“Airport Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #61 of 142 Hotels in Columbus
Rocky Point, NC, USA
“Airport Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hotel is close to the airport and has a shuttle that actually took us to the airport at 4AM! The hotel was clean, although I could smell old cigarette smoke in the halls. The staff was helpful. The complimentary breakfast was good. We stayed here both on the way to our cruise and when we came back.
Coming back we were told to call for the shuttle immediately on landing, as we landed at 11:30 PM. Our luggage was lost, so we had to fill out papers,etc. When we came out, the shuttle was not there. Another call to Regina and she called the driver, Cedric, who was on his way home. He saved the "night" by coming back and taking us to the hotel. GOLD STARS FOR CEDRIC

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 24, 2014
Rachel F:

Thank you for your contribution to Trip Advisor about your recent stay. We are pleased that you were able to take advantage of the Park & Stay package at our hotel as it is a wonderful option for travelers leaving from the Port Columbus Airport. Additiionally, I would like to thank you for the kind words about our team, specifically Cedric. We look forward to sharing your feedback with him and our entire team and look forward to visiting with you during your next trip to Columbus, OH.

Country Inn & Suites Columbus-Airport, OH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
cincinnati
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

We were in town with a group of 8 families June 28th. The check in for us was smooth and early. We got a non smoking room but the hallways were ripe with old cigarette smoke. I felt safe only in my room from the odor. The front desk told one of our parties who arrived in the evening that there was no more rooms. Even though we had a block of rooms and were expecting her. I guess hey were sold out and gave away her room???

I read about the good comments about Cedric and laughed. I didn't see that side. We had kids in the pool area and it was getting close to 11 when the kids have to get out. He opens the pool door at 10:55 (he said he doesn't go by he pool clock which must be 5 min slow), sees all of the kids and families in the tiny pool area and yells "Hey!" . He is yelling at everyone to get out and the pool is closed. The pool closes at midnight but he acted like he had enough. His approach was completely unprofessional. I felt this was unprovoked and extremely rude to treat 5 families like they were children. We expressed to Cedic, who is from Shreveport based on his name tag, that we were taken back from his demeanor and sense of power to kick everyone out of the pool. He stood there at the door like a police officer with it open trying to usher 8yr old children out the door. Everyone was shocked at this encounter. We asked to speak with his manager and he said there wasn't any and proceeded to argue with us all. We said there should be a supervisor to talk to and he said they wont be in until Monday. This was a Saturday night. I felt that this very unprofessional and disrespectful.

We booked this location because of the pool and free breakfast. The indoor pool is very small. It is extremely hot in there for anyone that is not swimming. Think sauna. There is a door to the outside from the pool area that didn't seem to lock either and had no key entry. Many people that parked in the back would open the pool door and walk through the pool to get to the lobby.

At least there is free breakfast. Typical bagels, cereal, biscuits. The food is soggy and the eggs are undercooked. They have a waffle maker but I couldn't tell you how they tasted because they ran out of batter by 9:30. I felt bad for the lady working the breakfast since she was murmuring frustration with the large crowd. Seating was very tight. Maybe this was their first sell out and everyone freaked.

The ladies behind the desk were nice as was the older man in the late evening working the front after the Cedric fiasco. The housekeepers had a smile and a kind word for the kids everytime we passed.

I was more than anything just stunned by the attitude and unprofessionalism from Cedric who said he was the Assistant Manager. I travel a lot and felt this place was far from hospitable. I want to throw up that i gave money to a hotel that employs someone that is so unprofessional. I'm even on their rewards program! I should have asked for my money back.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Thank you fro your review. I first want to sincerly apologize for your issues you had during your stay. I want you to know we take your comments very seriously and will be looking into correcting them. Our numbuer one consern is always our guest and we will be making sure this will never happen again. From all of us Counrty Inn and Suites we thank you for your review and greatly apologize the issues you had.
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Enjoyed our one night stay here before a race in downtown Columbus. The decor is what we've come to expect from Country Inns and felt as homey and inviting as always. The desk clerk was extremely pleasant and welcoming. Liked being able to grab an apple after our drive. We were able to extend our check-out time which meant we were able to shower before heading home. It was refreshing to know housekeeping was made aware of this and didn't try to rush us out so they could get in. We were up and out early so I can't comment on breakfast or other facilities but as far as the room goes, we had no complaints. There are fast food restaurants within walking distance- we opted to cross the highway to Wendy's and even at night felt safe doing so.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 29, 2014
thank you for you review. I am glad to hear you had a pleasant stay and that we were able to accommodate you and your needs. We appriciate you choosing to stay with us.

Sincerly The Management Staff at the County Inn and Suites
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

I've stayed here for days at a time and I've enjoyed everyday there. The hotel employees are very kind and respectful. They treated with me with the upmost respect and embraced me as if they knew me for years. I will be back

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for your review. I wanted to express to you our joy hearing about your stay. We all look forward to your return.

Sincerly Country Inn and Suites Management Staff
Vincent
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

I was traveling to Oklahoma from the Columbus Airport and I wanted a park & stay package at a hotel so that I wouldn't have to worry about airport parking etc.
Anyway, I booked this hotel and I was so pleased. The staff was great and very helpful in providing information regarding their parking policies and shuttle service. I paid a rate of $124 to stay one night and leave my car there for 11 days which I thought was a great deal! My room was a king suite which was very nice, neat, clean and comfortable and also quiet. They have a nice hot breakfast. The shuttle driver was polite and prompt on getting me to the airport and also on my return from the airport back to the hotel to get my car. It was just so nice! I didn't get anyone's name but truthfully all the staff that I had any dealings with were wonderful! I would highly recommend this hotel especially if you are traveling and don't want the hassle of airport parking, etc.

Room Tip: The king suite is really nice...the bed is in a seperate room with french doors and then you have a...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Georgette B:

Thank you so much for your contribution to Trip Advisor about your recent stay at our hotel. Our Park & Stay package is a great option for travelers leaving from Port Columbus and is one of our more popular options. Additionally, thank you for the kind words about our team. Our staff really appreciates the acknowledgement and work very hard to create a great customer service experience.

Thank you for choosing the Country Inn & Suites that we will look forward to visiting with you during your next trip to Columbus, OH.

Sunnyvale, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

Book this hotel just to meet Cedrick! Always prompt, polite, always gets my bags for me. He's a prime example of positive attitude, even in the face of bad news. Even has a cheerful "That's OK" when I don't have change to tip him.

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear 140Bob:

First and foremost, thank you for the wonderful review. Our team was excited to read your feedback and to be able to share your kind words with Cedric.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to recognize him for a job well done and we will look forward to visiting with you during your next trip to Central Ohio.

Pleasant City, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel on the weekend of Rock on the Range. The hotel was clean. Breakfast buffet had a very good selection, plus the staff kept it open late since a large number of guests were going to the concert. Our only complaint was they wouldn't shuttle us back & forth to Crew Stadium for the concert. (A lot of hotels in Columbus provide that service.) The hotel is 10 minutes from the stadium. The gentlemen working the evening shift were not friendly, however the ladies during the day were over the top friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Dear ericasmom1:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in May 2014 and in reading your comments, I understand your concerns about providing transporation to the event. We have looked into this and have discovered that due to our arrangement with the airport and the availability with the shuttle, we would be unable to fulfill our scheduled obligations with families and business travelers in town not attending the event if the shuttle were committed to the concert attendees.

I appreciate your feedback and would be honored if you would consider staying with us again should you decide to attend next year's concert or for any reason that brings you to Columbus.

Country Inn & Suites Columbus-Airport, OH

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!