“shuttle bus” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #66 of 140 Hotels in Columbus
Pleasant City, Ohio
“shuttle bus”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel on the weekend of Rock on the Range. The hotel was clean. Breakfast buffet had a very good selection, plus the staff kept it open late since a large number of guests were going to the concert. Our only complaint was they wouldn't shuttle us back & forth to Crew Stadium for the concert. (A lot of hotels in Columbus provide that service.) The hotel is 10 minutes from the stadium. The gentlemen working the evening shift were not friendly, however the ladies during the day were over the top friendly.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Dear ericasmom1:

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on Trip Advisor. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us in May 2014 and in reading your comments, I understand your concerns about providing transporation to the event. We have looked into this and have discovered that due to our arrangement with the airport and the availability with the shuttle, we would be unable to fulfill our scheduled obligations with families and business travelers in town not attending the event if the shuttle were committed to the concert attendees.

I appreciate your feedback and would be honored if you would consider staying with us again should you decide to attend next year's concert or for any reason that brings you to Columbus.

Country Inn & Suites Columbus-Airport, OH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I found this hotel to be very comfortable, clean and quiet. The staff were very efficient and always cheerful. The breakfast was delightful and the food counter was well stocked. Very convenient to the airport and the Interstate. The free WiFi signal strength was very strong which is nice for a change. Our room #125 overlooked the front parking lot but there was no problem with noise. Being close the the airport, you do hear aircraft but not too intrusive.

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, May 16, 2014
Dear DWGB:

We greatly appreciate you taking the time to give us a review on your recent stay. We are pleased to read of the high level of satisfaction with our hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed our amenities including our WiFi and hot breakfast and I will certainly share your compliments with our hotel team.

We look forward to the next opportunity to provide you and your family with pleasant and comfortable accomodations and excellent service on future visits.

Country Inn & Suites, Columbus-Airport, OH
Indianapolis, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is next to several hotels on the same road. Choose one of the other hotels this one is not the best by far. Fitness Room is barely serviceable with three outdated cardio machines and no bikes or free weights. No hot tub, pool room & fitness room were unbearably hot.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Dear riebrown1683:

Please allow me to apologize for the recent experience you had at our hotel. Your review is greatly appreciated and helps us look for ways to improve and grow to meet our guests needs. I do understand that our indoor swimming area and nearby fitness facility can get a bit hot as the season changes, however we are in the process of making repairs to the humidfication system. Please come back and give us another try, because we are sure you will love the improvements we are making.

Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Seem to have some trouble with house keeping. Little toliet paper the first day. Had to go ask for more. Halls, stairwells, elevators , public bathroom not very clean. Bathroom in room could have been a little cleaner. Second day, no towels in bathroom and floor not that clean. Had to go get the towels. They still appeared to cleaning rooms at 6:00 so were obviouly behind for the day. We had stayed here a little while ago and had some similar problems but decided to give it another shot. Probably won't be back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
pmp1960:

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay and I am very sorry that your experience at our hotel was unsatisfactory. We are committed to providing outstanding customer service and take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail, but clearly we were not up to standards during your time with us . Please contact me at the hotel to discuss the details further.

Charleston, West Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Ok, we had a flight out of CMH at 6:45am and i had some Carlson Brand points from over 10 years ago which i thought how bad could it be for probably max an 8 hour stay. I booked a room a few months ago using the points i had and before arrival i called to say "can you please make sure the room does not smell, is clean and smoke free" since I, my wife and 2 children don't smoke. The lady at the front desk assures me that all will be taken care of. We went to Smith & Wollensky's at Easton for dinner and spent $175. We didn't check in until 8pm because i had a felling as they say "you get what you pay for". Finally head over to the dirty, cheap and should be closed down value place to stay and check in. Parking was horrible. We check-in which was very fast. Get our keys and head to the musty room. Go to use the key and the key does not work. No biggie, that happens so i go back down to the front desk and told the girl who gave me a new coded key. Go back up stairs and the key works. he room smells musty and like BODY ODER. Like a construction worker had been staying in that room for months. We go to give my 6 year old & 10 year old a shower before bed to be refreshed before our 6:45 am flight and on the counter is 2 conditioners and a lotion. NO SHAMPOO. Once again in my mind no biggie I will go back down stairs for shampoo because if i call the front desk it may be a while. While I'm out getting the shampoo my daughter lifts up the top toilet seat to pee ( both seats were down) and when she gets off see notices that someone pooped all over the back of the toilet (inside) like they had a stomach virus. Talk about UNSANITARY. There was popcorn under the bed, we didn't want our kids on the dirty floor, the refridgerator smelling like crap. I come back and my wife and kids look like where the hell did i book my family a room and how come we didn't stay and the HILTON or MARRIOTT. I look in the bathroom and almost puked like WTH? SO back down to the front desk to explain these unsanitary details to the front desk. I know this didn't go well but we are use to 4 star hotels and must be spoiled. Anyone from the columbus area knows what the Easton Area Hilton & Marriott are like (TOP NOTCH). So they send someone up to clean the toilet which was gross. The only thing i can think is after the room was cleaned SOMEONE with a master key went back in there with a stomach ache and used the bathroom and didnt clean up after themselves. The front desk says no. When i was on my way down to the front desk there was a family in the hall who was assigned to the room next to us which already had a do not disturb sign on the door which the front desk gave them the wrong room. I told them how sick my room was that they may want to reconsider gong to a different hotel. I would have left but we already took showers, sort of unpacked and the room was paid for by points. There is really nothing i want from them other than they should have paid for me to go to the Marriott Airport since it was right across the street but they didn't. The outcome of this review i hope is I will never do that again and as the true old saying "YOU PAY FOR WHAT YOU GET". Just want to warn people in-towners or out of towners, don't stay here and pay the extra money for a much nicer hotel. I wont be using the rest of my points with this brand of a hotel. We could not wait until 5am to get the hell out of there. I sent management a photo of the unsanitary toilet and they were unhappy to here what happened and would like to discuss. Not much to talk about other than i hope they go out of business. What give me points back so i can stay at another cheap, dirty unsanitary place to sleep. I don't think so.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnColumbus, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, April 20, 2014
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. As previously communicated, we do sincerely apologize for the experience that you and your family had with us. The conditions to which you described are abysmal and I truly regret that we didn’t handle things better and have followed up with my team to ensure such a situation does not recur and has been remedied immediately.

