“Great, amazing and spacious room!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #68 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Columbus, Ohio
“Great, amazing and spacious room!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

I had a friend fly in from Boston this past weekend so we decided to party it up in Columbus on Saturday night. I decided to be cheap and went with priceline and I have to admit that I am so glad that we got this hotel. The room was amazing and the beds were very comfortable. I love the separate work area for people who are traveling for business and the fact that it was within walking distance to the Arena District. I feel like I go tlucky with this room. Windows were a little high so you couldn't really look out of them but the decor was still nice. The one downfall was that I was not informed by priceline or by the hotel when I called to make a request for a double bed room that there is a charge of $21 a night for valet parking. I was ok with this upon my arrival to the hotel. I parked on the street at first and just fed the meter but the moved it into valet for a couple hours. I got my car out of valet when we got back to the room around midnight so we could go grab a late night snack and when I returned I left my keys with the clerk at the front desk like I wa told to do by the guy running the valet. I went up to the room, ate, showered, watched some tv and when I came down 2 hours later to smoke a cigarette out front of the hotel I was very discouraged to see that my car was still sitting right where I left it in front of the building. I went in, I wouldn't say I complained but I don't see a point in paying for valet when they aren't going to be parking my car for me. I got my keys back from the nice lady working and she adjusted my bill for me and I simply parked my car across the street for free since it was after 10PM and parking is also free on Sundays. Overall, it was a good experience except for the mishap with the valet.

Room Tip: I originally asked for a room that was higher up and I was given one on the second floor. I don'...
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

I'm in Columbus on business a lot and I've stayed at various hotels in the downtown area. This Courtyard is ok. If you have issues with stairs, you should probably choose a different hotel (there are plenty in the area). There are stairs in this hotel you cannot easily avoid. The bellhop said there was no way to avoid the stairs and to just take my time trying to navigate the stairs. After I got to the room, however, the front desk staff told me about the handicap elevator and said I could "use it if I wanted to" but I could never figure out how to call it and make it work. So, choose between 8 steps or 13. Depends on what floor you are coming from and what floor you want to go to. The lobby/street level is located between the lower level (basement) and the first floor of the hotel. Enough about stairs. The room was your typical, average hotel room. It had a mini-fridge. Heating unit worked fine. The room was clean.

Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear AAHolt,

Thank you for taking the time out to review your recent stay with us! We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience regarding our stairs - as a historic building I agree we do have a somewhat unconventional design, but our friendly staff are always available to assist with any challenges. Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness and repair of our accommodations. We prioritize both of these areas very highly and are glad you were satisfied with your room. Please come back and see us soon!

Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed at this hotel for my girlfriends birthday. I had a free night voucher and booked this hotel over the phone and simply told the booking agent it was my girlfriends 24th birthday and we wanted to stay downtown just for the heck of it. Upon arrival George checked us in, said happy birthday to my gf,then upgraded us to a suite on the 5th floor, then brought us a bottle of wine, gave us free breakfast coupons and comped our parking! The vip experience was the best hotel service I have ever had, and I travel often for work. My girlfriend had an amazing experience and loved everything about this hotel. The suite was awesome and packed with amentites. The lobby was clean and well kept and the other staff members were very friendly to us! We simply thought we'd get a standard room and be close to downtown bars and have a nice night only to be completely wowed and treated like we were celebs. I will stay here again and would recommend this hotel to everyone. Kudos to George and his staff, and Thank you for the great experience!

Stayed November 2014, traveled as a couple
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear tab32,

Thank you so much for reviewing your stay with us! Our whole team is proud to go above and beyond for our guests and we are delighted we were able to provide such a wonderful experience for you both. I am delighted to hear your girlfriend enjoyed her birthday celebrations. We all hope to see you both again sometime soon!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked the Hotel for our wedding night. I had told ether in advance this and wanted to do something special. I had heard many hotels and wonderful experience on their wedding nights. It took awhile to get a valet and then it was $21 dollars to park there over night It was the only place to park and we were not told this upfront. The room was clean. Nothing special at all and the view was a parking garage. Not even a congratulations when we arrived in our suit and gown. I will not go back for any kind of celebratory event. The bed had you sink into the middle. I had booked a king size bed it it was a full to queen at best.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
George B, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Kimberly,

Thank you for reaching out to us regarding your recent stay at our hotel, and congratulations on your recent marriage! On behalf of us all, we wish you both many happy years together!

I am so sorry to hear our staff dropped the ball on making your wedding night special. I particularly regret that our staff failed to properly acknowledge the significance of the occassion and that you were disappointed with aspects of your experience. Please rest assured we will address this with our staff and hope you will give us another chance in future to wow you with a great stay...

If I can be of further assistance, please call me directly on (614) 228-3200, extension 164.

Mentor, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Clean and comfortable, close to the nationwide arena where we were headed for a concert
The staff was helpful. The valet service was quick and efficient. The room was comfortable and clean. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying overnight for a concert or performance at the Nationwide Arena.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
George B, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear mbmarl,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate your compliments regarding our staff and location and hope you will come back and see us soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2014

I was pleasantly surprised. I am a Platinum Marriott traveler. The rooms are modern and clean. I really enjoyed this hotel. The cafe downstairs has a very nice cook to order breakfast. The only bad thing is the $21 charge for valet parking. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2014

Our stay at the Courtyard Marriott was a pleasant experience. The front desk and valet staff were welcoming and pleasant. Our room was clean and we our only issue was that we put our "do not disturb" tag on the door while we were gone, and housekeeping came in and cleaned our room anyways.
The hotel within walking distance to the Nationwide hockey arena, the North Market, and all the shops and restaurants along High St. We evened walked to German Village, but that was quite a hike.
Overall I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The rooms at the ends of the hallway, were awkwardly shaped, and kind of a tight fit.
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!