! Had the heat turned down and actually had the air going at several points. Still was very hot.

TV was nice for the room but the channel selection, cable was horrible. HORRIBLE. Way to expensive to order a movie.

I am definitely going to stay again when I am back in the area.

• Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Tina,

Thanks for staying with us and taking the time to write your review. We really appreciate your kind comments about our rooms, staff and Bistro. We enjoyed having you stay with us and look forward to seeing you again!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here with friends for 2 nights last weekend. My daughter forgot her BRAND-NEW designer down coat on the room and we checked out. Several hours later while still in Columbus we realized the coat was forgotten back in the room. We called and there was no staff to check. We drove back into the city from Polaris and they checked the room (which had been cleaned and re-rented several hours earlier). Of course nobody "saw or found anything". I was told to call housekeeping in the a.m. They called me the next morning and said "we don't have your coat, nor did anyone turn it in..sorry you LOST IT". WE didn't go anyplace else with the coat. We drove back to CLEVELAND in a BLIZZARD and my daughter had NO COAT TO WEAR. I received a call on Tues from the Mgr...dissertating to ME how housekeeping would NEVER take anything. Etc... So I GUESS I AM A LIAR???? ! STILL NO CALL BACK..1 week ago today! I hope the houseKEEPER likes her New $300 MIchael Kors Down Coat & leather gloves!!! Wow so glad I'm a rewards member!! It means nothing. Still no phone call or COMPENSATION

• Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Gemluvr18k,

Thanks for your review. Your concerns have been addressed via the Marriott Customer Care platform. We appreciate the candor of your comments and look forward to serving you better next time you visit Columbus.

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Usually stay at the Residence Inn but the one up the street was booked out and I needed to be downtown for my business needs. Was pleasantly surprised by this place. It's located right in the middle of of everything, convenient to the business area. I'm not a huge fan of paying for breakfast which I guess is becoming the norm with hotels now and why I choose the Residence Inn when I can but the food from the on-site restaurant was surprisingly good and breakfast options in downtown Columbus are limited. The room was very clean and served the needs of a business traveler. Reason for the high score was definitely the staff. Everybody took the time to smile and ask me how my stay was. Valet guys were efficient and freindly. Front Desk and Bistro AM staff very nice. The Manager George checked me in and I have to say it was one of the best welcome experiences I've had in years at hotels. He found me a great room, made me feel instantly at home and even gave me his business card so I could let him know personally if I needed anything. I do have mobility problems from a car accident so was grateful he insisted on carrying my bags to the room for me. Great service and I will be back.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor to avoid traffic noise
  • Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
Dear Tom K,

Thank you for reviewing your recent stay with us here at Courtyard Columbus! On behalf of all our team, it was a pleasure hosting you and we are glad we were able to exceed your expectations. I appreciate your compliments regarding cleanliness and staff service as those are two of our main priorities. Courtyard as a brand does not offer breakfast as part of most rates, which allows us to exceed our competitors "free" offerings by providing heightened quality and variety in our menu. We look forward to seeing you again next time!

Saline, MI
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stayed here for one night while in town for a family wedding. This hotel is very nice. It's new, clean and updated. I'd defitnitely stay here again. The only odd thing is that you have to take stairs to get to the elevator, which means you can't bring up/take down your own bags. A bellhop has to do it, which means you need to tip them. They use a special cargo elevator on the side that guests cannot use. We are capable of loading our own bags and taking them down to the car, so that irritates me. Other than that, they seemed to have had everything from the pool, weight room & Starbucks - although we didn't use any of that. They also had a little market with snacks and drinks which we also did not utilize. Overall, very nice hotel.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled with family
Dear FarminRaeRae,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I am glad to hear you had a great stay and enjoyed our building and amenities. Our building is over 120 years old and for reasons of historical preservation are unable to modify the building without irrepairably damaging or destroying the original architecture, which we feel obliged to keep for preservation. I apologize if this feature causes any inconvenience. Our bell staff are trained to proactively assist guests but wish to make it clear that tipping is not expected for their services. If you would like to discuss your experience further, please feel free to contact me 614-228-3200 xt 164. Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcoming you back next time your travels bring you to Columbus!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2015

I was in Columbus on business. Stayed at the Courtyard Downtown. Room was exactly what I needed and the price was reasonable. The hotel staff was friendly and professional, helped to select a local restaurant.

• Stayed January 2015, traveled on business
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, January 23, 2015
Dear Kevin56003,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay was good and look forward to welcoming you next time you visit Columbus!

Assistant General Manager - Courtyard Columbus Downtown

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!