Our hotels are known for a welcoming smile, warm hospitality and providing our guests with an exceptional stay. We take pride in our cleanliness and attention to detail and while I understand and respect your attitude towards our hotel, I assure you that we are committed to being the best and providing the very best accommodations to each and every guest.

Cambridge, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

Check in is said to be 3 pm. We arrived at 6 pm and our rooms were not ready. In fact, there were many other annoyed guests crowding the lobby waiting for rooms. It was anything but organized and the staff were quite unable to make it even look organized.

We left for dinner to give them time to prepare our rooms - one regular room for two and a suite for three. We returned 90 minutes later and our rooms were apparently ready - two regular rooms!! We showed the young woman our reservation and she said the suites were all taken and it was not the hotel's fault. She blamed Hotels.com for the mistake - our confirmations notwithstanding. She told us we had to deal with Hotels.com for the refund of the difference in price and that they could not help. So we made do with the rooms assigned - it was tight but we only stayed one night.

The owner/manager needs to do a great deal of work with his staff.

It makes no sense to blame a third party booking agent should never be blamed. This is not acceptable business practice. Customers should never be placed between the third party booking agent and the hotel. It's up to the two businesses to sort out the issue - the customer should NEVER be held hostage between them.

Room Tip: Best to find another hotel altogether.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Douglas B:

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. In reviewing your feedback, we do recognize that there were some concerns surrounding check-in recently and we have taken steps to ensure that this arrival experience does not recur. Additionally, with regards to your room type request, we do apologize that you did not receive the room type that you had requested in your reservation. We will continue to work on communications with our partner websites and strive to try our best and honor reservation requests.

Please consider us again should you and your family travel to the Columbus, OH area. We would be honored if you would allow us a second chance to make a first impression.

Port Washington, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

The first issue is parking, limited parking in the front, there are side entrances but no parking there, so you have to walk from the back to the side to get in, which wasn't fun in the snow. The place has a weird smell to it. The pool had some slimy gunk floating around the top near the side of the pool, after seeing this there was no way I would let my kids swim! The bathroom had water all over the floor, toilet issues. We had to get the plunger and plunge it every other time someone went to the bathroom, such a pain! There was usually a line at the front desk and no one there, had to get a person cleaning to go to the back room and let them know they had people waiting for service! The sink had black crud leaking around the base of the fixture. There was a ton of dust on the lamps and the brass was all smudged up. The thermostat would not move past 71 degrees no matter if you turned it all the way down to 50 and put the air on, it stayed on a set 71! That is way to hot for me, I like to sleep around 65 degrees, I have NEVER stayed anywhere where you could not control your own temp. in your room! I had a very restless night. Then finally after falling asleep around 11:30pm, we got woke up by the fire alarm at 12am! Someone must of pulled the alarm, because everyone went back to their rooms, fire truck showed up and left after 5 mins. We have an autistic daughter who is extremely sensitive to loud sounds, and this caused a full out meltdown and uncontrollable screaming from her. My nerves were shot, I literally was shaking for about an hour after that alarm went off! We had booked for 2 nights but after all this we left as soon as our event was over the next day, no way was it worth putting ourselves through anymore misery of this crap hotel!

Room Tip: Stay at another hotel!
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
CountryInnColumbus, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport, responded to this review, February 23, 2014
Dear TedTam98,
I sincerely apologize for the stay that you had. We try to ensure that all of our guests enjoy their time with us, and it is unacceptable that you experienced what you did. We have looked into the issues with the fire alarms, and we have had our supplier come out and replace the faulty mechanisms. As for parking, we were extremely busy this weekend, and I apologize that you had to park to the back where there was more snow. I also apologize for the inconvenience with the toilet in your room. Although it does not make up for the problems during your stay, with you bringing it to our attention so promptly, we were able to resolve the issue. Again, I apologize for the problems you encountered during your stay, and we hope you can give us another try and give us a chance to WOW you.

Ashley Snyder
Assistant General Manager
Country Inn and Suites Columbus- Airport

Been to Country Inn & Suites Columbus Airport? Share your experiences!