“Worst Service!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris

You added Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris to your Saves list
Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Mediterranean Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Columbus - North)   |
Hotel virtual tour
Special Offer
Stay 2+ Nights - Save 20%
Ranked #130 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Manama, Bahrain
“Worst Service!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The worst ever experience till date. We reached on April 23rd, 2015 with confirmed reservation for 3 nights. On reaching the hotel, we approached the receptionist, an old Indian guy (he told us his name was Mr. Mahesh), guess the same Indian guy the other travelers wrote bad reviews on. Okay, at first, he said there is no booking in our name. Once we showed him the confirmed booking along with the confirmed reservation no from Expedia, he replied saying Expedia hasn't contacted them & neither do they consider all Expedia reservations. Secondly, he said there is no rooms available & all rooms are fully booked!!.. After arguing for couple of mins, he said he will give us the room only in the condition that we contact Expedia to fax him the confirmed reservation AND also we present him with our credit card just to be on safer side that we don't damage any property & smoke in the room.
Going to the room, we were in for another shocker, the room was filled with bad odor & smoke, TV was running, sheets was on the floor, bed stains on the bed, plus some thing wrapped in the bed sheet with blood on it!!!...we went back to reception & complained, to which he replied maybe the cleaners forgot to clean & they are gone for the day!!
Next we demanded we get a room, he said to get lost. We called Expedia & they said they would contact the hotel, this man won't answer their calls & once we confronted him to answer the calls, he replied saying he is busy!!!
We told him saying we wont leave the premises till we get the room. He told us to get out of the premises or he will call the cops telling we are creating ruckus on the premises. We told him to go ahead, he then disappeared to some room, after a while we left the hotel & found a guy spying on us & noting down our licence plate. Thankfully Expedia was able to relocate us to another hotel...
We would NOT RECOMMEND this hotel to any normal human being. Please stay away from this hotel if you don't want to start your trip on a bad note!!!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This was the worst experience ever! I had made my reservation through expedia. When I arrived at the hotel an older indian gentleman was working the front desk, when I told him I had a reservation told him my name, he then asked for my drivers license and told me that I did not have a reservation and that I was to call expedia. I had a confirmation number and everything, he wasn't taking it. So I called Expedia they confirmed my reservation, but the gentleman not sure if I should call him that was not accepting it, said expedia would have to fax confirmation. Caught him in a lie he had my debit card information, funny how would he have this info if he didn't have my reservation information in front of him? All I gave him was my license. He was rude, hotel looked dirty and I was like forget this I do not need to be treated like this! Left and stayed at the hilton Garden Inn very nice hotel and staff. I'm calling Lexington inn suits corporate on Monday. Something needs to be done about this hotel! My advice stay away. If your staying in Columbus get off on exit 121 much nicer area and hotels.

Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Monroe, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Room was paid by my daughter personally. She check the room before she left. Nice desk clerk Derek took care of everything. We get there another desk clerk is there. I tell we have reservations and give our name he says we have to have ID and credit card before he can check us in. I can understand ID but why credit card when the room is already paid for. We had to wait in our car for 30 mins for Derek to come on. The information was taped to the desk which the older man did not look at or even look in computer. I am only giving them a higher rating than anyone else because the room was clean and we slept well. Derek was so nice he wrote a nice note of apology and left us 2 bottles of water, two bottles of tea and some candy. Thank you Derek please train the old man or retire him.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Toledo, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

I arrived in town about 1230 PM and wanted to check out the hotel and see if my room was ready. Was greeted by a nice man who said it was not and no problem since it was not close to check in time. Went about my business for the day and came back about 9PM to check in and WOW...what a change in people and attitude (sure wish the day man was there) walked in the lobby and waited for over 10 minutes and no one was around. Finally an older indian man appeared and first off never greeted me and then started to ask me a question and I could hardly understand him then the phone rang so I stepped back to wait and he had the phone to his ear and was still asking me questions. He was still on the phone and pointing to the sign (please talk to me when you get off the phone, I will wait) that said a $200 deposit was needed for a non smoking room and I had no idea there was to be that type of charge. After trying to discuss with him my situation and that I wanted to change my reservation for just one night, I was told he could not make cancellations that I would have to call the 800 number, it was clear he could have cared less and I have never been treated more rudely in my life. He needs to go to customer service training but I am guessing that he is a miserable old man and no type of training will help him.
I turned around and left and went to the Clarion nearby...great customer service there and worht the extra$ spent to be treated humanly.
DO NOT STAY HERE......EVER!
Let me repeat myself....DO NOT STAY HERE, ya it is cheap and I sure learned my lesson you get what ya pay for and with this hotel you get even less.
BIG MISTAKE...stay somewhere else even if the cost is a little more. Run down area with boarded up motel on one side. Eeerriieeeee

