“Great Place for Red, White & Boom” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #73 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Springfield, Ohio
“Great Place for Red, White & Boom”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2014

We stayed at this hotel on the night of Red, White and Boom. Location-wise, this place was super. We (family if four) easily walked to a grassy area about 5 blocks west to see the fireworks. Room was clean, spacious, and very nice. Hotel was above avg. Restaurant was not very appealing. We did not try it. My biggest complaint was the air conditioner. Though it worked and the temp was comfortable, it was very loud. It sounded like the wind outside was blowing up a hurricane, when in reality it was the air conditioner. My 9 year old twice looked out the window to see the storm, only to realize it was the air conditioner making all the noise. Otherwise, it was a very good stay for our trip. I would stay there again.

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If it wasn't for the guys who park your car (great) I would give this property the lowest rating possible. I left my room on Friday morning at 9:45 A.M. and returned to a room that had not been serviced at 7:30 P.M. Complained to the front desk and at least I got a couple of clean towels. Old style air conditioner in the room ran all the time (noisy) and was either freezing or blowing hot air. Plenty of other choices in downtown Columbus so choose another.

I stay at Courtyards all over the US and this property is certainly not up to Marriott standards.

Room Tip: Pick another hotel in the area.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I was in town for one night and it happened to be on the day of the Pride Parade. Columbus was crazy -- roads were closed, hotels were booked, and traffic was nuts. At the hotel there is a small valet parking area in front (it could be a little bigger). I was late for a wedding but I had to change clothes, and the valet held my car in that little spot so I could check in and change clothes. Very kind.
I was in room 514, which is a huge suite. It had a living room with a sofa and chairs, a large TV, and good sized table (similar to a conference table) with a number of chairs. A small kitchen-like area, large hallway, bathroom, and a wonderful bedroom. The bed was awesome!
This room has upgraded things like light fixtures, bath towels, closets, that sort of thing. In a city where there was not a hotel room to be had, $304 per night for a suite like this was a steal.
Good restaurant and bar with friendly servers and bartenders. There is a $$ breakfast buffet that looked inviting. We had dinner at the restaurant and the food was so-so.
Would stay here again!

Room Tip: go for the suite!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Jenna R, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard Columbus Downtown. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our newly renovated rooms and Bistro met your satisfaction. We’re happy to have you as our guest and thank you again for your review.
Raleigh, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

We stayed here two nights. Very nice room, double beds, a little loft area enclosed with white rails where you can read or use the laptop desk or full desk.The decor was modern, eclectic, tasteful. The lobby and common areas were nice as well. The location was wonderful! Lots of places to dine in walking distance. The walk dowtown was good. The thumbs down? Parking is the pits. Would I stay here again? Yes! If I'm ever in this area again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jenna R, Assistant General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you so much for your response. We’re happy to hear your enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back should your travels bring you to Columbus again!
Benicia, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel due to it's proximity to the business I was visiting. The people were friendly, and the bed was comfortable, but that is about it.
- No parking, if you get there with your car, it is $18 per day valet parking.
- This time I did not rent a car and took a cab from the airport. It took five minutes for the little loading space in front of the hotel to clear up, so I can get out.
- One of the two elevators was out of service during my whole stay, quite a wait at certain times.
- Construction was going on just otside my window, starting at 8 AM till 5 PM.
- This is a very old building, and they tried to renovate it, but it did not turn out pleasing or functional. The design of the rooms is even worse.
- The food at the cafe at the lower level was so so, but the servers were friendly.

Overall the service was good, but there are several hotels I would choose next time, even though they may be a little more expensive.

Room Tip: Request upper levels, and until the construction is completed, ask for the street side.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Jenna R, AGM at Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown, responded to this review, June 23, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and bringing these concerns to my attention. I apologize that we did not meet your expectations. I assure you that we have taken your comments into consideration for improving our property and overall guest experience. We hope you'll give us another chance to provide a more positive stay in the future.
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I always enjoy staying at Courtyard hotels and this one was no exception.
You may need a car while you are here since everything in the immediate area closes early and you will need to drive a bit to get to good dinning.
The hotel is fresh and new feeling, so no complaints at all.
There is some construction taking place on one side of the hotel, but I never heard it until I was outside.
The staff is friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Cecil, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014

My husband and I were traveling to Columbus to attend a hockey game at the Nationwide Arena. Check-in was great, as it was raining and the valet met us immediately with umbrellas and assisted us with our luggage. The Hotel itself is average. Nice, but nothing great. The room was on the street side, which was a little eerie, but we kept the curtains shut anyway as it was a rainy day/night. The Front Desk were friendly, but when asked about a referral for a restaurant/bar, the person was not familiar with the area and could not make a recommendation. The restaurant/bar in the Hotel is not what you would expect. The hours are spotty. The service was terrible. It closes very early. We got there 10 minutes before closing and they did not want to wait on us (which is counter service) It looks like a grammar school cafeteria, with three bar stools at the counter where you order food. There were many people who came in after us and were not served because the staff were hiding in the kitchen. This Marriott is losing money by not having a better restaurant and food.

Room Tip: If you are visiting Columbus to visit Nationwide Arena, I would look elsewhere. There are places cl...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Columbus Downtown? Share your experiences!