“Watch your belongings!” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris

You added Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris to your Saves list
Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1111 Mediterranean Avenue, Columbus, OH 43229 (Formerly Country Inn & Suites Columbus - North)   |
Ranked #124 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Farndon, null, United Kingdom
“Watch your belongings!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2014

Booked hotel online for two nights. Upon arrival it looked run down compared to pictures. Checked in went to room. Carpet was stained badly, bathroom looked disgusting, lamp shades were broken. This place is in dire need of a make over and looks nothing like pictures. We settled in for the night turning on the heater and it caught fire. White smoke billowed out with a bad smell. Went to front desks about it, they didn't seem fazed by it but offered us a new room. The new room was a bit cleaner but was afraid the shower curtain was gonna fall off wall. Everything seemed ok, but we should of left and asked a refund. The second day housekeeping didn't even make beds, but moved things around in our room. We checked out and once home my daughter realized she left her stuffed toy on the bed. I called down and was told I had to call the next morning which I did 6 times and no answer then called again and was told to call in an hour. After an hour called again now the eighth call and was told that I had to call in morning. After getting snotty Finally the man at the front desk got ahold of housing keeping which is a man and his wife. Housekeeping came on phone and said no they don't have it. Before I could even talk or ask any questions he transferred me back to front desk. I know that toy was sitting on the bed that morning so this business stole a child's comfort toy. Shame on them! Beware of this hotel and watch your belongings.

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed November 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

I guess I was lucky, as I had no problems with this hotel. When I arrived at 6:30 am, I was informed by the front desk that I was not going to be charged for that night. The breakfast on Saturday was cool and the room was nice and quiet. Definitely need a car to get around, nothing around but gas stations and fast food places.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2014 via mobile

We were in town meeting up with our boys for Oktoberfest and a Crew game. All of our usual hotels were booked because,of all of the events in town. We chose this hotel because it was close to where we wanted to go and to the interstate. And it was the only thing close that wasn't dirt cheap. The guy who checked us in didn't want me to sign for the second room even though it was a single reservation, and I paid with my card. I listed my son on the room because Orbitz asked for it. He finally let me sign my son's name when it told him that he wouldn't be getting in until after midnight. The guy was really annoyed with me. The bathroom floor had built up dirt and dust and soap scum. The shower head was so clogged with hard water stains that it spit water at you. I noticed the next morning when I went down for coffee the new desk clerk averted her eyes anytime anyone walked by instead of greeting people. The next night, after a long raffia jam coming out of the stadium, my son's room key wouldn't work. He went down and the girl said no, it has to be your mom. He came to tell me and I said the room is in your name. He went back and she still wouldn't give him the new key. I had to get dressed and go down. She didn't even ask for my ID she just looked at us and said" room number?" There was a guy next to her who looked at my husband and said something about everyone looks like they are a little upset but this is for security reasons. I explained the first guy made such a big deal about not signing for my son's room and now you won't let him have a key to his own room. The girl,and the guy responded "who checked you in? He's probably the new guy." Excuse me? That is not my responsibility! I thought it was weird that there was a bouncer at the front desk and we were clearly annoying him and the girl by needing a new key. The whole thing was ugly and it didn't have to be. The staff at this hotel needs overhauled. I can stay just about anywhere if the bathrooms are clean and the staff is friendly. It wasn't this place!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2014

I stayed there August 30th, the temperature was 90 degrees outside and they put me in a room with no air conditioning. I was told the only other rooms available didn't have A/C working. The girl at front desk rude, very unfriendly. Made a complaint still haven't heard from anyone, it's been a week and a half

• Stayed August 2014
Shreve
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Not in Polaris. We were not given the room we reserved and when we asked for extra pillows cause my kids had to sleep on the couch now they said the didn't provide extras! The floors were soakin wet. Never again

• Stayed August 2014
Lewisburg
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2014

Hotel is a very modest hotel with extremely affordable pricing. This is an economy hotel with above-average amenities. Check-in/check-out was quick and easy. Breakfast was limited (but what can one expect for such economical rates?). Carpets in the hallways and in the room had some staining and soiling but nothing egregious. The hotel didn't stink or anything as someone indicated in earlier reviews. The parking lot was dimly lit. Had a few ants in my room. Toiletries were above average. Had some ghetto dudes roaming the parking lot but they weren't bothering anyone. Overall an economy hotel perfect for a one-night no-frills stay.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Youngstown, Ohio, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2014

The lobby looks very nice. The rooms were okay. The bathroom was very clean. The beds were comfortable. The woman at the desk when we checked in, acted like she had an attitude. And we requested a rollaway bed, she said she would check to see if any where available. After an hour, we asked again and she said she had been too busy to check. The staff at night seemed friendlier. They even got us the roll away bed. Continental breakfast was a JOKE! Bread, muffins had fruit flies all over them. Coffee was horrible! Only had oranges and they looked old. Silverware was not in plastic so anyone could touch the silverware. We ended up going to the Perkins which was within walking distance. The indoor pool was closed. Looked like it had been closed for awhile. It's an ok place if you are just passing through town and need to stay overnight. Worth the price. Was within walking distance of Perkins, Giant Eagle and Wendy's.

• Stayed July 2014

Been to Lexington Inn and Suites Columbus North/Polaris? Share your experiences!