Room Tip: Not worth it.....go someplace else
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Cleveland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2015

Had made a reservation Saturday afternoon. They took my information and then gave me a confirmation. We arrived late Saturday night after spending the whole day in Downtown Columbus. Took our luggage out of the car and went in. The lady looked worried as soon as I starting walking to the front desk. I told her I had a reservation and was checking in. She told me that everyone has checked in and they don't have any rooms available. I gave her my confirmation number and still nothing. As I was waiting an older gentleman came down from a room and said that they just checked in and have no tv, no microwave, needs clean sheets, and towels. To me that is crazy. Seems that this is a very poorly managed hotel. We then left. As I was a few miles on the freeway the hotel called and told me she found my room. I was not about to turn back and told her that I am no longer interested and to make sure my card does not get charged. It is now Monday morning and my card is charged.It says pending but if it goes through and I don't have my money back within a day I am reporting them to BBB. Then calling the health inspector because from what I can tell from the dirtiness of the parking lot the inside has got to be a nightmare. Very glad we didn't stay after reading other peoples reviews. The area looks a little bit shady as well.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled with family
Grayslake, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2015

Worst experience I've ever had with a hotel. My boyfriend and I arrived around 6pm after a grueling 8 hour drive. We were staying in Columbus for the Arnold Classic. I reserved the room via LexingtonHotels.com about 5 months in advance. We walk up to the front desk to an unpleasant Indian man who barely spoke English. He looked up my reservation with my drivers license and told me I did not have a reservation. I pulled out the RESERVATION NUMBER to show him and he insisted I did not have a reservation and to call the 1-800 number for Lexington Hotels. I then called the number and spoke to a woman who told me she saw my reservation in the system. She then wanted to speak to the man at the front desk. He REFUSED to talk to her on my phone and said she needed to call the hotel line. She said she was an inbound call center and could not make outbound calls. Since the man at the front desk refused to speak with her, she said she would fax my confirmation to the hotel. I hung up the phone with her and the man at the front desk said that even if she faxes my reservation over that the hotel is completely booked and I would not be able to get a room anyways. UNREAL! He did not say sorry once or show any type of remorse. He was the rudest human being I have ever had to deal with in my life. Clearly, I had a reservation and they double booked my room. Whoever checked in before me got the room. There was another woman in the lobby who had the exact same thing happen to her! My boyfriend and I then had to call numerous hotels to try to find a room on one of the busiest weekends in Columbus. All we wanted at this point was some where to sleep. We ended up staying at the Best Western Plus down the road with extremely helpful workers who found us a room last minute. Do yourself a favor, and NEVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2015

I had booked a room for a two night stay for Friday January 30th 2015- Feb 1st 2015 at the Lexington Inn in Columbus, Ohio. I have had this room booked through a travel agency since December 2014. The day I arrive, around 4:00pm on the 30th, I encountered a very rude and unhelpful desk clerk. There were two people ahead of me having complaints themselves, and the desk clerk was extremely rude and temperamental with them. Which gave me an indication that this wasn't a decent place to stay.

When it was my turn at the desk, he told me that the room wasn't booked, and that I would have to call the travel agency. So, I called Expedia and the representative called the hotel. The desk clerk answered the phone, told the Expedia representative that he "was busy", and hung up on her. She came back on the line with me and told me that she would fax over a certification since the desk clerk wouldn't speak to her. She sent over the certification, and I waited ten minutes before going back in the hotel. I told the desk clerk that Expedia sent over the certification, and he went in the back to get it.

After all this, I was then told that they didn't have the room I booked, and that I would have to pay more to get another room. I was already late to a convention, so I booked another hotel room across the convention center because I did not have the time to deal with this unhelpful desk clerk any longer. Now, I already paid through Expedia, and they have been trying to get a hold of the hotel so I can get a refund.

However, their calls go unanswered, and I have paid for a hotel that I didn't even stay at with a room that wasn't there for me. I am extremely upset and disappointed with the way this was handled, and the unprofessional manner of the desk clerk working at the time. Don't ever stay here.

Stayed January 2015, traveled with friends

Been to Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris? Share your experiences!